• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Things are getting worse - Mexico and Trump.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
He wants a wall to protect his citizens. We have too many illegal immigrants coming in to Texas/California/Etc and raping/killing/disturbing the peace/leeching the system. It's ingenious.

He's not cutting off deals with Mexico. He's just preventing crime, and preventing OUR companies from fleeing to Mexico for a tax cut. You'll be getting imports as usual from the USA, just this time, they'll be made in the USA too.

LOL. No. Going to war would be absolutely pointless and against his whole campaign agenda. The whole wall deal is protecting Americans, not wanting to send them into a war to die over.

Ok... I'll asnwer that to someone that clearly does not know it's own enviroment...

He is NOT preventing crime. Illegal inmigrants are not the same than crime, the proble is the ridiculous amount of illegal drugs the United States consumes, that huge markets atracks mafias from many countries (russian, cuban, puerto rican, dominican) and of course, mexican criminal organizations. Donald Trumo won the elections telling every american what they want to ear: "it is not your fault, keep consuming drugs, it's the fault of those inmigrants giving the drugs to you". I'm not saying we mexican are saints or whatever but we can clearly see you the US population are evading your responsabilities in this and you elected a xenophobic president to show us that. Make that wall, it will mean nothing, your crime rate will be the same because criminal group actually operating in you country will eventually find ways to operate again. What is the solution of this? LEGALIZE DRUGS or STOP CONSUMING ALL THAT BULLSHIT AT ALL.

About the economic face on this matter, you americans fail to realize we're the most dangerous country to NOT BE FRIENDS WITH, why? because we're literally next to you and every power block not including the United States want the United States watched closely so any other country will be glad to make bussiness with us (China for example).

To conclude, yes, my goverment is shit, but now, your goverment is shit also, you americans need to learn from your mistakes instead of pointing your fingers immediately to anything that is not you, terrorist? stop bombing the damn middle east, violence and crime in the streets? stop beign the biggest drug market in the world...

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Trump wants to stop Mexicans from flooding over to the US then why doesn't he clamp down and seriously prosecute companies in America which actively employ illegal immigrants for their cheap labour? No jobs for these immigrants means no money, and less inclination for them to up sticks to America in the first place.

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Trump wants to stop Mexicans from flooding over to the US then why doesn't he clamp down and seriously prosecute companies in America which actively employ illegal immigrants for their cheap labour? No jobs for these immigrants means no money, and less inclination for them to up sticks to America in the first place.

Because that would make too much sense, when it comes to politics, everything has to be too damn convoluted.

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Because he wants the hard way (hell mode)

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

So, why not ANY president did that? and that's easy, because cheap hand work made the United States 1st level productive activity (harvesting, farming, basic production) to explode, thay had to pay less for the same work and that was the basis for the best middle class in the world. They know it, but the average US citizen not.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people seem to forget that Mexicans are not the only ones who can be illegal immigrants.
yeah right? I still think we from Americas should apologise to the natives and return their land, than back to or country we where immigrated from ...
but I'm sure they aren't going to allow us there LOL

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Because that would make too much sense, when it comes to politics, everything has to be too damn convoluted.

Isn't that what's going to happen once he defunds sanctuary cities, though? No more tax breaks for those employing or harboring illegals. He is going after them, one step at a time.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that what's going to happen once he defunds sanctuary cities, though? No more tax breaks for those employing or harboring illegals. He is going after them, one step at a time.

Those sanctuary cities, ugh, good, that should curtail something. Is it so hard for people to come legally?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Those sanctuary cities, ugh, good, that should curtail something. Is it so hard for people to come legally?
idk from mexico but from other countries (Like Brazil here) there was a number of people that can be accepted and need to pass some stuff, even passing they can be rejected because that limit, a friend here was like this :/
there are stuff like going to study, to work, both or travel, a lot to take in consideration õ_o

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno.
The Mexican Government is pretty dumb. While I don't really see Mexico paying for the wall entirely, I can see them paying for some of it.
When will they finally give in? Who knows, only time will tell.

Reactions: Chary

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk from mexico but from other countries (Like Brazil here) there was a number of people that can be accepted and need to pass some stuff, even passing they can be rejected because that limit, a friend here was like this :/
there are stuff like going to study, to work, both or travel, a lot to take in consideration õ_o

But that's just it, people come here, not doing it legally because it's too much effort to want to get all documentation. I don't care that immigrants come, only when they come illegally is it annoying.

Heaven forbid they have to work harder to come legally.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why this is a big deal. It's the president's job to enforce the law, and he's going to enforce it. (Unlike Obama, explicitly saying he won't enforce the law, but that's a topic for another day.)

The government has the authority to put a teriff on trades with Mexico that can pay for the wall. If that's passed, the only way for Mexico to not pay for the wall would be for all Mexicans to stop trading with the US entirely.

Reactions: Deleted User

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I dunno.
The Mexican Government is pretty dumb. While I don't really see Mexico paying for the wall entirely, I can see them paying for some of it.
When will they finally give in? Who knows, only time will tell.
Peña nieto cancelled a meeting with Trump, also he talked some time ago about the wall.
So... let's wait, time will decide. :/

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why this is a big deal. It's the president's job to enforce the law, and he's going to enforce it. (Unlike Obama, explicitly saying he won't enforce the law, but that's a topic for another day.)

The government has the authority to put a teriff on trades with Mexico that can pay for the wall. If that's passed, the only way for Mexico to not pay for the wall would be for all Mexicans to stop trading with the US entirely.

The thing that irks me is that so many people are butthurt about being stricter on illegal immigration. What the heck is so wrong with upholding the law?

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that irks me is that so many people are butthurt about being stricter on illegal immigration. What the heck is so wrong with upholding the law?
Liberals get butthurt over everything.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lego-ages-5-lego-own-your-wall-trump-n-n-12167972.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...