GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yesterday I got this great 28" CRT ("tube") TV for playing PS1 light gun games
:wub:
Nice find!

When flat TVs began to gain wide distribution and got cheaper anybody threw away their CRT TV. If you had enough storage you could have collected an arbitrary amount of them without paying a penny. Nowadays they are rare – big surprise.

I was looking for a big one for longer time but I couldn't lift the weight (30+ kilos).
70cm CRT are among the biggest I can carry alone. Weight isn't the only problem here. Those big boxes are just unhandy and unsuitable for carrying without a second person..

Try lifting a Loewe Aconda 93102 ZW :creep: (unsuitable for lightgun since 100Hz)

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got an 8bitdo PS1 Retro receiver so I can have a controller with a better dpad for my PS1, and an officially Blockbuster licensed Switch game case from Retrofighters
IMG_20240116_154404520.jpg

Beyond that got a few more test leads for my multi meter, a new battery for my EZ-Flash Jr, a small network switch so I can host a Starbound server for a friend of mine, and a clock for my bathroom.
What I didn't get was a golden NSO Brawler64 controller, because the brains over at Retrofighters accidentally shipped me two of those VHS switch cases, instead of a controller and a single switch case. Hopefully they can fix that pretty soon.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Got an 8bitdo PS1 Retro receiver so I can have a controller with a better dpad for my PS1, and an officially Blockbuster licensed Switch game case from Retrofighters
View attachment 414255
Beyond that got a few more test leads for my multi meter, a new battery for my EZ-Flash Jr, a small network switch so I can host a Starbound server for a friend of mine, and a clock for my bathroom.
What I didn't get was a golden NSO Brawler64 controller, because the brains over at Retrofighters accidentally shipped me two of those VHS switch cases, instead of a controller and a single switch case. Hopefully they can fix that pretty soon.
I got the same case and it is surprisingly of decent quality. Very nostalgic.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice find!

When flat TVs began to gain wide distribution and got cheaper anybody threw away their CRT TV. If you had enough storage you could have collected an arbitrary amount of them without paying a penny. Nowadays they are rare – big surprise.

70cm CRT are among the biggest I can carry alone. Weight isn't the only problem here. Those big boxes are just unhandy and unsuitable for carrying without a second person..

Try lifting a Loewe Aconda 93102 ZW :creep: (unsuitable for lightgun since 100Hz)

There was a time when every couple of weeks there was a trowed away CRT TV or monitor on the streets. Some working, some defect.

Nowadays I don't see them on the streets anymore, however on online markets for second hand goods it's still possible to find CRT TV's for a low price or for free (except the premium brands like Sony, B&O). But the heavy weight/size... :lol: I think that a lot of those units which nobody takes will end up being scrapped in the end. And over a couple of years they will be rare even on online places.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TZkbRMjl.jpg

Yesterday I got this great 28" CRT ("tube") TV for playing PS1 light gun games

I was looking for a big one for longer time but I couldn't lift the weight (30+ kilos). Then someone in a retro gaming group gave one away and he brought it to my home for free :wub:

I really love this TV
It's really a big improvement from the 14" where I came from.
Last time I carried one Sony Trinitron KV27 it weighted 60KG.

If you're playing with 28" CRTs that weighs around 30KG, please let me know where I can find one.

Also, rule of thumb: Flatscreens looks good 20" and lower, anything bigger than 20" must be round to prevent distortions.

Jeez... that CRT looks nice. Congrats.

Reactions: Fien and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I carried one Sony Trinitron KV27 it weighted 60KG.

If you're playing with 28" CRTs that weighs around 30KG, please let me know where I can find one.

Also, rule of thumb: Flatscreens looks good 20" and lower, anything bigger than 20" must be round to prevent distortions.

Jeez... that CRT looks nice. Congrats.
I have 3 old CRT tvs in my basement I tried to give away years ago. Nobody wanted them then when flatscreens were just coming out. Now they are a hot comoditity. I may have to donate them or something. Too bad you guys weren't closer to me, I'd give them to yall!

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have 3 old CRT tvs in my basement I tried to give away years ago. Nobody wanted them then when flatscreens were just coming out. Now they are a hot comoditity. I may have to donate them or something. Too bad you guys weren't closer to me, I'd give them to yall!
Flat screens, unfortunately, are prone to distortion even from factory.

I'd be interested if it were a 16:9 CRT with HDMI and Component inputs.

But thanks anyway. CRTs prices are going up, don't worries, you'll get good money out of them in a few years.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought from the PlayStation Store:
- Burnout Paradise
- Deadlight Director's Cut
- My Friend Pedro
- Gravel Special Edition
- Anthem
- Battlefield 1 Revolution

All for about $20 and yeah I know I don't really "own" these games, but for $20 it's a pretty damn good deal.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Another fish tank!

IMG_20240118_165248.jpg

5-ish gallon tank, got it for free so I can't complain. It's set up in my "office" (formerly broom closet).
Gonna have shrimp in it.
It's been cycling for a while now, the snails have been in there a while too (they're having some sort of orgy down there). I introduced the first shrimp today. Who promptly vanished into the shrubbery so you can't see it in the photo. It's shrimpulating merrily. So far so good. I'll have to get a few (dozen) more.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another fish tank!

View attachment 414637

5-ish gallon tank, got it for free so I can't complain. It's set up in my "office" (formerly broom closet).
Gonna have shrimp in it.
It's been cycling for a while now, the snails have been in there a while too (they're having some sort of orgy down there). I introduced the first shrimp today. Who promptly vanished into the shrubbery so you can't see it in the photo. It's shrimpulating merrily. So far so good. I'll have to get a few (dozen) more.
Nice. What kind of shrimp you putting in it?

I've mainly had neocaridina shrimp and Amano shrimp tanks, when I did keep them.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nice. What kind of shrimp you putting in it?

I've mainly had neocaridina shrimp and Amano shrimp tanks, when I did keep them.
I'm thinking yellow neocaridina, they will look nice next to the green and red plants.

Although, I have low grade red cherry shrimp in my other tank and most of them are now transparent :ha:

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking yellow neocaridina, they will look nice next to the green and red plants.

Although, I have low grade red cherry shrimp in my other tank and most of them are now transparent :ha:
Yeah the yellow neocaridina shrimp would look nice with the plants. I have a extra 10 gallon I was thinking of doing a Dwarf orange crayfish tank, when the weather gets warmer.

Reactions: BigOnYa and Veho

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A new flush valve for the toilet with a push button instead of a lever. The wife was moaning like a moany thing as she said the current lever flush valve is a pain to use. Guess that's my job for the next 1/2 hour sorted for me while I change this, no doubt half way though she will find something else to complain about.

yRjtI8S.png
Looks like a straight up dirty toy.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Looks like a straight up dirty toy.
It's done, also I changed the dougnut seal and fill valve while I was at it. About 10 seconds after I was finished I was told the brakes had failed on the wifes car and then was forced to go and buy a new rear set of brake shoes and a new brake cylinder + fluid and then had the joy of fitting those, only to notice the twats had sold me the wrong shoes when I was half way through the job, so back off to the shop to get some correct ones. It was -6 degrees C at the time and the wife was waving to me and smiling out the house window as I was doing it. Sometimes my life sucks I guess.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Order a micro sd card Lexar 1tb for my rev2 Mariko Nintendo Switch but not get it yet
Just a fyi, I've heard several people having issues with Lexar Micro sd cards and the Switch. Slow read speeds, and freeze ups with that brand of card. Hopefully not with yours, but good luck!

Reactions: MetaLLG

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a fyi, I've heard several people having issues with Lexar Micro sd cards and the Switch. Slow read speeds, and freeze ups with that brand of card. Hopefully not with yours, but good luck!
I've heard that some people had melted the SD card slot from using certain 1TB SD cards. So I would strongly advise proceeding with caution when picking one out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over