Tired of your bullshit, utorrent

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Whenever you are about to download/install an update, you should ask yourself: is there anything in this update that I want or need, such as a security fix or an interesting new feature? If not, don't update.

Also, you should probably use Deluge, as someone else already mentioned. It is open source, lightweight, there are no ads and it is whitelisted on all respectable trackers. http://deluge-torrent.org/

Reactions: Satangel

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've use uTorrent (currently on 3.3.1, it hasn't asked me to update yet...). I have the featured side bar thing disabled and found how to disable the small adbar on top. Haven't had any issues since.

Though the only complaint I do have is uTorrent sometimes takes to long to close. It hangs the shutdown process of my computer sometimes where it shows the force shutdown dialog for a few seconds before finally shutting down. It's annoying...Anyone else had this problem and/or know a way of getting uTorrent to close faster?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've use uTorrent (currently on 3.3.1, it hasn't asked me to update yet...). I have the featured side bar thing disabled and found how to disable the small adbar on top. Haven't had any issues since.

Though the only complaint I do have is uTorrent sometimes takes to long to close. It hangs the shutdown process of my computer sometimes where it shows the force shutdown dialog for a few seconds before finally shutting down. It's annoying...Anyone else had this problem and/or know a way of getting uTorrent to close faster?
Same thing happens to me. I usually exit uTorrent then shutdown my computer because it seems quicker that way. Maybe if I didn't have 48 torrents at the moment...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I probably have like 20+ old torrents listed inside uTorrent. I could remove their entries, but it's certainly easier to sift through them from uTorrent then look for something I downloaded long time ago by going to the downloads folder as I got more stuff in there then was I downloaded with just uTorrent. I have a few large torrents that are stored on a different drive due to limited freespace (at the time I had downloaded them anyways), so I would end up forgetting where they were (or entirely forget I even had them) if I didn't see them listed in uTorrent anymore. :P

I may just end up not having uTorrent start with windows anymore. On average I only actively torrent something maybe once or twice a week.

My DSL is too ***ty for me to seed anything long term. If I allowed uTorrent to upload using all my upload bandwidth, it would cripple download speeds for everyone in the house including me. God I ***king hate DSL. Wish my parent didn't mess up and let the bill get too high on the fiber internet we used to have. That kicked so much *** when we had it. :(

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Transmission. Best. Client. Ever.

On the other hand, I don't use torrents that much due to not needing to download Linux distros anymore.

Reactions: Mario92

lemonkeyface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ima second the others that said it: stick to uTorrent but customize the settings to remove ads and optimize speed for your bandwidth OR recommend you Deluge: http://deluge-torrent.org/. however, much like any other client, you need to optimize.

Ryo_kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I'm using an earlier version (I forgot the exact version but it's 2.xx)
Is there any particular drawback?

lemonkeyface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm using an earlier version (I forgot the exact version but it's 2.xx)
Is there any particular drawback?

a few security breaches which are mostly DHT-related and of course there's a few engine parts missing from the future releases. some trackers may refuse you and thus inhibit download speeds, but they're very limited and generally only on the more popular torrents, in which case other allowing trackers would provide enough for adequate download speed.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can literally turn all these ads off. All of them.

Set the following to False in Advanced Settings:
  • offers.left_rail_offer_enabled
  • offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled
  • offers.content_offer_autoexec
  • gui.show_plus_upsell
  • gui.show_notorrents_node
  • bt.enable_pulse
Then press F8 to hide Feature Content and you're done.

I remember using Azureus. Then I found uTorrent and never turned back.

I did this and I'm experiencing amazing download speeds of up to 3mb which is more than I'd ever imagined (used to sit at 500kB/s even when the limiter isn't on). Thank god those ads are gone. It kept showing ads if I like Asian or Russian girls :blink:

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this and I'm experiencing amazing download speeds of up to 3mb which is more than I'd ever imagined (used to sit at 500kB/s even when the limiter isn't on). Thank god those ads are gone. It kept showing ads if I like Asian or Russian girls :blink:
Are you saying you don't like Asian or Russian girls? Racist.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you saying you don't like Asian or Russian girls? Racist.

:rofl: I was expecting

original

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You can literally turn all these ads off. All of them.

Set the following to False in Advanced Settings:
  • offers.left_rail_offer_enabled
  • offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled
  • offers.content_offer_autoexec
  • gui.show_plus_upsell
  • gui.show_notorrents_node
  • bt.enable_pulse
Then press F8 to hide Feature Content and you're done.

I remember using Azureus. Then I found uTorrent and never turned back.

Thanks for this, I was getting tired of this adware shit too. :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I just want to say:

Thank you from the Linux community for seeding our OS's.

but i dont get it why use uTorrent if you in the Linux world? Transmission is the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER