C Dale

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I was looking into upgrading firmware on my emunand and was going to use ChoiDujour. However today I plugged my switch into my PC with tinfoil open and noticed my PC picked it up like it would any old sd card. I noticed there was a "Firmware" folder in there with my existing firmware (9.0.1), so looking into it I found this: https://blawar.github.io/tinfoil/mtp/#firmware

The firmware section says:

Firmware
Lists a single NSP file that represents your currently installed firmware. Copying this file allows you to backup your firmware.
Copying a firmware NSP file to this directory immediately installs that firmware.

Is this really as simple as it say's? So if I'm understanding this correctly, all I would do is boot my switch into emunand, launch tinfoil, connect it to my computer, and then copy the latest switch firmware .nsp into that folder, and that's it? Tinfoil will just automatically upgrade the firmware?

What about the files that are already in there. Should I delete the existing .nsp file for the old firmware? Or will Tinfoil automatically do that too?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I was looking into upgrading firmware on my emunand and was going to use ChoiDujour. However today I plugged my switch into my PC with tinfoil open and noticed my PC picked it up like it would any old sd card. I noticed there was a "Firmware" folder in there with my existing firmware (9.0.1), so looking into it I found this: https://blawar.github.io/tinfoil/mtp/#firmware

The firmware section says:

Firmware
Lists a single NSP file that represents your currently installed firmware. Copying this file allows you to backup your firmware.
Copying a firmware NSP file to this directory immediately installs that firmware.

Is this really as simple as it say's? So if I'm understanding this correctly, all I would do is boot my switch into emunand, launch tinfoil, connect it to my computer, and then copy the latest switch firmware .nsp into that folder, and that's it? Tinfoil will just automatically upgrade the firmware?

What about the files that are already in there. Should I delete the existing .nsp file for the old firmware? Or will Tinfoil automatically do that too?
Tinfoil has no such feature.

chrisfand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MTP feature on Tinfoil is super useful. It should automatically delete the firmware update once it installs the new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: