Things you recently bought or got

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well would you look at that!!! And it costs just $21 and nine hundred and ninety nine cents!!!
runaway.gif

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The chips were oddly addicting. They tasted kinda terrible but... at the same time I ate the entre damn bag. Despite that, I would never buy them again & had it not been for the other two items I don't think I'd have eaten them at all. :rofl: (Take the strawberry out though and I would make multiple purchases. The Chicken and Waffles flavor they had several years ago were the best.)

IMG_20240411_202832630 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20240411_203328859 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20240411_203811392 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my Backbone One today and I'm very happy with it, just connect my USB-C phone and start playing! :) Using it for emulators and I can't complain.

61QL3-ztWeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The controller feels like a hybrid of PlayStation/Switch which I expected and I'm fine with that as it's meant to take on the go.

Furthermore, this beats buying one of those handhelds that are released like weekly for god knows why. And my phone battery? I've got 65w chargers so not too concerned as I won't be playing for hours, more of short sessions.

Thanks for the Vita 2, Sony. :P

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I received my Backbone One today and I'm very happy with it, just connect my USB-C phone and start playing! :) Using it for emulators and I can't complain.

61QL3-ztWeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The controller feels like a hybrid of PlayStation/Switch which I expected and I'm fine with that as it's meant to take on the go.

Furthermore, this beats buying one of those handhelds that are released like weekly for god knows why. And my phone battery? I've got 65w chargers so not too concerned as I won't be playing for hours, more of short sessions.

Thanks for the Vita 2, Sony. :P
Super nice controller, I got one to review a while back and really enjoyed using it:
https://gbatemp.net/review/backbone-one-mobile-game-controller.2315/

Where things more recently went wrong for me was in modding it to make it extend further, so I could try using it with my iPad Mini. Did work fine at first, but I think I was a little too rough with it, and now the left half just doesn't take any inputs lol. With some luck I've just pulled a ribbon cable out, but I guess GameSir stuff is probably better for tablet gaming since they use conductive springs to connect the controller halves. Much more difficult to break those!

weestuarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here are the two GBA's I bought from "Amazon Renewed." I paid a little extra vs. eBay, but these things are in truly excellent condition and with no 20-year old finger mung in the cracks. They're basically brand new. Especially the one I had already taken out of the wrapper in the first two pics. It's perfect. No wear on it at all. Screen is perfect. Cart slot is pristine. Button action is tight. On the other, once I unwrapped it I noticed a little wear on the silver paint along some edges. (see the edge of the battery compartment on the last photo, a little silver is worn off) Still, incredible. I thought maybe they were re-shells, new screens, etc., but after seeing the slight wear and signs of use on the second one, I doubt it. Besides, can't see how that would be profitable.

They're both getting modded with laminated ITA screen kits, and I know they're both excellent donors. Worth it IMHO.

edit: some more of the wear on the one still in the bag can also be seen along the top edge above "Power" if you expand this photo
1000476426.jpg

1000476442.jpg

1000476454.jpg

1000476461.jpg

Last edited by Hanafuda,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would check the LTTP as the label isnt right for the pal versions so its at least a reprint

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-this-snes-pcb-genuine.622105/

this is good to check with. Im not against repros just some people like to try and sell them as genuine.
The PCB is genuine (I already had it open earlier to check for reproduction and to clean the contacts) and I'm very certain that's just what the German label looks like. It's in good shape but definitely has wear on it that wouldn't be present on a newer replacement sticker. The back label also has the expected embossing on it.

Edit: Poked around Google images for a bit and it seems every country in the EU had a different label, but German ones basically all look like that with the black border.

Edit 2: Found a page that's shows all the different EU labels / boards: https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0164 / German Label

Last edited by RAHelllord,

weestuarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PCB is genuine (I already had it open earlier to check for reproduction and to clean the contacts) and I'm very certain that's just what the German label looks like. It's in good shape but definitely has wear on it that wouldn't be present on a newer replacement sticker. The back label also has the expected embossing on it.

Edit: Poked around Google images for a bit and it seems every country in the EU had a different label, but German ones basically all look like that with the black border.

Edit 2: Found a page that's shows all the different EU labels / boards: https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0164 / German Label
Good stuff, with so many repos being passed as genuine its always best to check

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Went to the reptile expo today. I got the two dart frogs I wanted. I got a male and female Dendrobates tinctorius azureus, as well as some supplies I needed for them, like their food and other things like two coconut half hides.

Attachments

• 20240414_123940.jpg
    20240414_123940.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240414_130103.jpg
    20240414_130103.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.