Misc Tips for gyro aiming?

PrinceOfBrains

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as someone who has had their Switch since launch day I feel like I should know this, but honestly outside of Splatoon 2 I've never really used gyro aiming for anything.

My fiancee and I have been playing a lot of House of the Dead Remake, and while it's...fun enough, I feel like the gyro aiming needs some help.

As a veteran of the Wii days, I wanted to ask - are there any little tricks for making the aiming more accurate outside of the options in the game itself? Like is there a certain way I need to hold the Joycon, or should the system be placed in a certain way relative to where I'm sitting or something? I just feel like there's something I'm missing to make the gyro aiming more accurate and responsive, because so far it's been more frustrating than anything.

Thanks!

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just deleted House of the Dead after a couple of hours...the aim sucks and when I google it I saw many reviewers saying the same... they really f*** up with that gyro aim and I refuse to play that game using analog sticks.

PrinceOfBrains

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just deleted House of the Dead after a couple of hours...the aim sucks and when I google it I saw many reviewers saying the same... they really f*** up with that gyro aim and I refuse to play that game using analog sticks.

As disappointing as that is, I guess it's sorta nice to know that I can't really do anything about it. I was SO sure that I just needed to find the right way to hold it, or have the Switch dock in a different spot on my entertainment center or something, but if it's just...made like that, then I guess I'll deal with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok