Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A fountain pen and some new ink!

IMG_1877.jpeg

Already had the blue one and absolutely adore it, so decided to set my eyes on the full set. Got the black and white one on the way, so just the green and white one left to track down for a decent price…

Love the inks too. They’re both shimmer inks so they kinda glitter. The orange is really sparkly, though I think the blue is dulled a bit because I had black ink in that pen before and didn’t wash the nib particularly well. Should get a bit less dark over time.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 388696

Already had the blue one and absolutely adore it, so decided to set my eyes on the full set. Got the black and white one on the way, so just the green and white one left to track down for a decent price…

Love the inks too. They’re both shimmer inks so they kinda glitter. The orange is really sparkly, though I think the blue is dulled a bit because I had black ink in that pen before and didn’t wash the nib particularly well. Should get a bit less dark over time.
You've got very neat handwriting. Those pens too are very sparkly.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 388696

I like glitter :wub:

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just the green one to find now!

1692264334748.png

Definitely going to wait until next month before picking it up mind. As for the ink, I think I'm going to get a silver one for the black and white pen. Obviously not a great choice for white paper, but my main notebook is a refillable one that I have brown paper in, and I think silver would rock on that.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some more Gundam model kits I ordered have shipped. Total coming is 9.

The ones for me are a MG Lukas's Strike E + IWSP, a MG Wing Gundam Zero EW Ver. Ka and a HG UC Guntank.

For my nephews I got them 2 HG UC RX-78-2, 2 HG UC RGM-79 GM, a HG UC RGM-79GS GM Command Space Use and a HG UC Gundam F91. So 3 for each.

Also my 1TB SN740 came today, so I'll be installing that later when I get home from work.

Last edited by dragonblood9999,

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also my 1TB SN740 came today, so I'll be installing that later when I get home from work.
So a note to anyone that is/will upgrade a steam deck storage... don't use a 2.0 usb drive to install steam os. I couldn't find any of my 3.0 drives and it's taken over 40 minutes just to boot into the "click on this to install os" icon.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So a note to anyone that is/will upgrade a steam deck storage... don't use a 2.0 usb drive to install steam os. I couldn't find any of my 3.0 drives and it's taken over 40 minutes just to boot into the "click on this to install os" icon.
I still have PTSD from having to install windows 7 from a very slow USB 2 stick a decade ago. That took about 8 hours total of just waiting.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I still have PTSD from having to install windows 7 from a very slow USB 2 stick a decade ago. That took about 8 hours total of just waiting.
that's nothing compared to install my computer back on the 94:

Windows 95 28 HD floppy disks
Office 4.3 12 HD floppy disks
Eye of the Beholder 3 HD flopply disks
15 another games 10 HD floppy disks
Word Perfect 5.2 6 HD floppy disks
Word start pro 2 HD floppy disks
office tools 6 HD floppy disks

the most long 3 days ever.

and so on...

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got very neat handwriting. Those pens too are very sparkly.

Huh? I wouldn't say it's sloppy, but I don't believe you've seen very neat handwriting before. I'm also not sure what "Hello jrom blue!" and "Hello jrom orange!" means. ;)

Edit: The pens look fantastic. I just wouldn't consider it "very neat handwriting". But I'm not calling it terrible handwriting either. The "jrom" part was just for dramatic effect, as I obviously know those "j's" are supposed to be "f's". lol

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's nothing compared to install my computer back on the 94:

Windows 95 28 HD floppy disks
Office 4.3 12 HD floppy disks
Eye of the Beholder 3 HD flopply disks
15 another games 10 HD floppy disks
Word Perfect 5.2 6 HD floppy disks
Word start pro 2 HD floppy disks
office tools 6 HD floppy disks

the most long 3 days ever.

and so on...
But at least the chances are high you did that when it was still common, I did that when USB 3 started to become good and you could install windows 7 from DVD in about 1h to 1.5h.

I don't mind waiting on old tech for days if that's just how long it takes, but I do mind if it takes longer than is reasonable.

I could have gone to the store, buy a faster USB 3 drive, move the installation media to that drive, take a nap for 3 hours, cancel the installation, and still have it installed faster from the new drive. But sadly it was a sunday and no stores were open. But that did push me to buy a USB 3 drive and I haven't regretted it since.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh? I wouldn't say it's sloppy, but I don't believe you've seen very neat handwriting before. I'm also not sure what "Hello jrom blue!" and "Hello jrom orange!" means. ;)

Edit: The pens look fantastic. I just wouldn't consider it "very neat handwriting". But I'm not calling it terrible handwriting either. The "jrom" part was just for dramatic effect, as I obviously know those "j's" are supposed to be "f's". lol
For what it's worth, I don't think anybody outside of the lovely person here has ever called my handwriting neat lol. It's... Unique. But yeah these pens are lush, and feel great to write with too. I think the orange one is a fine nib and both the blue and black ones are medium, so they're a touch smoother.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But at least the chances are high you did that when it was still common, I did that when USB 3 started to become good and you could install windows 7 from DVD in about 1h to 1.5h.

I don't mind waiting on old tech for days if that's just how long it takes, but I do mind if it takes longer than is reasonable.

I could have gone to the store, buy a faster USB 3 drive, move the installation media to that drive, take a nap for 3 hours, cancel the installation, and still have it installed faster from the new drive. But sadly it was a sunday and no stores were open. But that did push me to buy a USB 3 drive and I haven't regretted it since.
on that time the CD was broadly standard but I haven't enough money so...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What a weird coincidence. I just found this in a drawer today.. still sealed with CoA on the back!

View attachment 389167
I don't know why sometimes I get:

1692469312167.png

but whe replying I do can see the image:

1692469245244.jpeg

wow the "With USB Support" version, that was a big deal back then

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Went to a local hobby shop with my nephew and we both bought some Gundam Kits. I got for me a MG Ver.ka Victory Two Gundam and a HG Full armor Gundam 7th. My nephew saved up some money and bought a Entry Grade Strike Gundam, a Hg Victory Two Gundam and a HG Aile Strike Gundam.

20230819_170439.jpg20230819_170447.jpg
20230819_223901.jpg20230819_170458.jpg20230819_170504.jpg

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER