The Wii U needs more Homebrew Game Ports. Why are people not making ports for the Wii U and instead the Wii?

BradTheHedgefox12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You Know Mania was ported to the Wii U through the homebrew scene right?

And then in addition to the native Wii U Sonic games and the other decomp ports you mention, you can use emulators and loaders to play soooooo many Sonic games on a Wii U (to the point where it would be quicker and easier to list the Sonic games the Wii U can't play lol).
ok
thanks

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact I got curious about it, here is the list of Sonic games that the Wii U can't (reasonably) play in one way or another:

Sonic '06
Sonic Generations
Sonic Forces
Sonic Frontiers
Sonic 4 episode 2
SegaSonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2
Team Sonic Racing
Sonic Free Riders
Sonic Shuffle

Otherwise, name any Sonic game not mentioned here and I can likely tell you how to play it on the Wii U. Though I'm sure I missed a handful of forgettable lesser known titles (including mobile titles obviously).

• Haha
Reactions: lordelan and Crass

BradTheHedgefox12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact I got curious about it, here is the list of Sonic games that the Wii U can't (reasonably) play in one way or another:

Sonic '06
Sonic Generations
Sonic Forces
Sonic Frontiers
Sonic 4 episode 2
SegaSonic the Hedgehog
Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice
Sonic Rivals
Sonic Rivals 2
Team Sonic Racing
Sonic Free Riders
Sonic Shuffle

Otherwise, name any Sonic game not mentioned here and I can likely tell you how to play it on the Wii U. Though I'm sure I missed a handful of forgettable lesser known titles (including mobile titles obviously).
Sonic Classic Collection
Post automatically merged:

Sonic Classic Collection
No wait, Sonic Origins

Last edited by BradTheHedgefox12,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Classic Collection

No wait, Sonic Origins
Yeah but really the only thing the Wii U can't experience from that collection is a native widescreen Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I mean yeah, you miss out on the missions for those classic games, but otherwise all those classic Sonic games are playable on the Wii U, in native widescreen at that, again with exception only to (at least at this time), Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

BradTheHedgefox12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but really the only thing the Wii U can't experience from that collection is a native widescreen Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I mean yeah, you miss out on the missions for those classic games, but otherwise all those classic Sonic games are playable on the Wii U, in native widescreen at that, again with exception only to (at least at this time), Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
How about Sonic's schoolhouse?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U is the native playback go-to for HDMI GCN, Wii, and Wii-U. That's where it excels. Anything else (VC, emus, homebrew) is nice but there are other gadgets that do same or better.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Because the Wii sold 101 million consoles and the Wii-U sold like 13.50 million consoles.
That, and also that many Wii U console's MLC's are dying so the number is decreasing slowly. At least until most owners find the achievements of some awesome members from GBATemp that have made an excelent "job" on reviving our consoles.

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think many will care, especially since they can all so easily be experienced in the vWii, and it's apparently quite easy to add Pro Controller and even GamePad controller support to any given vWii homebrew, so you'll probably never see a giant push for most of these releases to get native Wii U versions. You might have more luck trying to start a movement to integrate Pro Controller and GamePad support into as many Wii homebrew apps as possible.

Hello everybody and happy new year ^^.
It's not easy at all to add GamePad controller support to vWii homebrew... I try to do it for a long time ago with Yabause and I can't do it... (If someone know that it is easy for him, please make that).

However, it'll be great that many people make their homebrew game and share them... But we need to learn how to make that... Where can we have an example to how make a homebrew for Wii U ?

Can I have the PPSSPP emulator link?

I will

You can find it in the thread of retroarch ^^.

Reactions: lordelan

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U doesn't have that much homebrew because it's the middle child. The Wii is a fun console to develop for because it's underpowered and nostalgic, and the Switch is better to develop for because it's the newest, fastest, and has lots more support from the bigger userbase.
-There's a barrier to entry for Wii U homebrew compared to the wii ($8 for a game to inject with CHBC unless that's changed) while modding the Wii is completely free
-The OG Switch is mostly free to mod (kinda costs $20 if you want an RCM loader) and it was able to be softmodded much earlier in its life cycle compared to the Wii U. The Switch was announced literally a week after the "Brazilian method" exploit was utilized to pirate games on the Wii U
Also don't forget that the 3DS modding scene was huge and blowing up while the Wii U was slowly dying out. All the devs were busy getting stuff running on the consoles that they all had

Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay