Things you recently bought or got

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Went on a bit of a book buying spree today and over the last week or so. Science and engineering is of course the focus, along with the occasional old cook book
I don't think I am out more than £15 for all you see there, and a chunk of that was because I decided to give more to a couple round the corner selling some of the engineering books than they were asking (the pile on the right they wanted £2 for but I went for £5). The engineering drawing book though is amazing -- I am not one for CAD or design but this thing is almost more applied engineering (albeit for 1964 and started earlier), its section on gears is possibly one of the best I have read. A few of those maths ones (the spines having vanished) are late 1800s as well which is going to make for interesting reading, I don't think I have ever really gone back that far in seeing how and what maths was taught. Probably the usual story of some old guy died and books went to an auction, in this case it seemed to be some old Polish speaking (there were some lovely looking old Polish story books in the boxes but I don't speak/read it and don't care to dip my toe into the reseller pond) very religious chemical/geological engineer I guess that came up in the 1920s though 1940s, so possibly a family.
On a related note does anybody know why 1960s books have the sleeve the opposite way around? Every other book I have has either so you can read it normally when it is standing up or if the front cover is facing up then the spine is the right way up, seemingly not some of those though.

tybg_new_books.JPG

I will however have to figure out somewhere to store them all as things are getting pretty packed around here
tybg_lack_of_storage_1.JPG
tybg_lack_of_storage_2.JPG

Oh and however many years on this is I finally got a little screen for my projector for £2. Actually a nice sparkly projector sheet which is nice, however I am going to need to clean it up first.

I was proud of myself too as I managed to resist the temptation to get more auger bits, for months there were none and now there are loads of nice ones.

Reactions: nxwing

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol that's pretty nice. Will probably brick my phone though :P
yeah i want a 6p in silver too
i thought i would be able to find a better deal on one by now though, i saw some that are from texas that say refurb but in perfect condition
,i really like the r2d2 skin

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Bought a new capture card (HD60 Pro). my current one was a little outdated. This has a lag free passthrough and seemed to have gotten really good reviews which I found to be a big plus. I also purchased a ASUS VG248QE monitor to eliminate some lag. trying to get my framemeister setup going to start recording some better quality videos.
bo9ibiyrayt64tfzg.jpg

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Bought a new capture card (HD60 Pro). my current one was a little outdated. This has a lag free passthrough and seemed to have gotten really good reviews which I found to be a big plus. I also purchased a ASUS VG248QE monitor to eliminate some lag. trying to get my framemeister setup going to start recording some better quality videos.
bo9ibiyrayt64tfzg.jpg
Nice! You have a YT channel?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new desk, chair, and built myself a new computer.
Skylake i7 6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard
16 GB G.Skill DDR4 PC2400 RAM
512GB M.2 Samsung 950 SSD
5TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD
Corsair 750w Modular PSU
LG Blu-Ray Burner
Thermaltake Versa H34 ATX Case w/Window

Radeon 7970 OC (extracted from my old PC to save money)
Acer 25" 1440p display

Fi2jMnz.jpg

KNhw9Uy.jpg

AxgnGeE.jpg
I named the computer Jasmine and it's running Windows 10.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays