• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

This is so messed up; Dragon Ball Anime VA accused of sexual harassment

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
To all those saying "we don't know the facts" here are the facts: he was accused of being too touchy with fans, and possibly in general. While i get that some people may not like that, it's nothing criminal or even sexual, also i'm pretty sure he would have stopped if he was asked to without dogpiling him with accusations. Then some 30 year old stories came out about how he pushed some woman against a wall. 1. I'm way past the point of giving women the benefit of the doubt at this point. No police report = you are a fucking liar, don't @ me. 2. even if you take the story seriously, it was that he pushed her against a wall, and then let her go after several rejections, in other words, he did nothing criminal. 3. the universal question in all these cases, why was it neccesasary to wait 30 years?
If these people were uncomfortable that his personality is touchy feely then why not say something then and there?

They could’ve of just said you being close makes me uncomfortable, then he would’ve if said oh sorry didn’t know you don’t like people being to close to you. He could back off. And situation would’ve just resolved then and there. No sexual harassment case no nothing. Which makes it seem that these people are only just trying to destroy him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's fine, I'm not really that invested in it. Like I said, I prefer Japanese subs to English dubs. In all cases except perhaps Cowboy Bebop. It will be interesting to see how things shake out in the end, though.
Maybe your right. People are probably too invested in this because it’s the hot new drama. People should probably just chill out and see how this goes.

But then again if Vic does turn out to be innocent. Then all the fans that were invested they helped him a huge ton since they found out evidence that was tampered with. So they are contributing to a good cause.

This is also a good learning experience to see what can be used against you so you won’t be in this same situation too.

Reactions: erikas
D

Deleted User

Considering how he's known for being touchy, it astounds me that fans would approach him not expecting it.

D

Deleted User

If it turns out it isn't true do you think Monica will be fired? My guess is no, because they will view it as something that will tarnish their reputation to fire someone who believed they where sexually harrassed.

But her actions regarding the matter make me far from empathetic to the situation. Grab the pitch forks and torches, burn everything to the ground!

Not the attitude of someone who truly wants justice, it's that of someone who wants justification.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody following the crazy situation with Vic Mignogna the voice actor for Edward Elric for Full Metal Alchemist, and Broly for Dragon Ball?

He got fired over this. And even other voice actors some from Dragon Ball have turned against Vic.

This isn’t a nothing case. This shows that our society has changed for the worse. This really could happen to any male now. Your family members, friends, people you care about. They all could be under sexually harassment cases without any proof and have their lives ruined. Even the most nicest people out there. It’s a negative trend that when people talk about it they just roll their eyes and say you’re over exaggerating. But it’s not an over exaggeration.

So many times, too many actually, of these types of cases pops up that people go on a witch hunt before any evidence is presented. A level headed person should wait till after evidence pops up not before.

There even evidence of people trying to frame Vic and photoshop images to ruin his reputation. And a female a spoke out and said that one of the pictures being used against Vic, she actually was totally fine with him hugging her, and stories about her feeling uncomfortable is actually untrue. Even hugging is now sexual harassment.

His life is pretty much ruined. Even if he gets cleared and no proof comes up, he done. People aren’t going to trust him. He’s probably going to have a harder time finding a job. And there’s going to be people out there that are going to rationalize him not getting criminal charges as proof of a toxic male society, where men have power and let other men get away with crimes. And it’s because of these people that are going to be the problem for why he is going to have a harder time in life now. This is really messed up.
Hey I've met the guy, was cool, kinda a lady's man type, which is probably what got him in trouble, at conventions the guy has a couple hundred girls going crazy over him, he randomly starts singing George Michael songs, girls go crazy, I dunno what to say, this could go either way, but no one should be fired without proof of misconduct.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

His life is far from ruined. Once found inocent (if he is) he will find work again no problem.

I can name you at least 20 famous people accused of crimes far worse than sexual harassment for instance attempted murder and pedophilia that are as famous if not more so than they were before being accused.
Eh, you know he is famous for being a anime voice actor, Funimation is about as high as it goes, dubbed anime is currently in a weird space where no one knows if it will survive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...