There's still no exploit for Mariko switches, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
...I bought a Steam Deck for Christmas. It can run emulated Switch games, and as such there's zero need to install homebrew to it. It can also do much, MUCH more.

All this possible without having to risk an expensive $300 Switch or my personal health while tinkering with the console. For any of you that are also waiting for a solderless Mariko exploit, consider also buying the Deck so you can save yourself time and nerves.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"zero need to install homebrew" and yet you use emulators? Aka. "Homebrew"?
I guess you even use Decky Loader?

Reactions: NyaakoXD

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great and all, but I bet that Steam Deck won't play (emulate) Switch games perfectly like the real console would.

There are merits of actually owning the console compared to buying a Steam Deck / emulating, so I don't understand why you're trying to gloat over buying a swiss army knife compared to buying an actual knife.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(Steam Deack is a great machine): you're obviously really proud of yourself for buying one too, so 'well done', and congrats on not having your nerves shot too!
I'm also sure Metroid Prime Remastered really pops on that IPS screen compared to a Switch OLED...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good call. It's pretty much just the open world Switch games that don't emulate too well on Deck, but that's more than made up for by the fact that it can play games from every other Nintendo system and AAA games that the Switch is incapable of running. At locked frame rates nonetheless. Definitely more convenient not needing to jailbreak anything, and the ability to stand in for a desktop PC in a pinch is pretty much the final evolution for portable systems. Valve is more or less the anti-Nintendo.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
the_fox_and_the_grapes.jpg

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
and what? congratulations?
So, switch games emulation is perfect on steam deck? for every games? So cool! I neveer understand why it's not the same with ps3/4 emulation?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival