The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just get these for wife and knitting group
View attachment 397434

They put these around the index finger and cant count quickly each stich of their crotchet knitting

So that's like some sort of knitting GPS? "At the next stitch, purl. Purl the next 20 stitches, then drop two. At the next stitch, knit. Dropped stitch, recalculating. Unravel two, then purl."

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some new figures

20231004_201034.jpg
20231008_145857.jpg

Last edited by Joe88,

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An electrician. I’m good with electronics, not so good with wiring. Being color blind has a lot to do with it, but also that I’m pretty much terrified of voltages above 12 volts.

He was here most of the day yesterday changing out every breaker, the panel, and wiring to all the bedrooms. He will be back today to finish wiring the rest of the house.

Whole home renovations suck.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a few more minidiscs so I can put most of my CDs onto those to have them available portably.
IMG_20231006_133723541.jpg

And then I also got some new music to listen to in general.
IMG_20231006_133933640.jpg

Left one is an album for MS DOS. Comes with dosbox for modern systems but sadly audio stutters in there so playback is restricted to the raw wav files for now.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bought a azza 550w 80+ Bronze psu for my old pc. I also ordered a used AMD Athlon x4 860k. It's a. Fm2+ cpu that should work with my pc motherboard. If it doesn't, oh well, it was only $10.

Already installed the psu, and it seems to work great, definitely a lot better than the garbage 300w, no name 10 year old psu that was in the pc.

Reactions: AncientBoi

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 397788

Should go nicely with my new PC parts coming tomorrow 🤩 finally moving on from my 2015 build.

Got it used for a pretty good price. Ran furmark for an hour with no hiccups
Nice, I have a 3070 and it's a beast still. Considering it was used definitely take it apart and replace the thermal paste. Unless the seller specifically mentioned he's done that recently it's most likely going to be required and make it noticeably quieter. Any non-conductive thermal paste will do, too. You could also replace the thermal pads with something better while in there, but those usually last 5-10 years without degrading so they're nowhere near their own expiration date.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a few more minidiscs so I can put most of my CDs onto those to have them available portably.
View attachment 397733
And then I also got some new music to listen to in general.
View attachment 397734
Left one is an album for MS DOS. Comes with dosbox for modern systems but sadly audio stutters in there so playback is restricted to the raw wav files for now.
Very nice. :)

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got more things, this time a box full of traditional east German Christmas treats:
IMG_20231007_204238651.jpg

Those are, from left to right, a 2lb Whiskey Stollen, a .5lb Bratapfel Stollen (baked cinnamon appel), a 1.5lb balls-to-wall Dresdner Stollen, and without a box a Bratapfel Striezel.

What's a Stollen? It's a traditional German fruit cake that started it's existence as a winter ration, baked during the close of the harvest season and using things like crushed almonds and raisins, they are such sugar dense fruit cakes that they stay fresh for the entire winter season. So they make excellent treats for dark age peasants during the long winter months, and they also double as a good emergency rations due to having ridiculous amounts of calories. These days they're just nice treats but still make for decent rations for winter hikes or similar.
The right most one is the most traditional of them, made with only premium ingredients because I want to see if it's actually worth spending more or if the cheaper ones are more bang for the buck. The whiskey and Bratapfel ones I got because I never had those flavors in Stollen before, and the Kentucky whiskey in particular sounds interesting. The Striezel is not quite a Stollen but very close, seems like the biggest difference to Stollen is that it's more like Brioche dough, and only lasts a couple weeks instead of 6 months.

Why did I get them before Halloween? Because they were sold out when I tried to get them last year during December. So this year I ordered them a little early so they wouldn't be all gone again.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  • Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one