THQ Nordic and Nickelodeon to team up in order to "bring back" classic games

THQ-Nordic-556x340-555x339.jpg

Those who grew up with the kid's cartoon channel Nickelodeon in the 1990s and early 2000s might be excited to know that publisher THQ Nordic has teamed up with Nick in order to revive some older games that the original THQ company had published with them back in the day. Nostalgic video game adaptations of series like SpongeBob Squarepants, Rugrats, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, and more were all listed as franchises that THQ Nordic has an interest in bringing back to consumers. Details about which games exactly, what platform, and the availability of this revival will be announced in the "coming months", according to the company.

The full list of planned game titles are:
  • Back At The Barnyard
  • Catscratch
  • Danny Phantom
  • El Tigre
  • Invader Zim
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • My Life As A Teenage Robot
  • Rocket Power
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Tak And The Power Of JUJU
  • The Fairly OddParents (US only)
  • The Ren & Stimpy Show
  • The Wild Thornberrys

This one hits close to home! We are very proud of signing this agreement, which was originally executed by the “former” THQ Inc,” comments Adrienne Lauer, VP Digital Sales & Business Development Americas at THQ Nordic. “We believe the combination of strong licenses and solid, crisp gameplay was one of THQ Inc’s trademark strategies, and we intend to continue this tradition. I am confident we chose one of the strongest partners for doing just that. It is a perfect fit for our “asset care” strategy: bringing back fan-favorites, continuing to support legacy games and make them available on current and even next-gen platforms.

:arrow: Source

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't recall any of their games being that great. Even Battle for Bikini Bottom which people seem to regard as their best game is an extremely average platformer that people wouldn't care about if it didn't have a Spongebob skin.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't recall any of their games being that great. Even Battle for Bikini Bottom which people seem to regard as their best game is an extremely average platformer that people wouldn't care about if it didn't have a Spongebob skin.
both tak and the power of juju were nice too.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I defiantly don't want a HD remake of any of these games. I'd be down with a new Spongebob game though. Battle of Bikini Bottom still works fine and looks great!

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A lot of those games can probably be found at a used game store for $5. I doubt anyone will want to pay anything over $20 and that's pushing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhe5d1WED8