Things you recently bought or got

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I just might. I remember years ago I sent it in to get fixed and they told me that they couldn't fix it but I mean if I try it myself it won't be that expensive and I did read about it before and the process isn't hard. Just need to re-read
Well if you do, let me know how it went :D

LittleFlame

Local Bruh.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
getting this headset for my birthday soon ^_^
720plus_001.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back to FAST6191 buys nice tools from people that have no idea what they are selling.

My favourite
People told me I have too few vices and that was not a good thing. To that end I have been picking them up this last year or so. Today I saw a beauty of an almost blacksmith vice/leg vice, certainly one I can pound with a hammer with less worry about ways and screws than engineering style vices. You join me on the old workbench aka the top of the freezer. I can't really read the maker marks as is but there is one.
leg_vice.JPG

£5 it was. What dragging it, what else I got and a dog ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/going-to-throw-a-stick-around-a-while-dogs-interest-depending.385090/ ) that decided to be on squirrel and cat watch back up the hill has done to my productivity this week remains to be seen.

What would have been my favourite if not for the vice. Hand powered sharpening wheel, needs a clean up and probably a new stone (not sure if I can dress that one back to form) but I like it.
Edit. Cleaned it up a bit, scraped off some of the dirt and nastiness, oiled some of the threads, and found the previous owner thought the little grease holes were just for show and/or that it has probably been sitting for decades. Stuck some oil in there and it runs like a dream. I will probably need a new stone but it sharpened the screwdriver that sorted the rest (literally and figuratively) so that is nice. Probably not going to pull it fully apart at this point.
Words on it are The Carborundum Co Niagara Falls. Niagara No 1-75
On the other side Pat Oct 17 1911
sharpening_wheel.JPG

£3.

Tools. Though I do not rate the tool knowledge of most people I buy from here then if it says Mac or snapoff then you will pay money. Lovely old German tools like Gedore (even if these are their India division) and things like Kamasa which play at that level a lot seem to not attract anything. Oh and some more auger bits to go in the collection I seem to be amassing (see previously on tools with FAST6191 http://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-277#post-6127962 ). I do usually try to pick up old nails, rivets and fixings, mainly as sticking a bunch of http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1AMRX...sten-Wall-Insert-Cord-Fixer-Steel-Plastic.jpg in a 400 year old house when running a wire down the outside looks a bit tacky and such people do appreciate a bit of vintage looking finish.
tools_main.JPG

Each spanner has two sizes so that is 12 point spanners in the range of 8-9,12-17 mm.
tools_nails.JPG

£3 for the nails and the tools. Edit. Have the patent for the nails as well http://www.directorypatent.com/GB/619031-a.html

Oh and a nice wooden box for £1
box_march.JPG

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a JP Famicom from ebay. It doesn't work so I'll get to have some fun repairing it. I've got acouple famicom games I've had close to ten years that I've never tested, so there's that too. Even if I can't get it working it will look cool on the shelf.
ysk2fuko8xdcvdozg.jpg

Edit: Just got the console in the mail, and quickly tested it. It powers on with garbled video then freezes. audio is fine. I'm suspecting the Wram as the faulty chip. I actually have acouple spare sram chips so I'll be testing it out later. Love how the console looks, but wow are the cords short.
Little update on the Broken JP Famicom HVC I bought from Ebay, I did manage to get this console repaired. but it wasn't what I thought was wrong with it.

I originally thought it was the Wram, so I replaced both sram's thinking that would fix it. It didn't fix it, my next thought was CPU\PPU but again I was wrong. turned out it was U2 74ls5373 causing the problem. replaced that and fully fixed the console. luckily I saved the chips I removed.

Here's my repair pics for those interested and shows the problem "Here"

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just realized I had some unspent points on http://i.ntere.st/ , so I decided to order this Dragon Quest manga that I know absolutely nothing about lol

Also, it's in Japanese, so it'll be nice for studying too ^_^

342d15f96533fa78039090e5ed619480.jpg

I have a feeling @Bortz might know something about this? xD
Holy crap I totally forgot I ordered this xD Anyway, it finally decided to show up in my mailbox today, 3 month after my order.

rnSinz9.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool and nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1