Hardware Time to ditch your PS3! MS offer $100 store credit for your old PS3

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Microsoft called this program "The Pay-To-Play Station" I might consider it.

Not because I'm interested in the Xbox One, mind you, just based on principle.

Reactions: the_randomizer

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
They take in ALL PS3s but Xbox 360s? Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E but what about the original Xbox 360 models? Nope.

They're avoiding their own fanbase lol.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad but true. Kinda weird that they would take PS3s but not the Xbox 360 for a trade in?
That's not weird at all. They assume they've secured their Xbox fanbase, and thus, don't need to offer further incentive to switch to the Xbox One for those that own a 360. The idea is that they'll all get a One in due time. It's more about trying to turn the Playstation fans, as I previously stated. You don't need to tempt your own customer base as much as you need to tempt the competition to come over to your side.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just goes to show that the xbone can be sold for $400. Why wait for a price drop when a PS4 is already $400.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can deal with xbox but the xbox 360 and one FUCK NO!! hell just might has well change the ad to recycle that offline piece of crap WII U for a xbox one for 150!! don't hate sony mircosoft. hate nintendo instead!!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can deal with xbox but the xbox 360 and one FUCK NO!! hell just might has well change the ad to recycle that offline piece of crap WII U for a xbox one for 150!! don't hate sony mircosoft. hate nintendo instead!!

Sorry, were we supposed to give two shits about your blatant (and pathetic) attempt at trolling? Hate to break it to ya, but I'd rather have someone defecate on my tombstone than to trade a Wii U for the Xbox One. Same crap, different pile.

Reactions: tbgtbg

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mind him, he has proven to be rather, dim-witted.

On side note, most interesting of promos, and I wonder about broken ps3s?

Reactions: the_randomizer

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo needs to study online play more before making online type systems

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would something like this even work? Would they take PS3's with YLOD?

Edit: Never mind

Even if they didn't, those are usually pretty simple to fix, at least for long enough to sell it, just by reflowing the solder.

That is why I never would buy a used PS3 or Xbox 360 unless it was being sold "for parts", because there is no guarantee that someone did not crack the solder and reflow it. Some people even do incredibly shoddy jobs by blowing a hairgun into the case or wrapping it in a towel.

At least if I fix it, I know I did it the best way possible without reballing the processors.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the PS3 still a better media player than Xbone or PS4? Yeah, I don't think I'd trade mine in for a measly $100 off of a system that's already at least $100 overpriced.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they will take broken systems, most likely they are just going to resell them on ebay and a make an easy $50+ profit off the whole ideal

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Isn't the PS3 still a better media player than Xbone or PS4? Yeah, I don't think I'd trade mine in for a measly $100 off of a system that's already at least $100 overpriced.

Yeah I've got both and I have to say that PS3 is the better media player but that's not really saying much when even a cheap TDT media box can outdo both of them, and heck, it even plays MKV files which neither do.

I doubt they will take broken systems, most likely they are just going to resell them on ebay and a make an easy $50+ profit off the whole ideal

No but they could and then resell them as "Refurnished PlayStation 3 console" without even mentioning it had YLOD before and with a guarantee of 7 days or 1 months before it ends.

I'm surprised Microsoft isn't taking broken PS3s because that'd be profitable.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
it does cause nintendo has the most PIECE OF SHIT online service EVER!!

And?

The games I play generally aren't multiplayer, the only one that was online was the demo "Battle of Z" on Xbox 360 and that ended quickly because I disliked the gameplay.

It doesn't bother me but I'd like to see Mario 3D World with online play 'cause that'd turn even harder than Ninja Gaiden, I guess some would just rage quit.

DJPlace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And?

The games I play generally aren't multiplayer, the only one that was online was the demo "Battle of Z" on Xbox 360 and that ended quickly because I disliked the gameplay.

It doesn't bother me but I'd like to see Mario 3D World with online play 'cause that'd turn even harder than Ninja Gaiden, I guess some would just rage quit.

they should of made DKC:TF online!! nuff said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, what are some 10/10 games?