Goombah111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems to me you never had a ps3
i hack ps3's all the time. use E3 Flasher, it is a godsend!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Goombah111

It was a possitive touch from the no group.

You actually did something on your own that leanred you stuff, you hardmodded your console!
So thanks to all those no people you have an almost future brickproof 3DS because you hardmodded it, cause you coudn't wait.

So i would say to you
Bring out a BIG "Thank You" to all those people who motivated you (All the naysayers like you put it) to hardmod your console, so you are safe for the future bricks you may or may not come across!!

Thanks to yourself for doing the hardmod yourself, you should not be pissed, you should be gratefull for everything!!!

Just my thinking :P
lol thats a very postitive way to look at it.

Reactions: DjoeN

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i hack ps3's all the time. use E3 Flasher, it is a godsend!
I was actually planning on flashing mine, now that ps4 is out. But I feel like the 100+ games I've actually bought in its lifespan would be money wasted.

What the hell? I'll do it anyway.

Reactions: Goombah111

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your moral of the story is wrong. There was no new hack, it's the same one just using a new approach that happens to be working, while gspwn won't be patched this particular kernel vuln will. And when a kernel exploit gets patched on the 3DS scene it's very rare to get a new one, most talented devs are either against piracy or members of private teams that don't release for the public. You asked about what we knew at that point, and at that point only a hardmod was possible, sorry for not being able to predict the future to give a perfect answer to you, master of the universe, sorry for pissing you off. Come on now.

Goombah111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your moral of the story is wrong. There was no new hack, it's the same one just using a new approach that happens to be working, while gspwn won't be patched this particular kernel vuln will. .

so how likely was a new hack? (sorry, "new approach").

if there was no real breakthrough then why was everyone doubting a 10.4-10.7 downgrade?

the more i hear "youre wrong" the more im thinking "im right". not to be a dick, but it seems like a new downgrade was imminent according to you and others.

seems like it was almost guaranteed to come out sooner or later but people still thought it might never happen. bad advice is all im saying.

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or he"s incredibly stupid and did no research....
what research could i have done?

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if there was no real breakthrough then why was everyone doubting a 10.4-10.7 downgrade?

the more i hear "youre wrong" the more im thinking "im right". not to be a dick, but it seems like a new downgrade was imminent according to you and others.

seems like it was almost guaranteed to come out sooner or later but people still thought it might never happen. bad advice is all im saying.
I wish this could apply to Wii U Scene.. so many trash talkers there.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Let me answer all you're current and future concerns for the accuracy of advise from gbatemp members here and now. We are are proficient in programming and modding. There are only a handful of people that are actually skilled in security cracking. These people are named. (Smea, y8, etc.). When an exploit is patched, and someone asks the likelihood of another, we use our experience and our knowledge of current exploits to make an educated guess as to how long it will take for "hackers" to overcome that new security. These people work in private, so we don't know what all they have. You were given the best possible advise at the time. But unless you get an answer from someone who is active in 3ds hacking (as we are only programmers, scriptkiddies, enthusiasts, etc.) there is room for change. We can't predict the future, but we can fairly accurately guess. You were told it would be a while. It came sooner, and now you have the ultimate brick failsafe. What's the big fucking deal?

Last edited by WeedZ,

Goombah111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me answer all you're current and future concerns for the accuracy of advise from gbatemp members here and now. We are are proficient in programming and modding. There are only a handful of people that are actually skilled in security cracking. These people are named. (Smea, y8, etc.). When an exploit is patched, and someone asks the likelihood of another, we use our experience and our knowledge of current exploits to make an educated guess as to how long it will take for "hackers" to overcome that new security. These people work in private, so we don't know what all they have. You were given the best possible advise at the time. But unless you get an answer from someone who is active in 3ds hacking (as we are only programmers, scriptkiddies, enthusiasts, etc.) there is room for change. We can't predict the future, but we can fairly accurately guess. You were told it would be a while. It came sooner, and now you have the ultimate brick failsafe. What's the big fucking deal?

i was told it would be years.

again...like you said, there was no new exploit.

like i said, the people who said "probably" were giving better advice.

if all it needed was a new update and not a new exploit, then why would "a long time" (years) be an accurate guess?

if its so easy compared to a new exploit, then why so much doubt?

and thanks for the rest of the information you provided me

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the OP. There is really no way to predict if an exploit will be released so anyone saying 'never' should probably change their attitude.

Goombah111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow nice meme
yeah whats up with that...

I agree with the OP. There is really no way to predict if an exploit will be released so anyone saying 'never' should probably change their attitude.
some said never yes. many said years/never. some said "a long time". but idk why none said "probably soon since all it needs is a new payload"

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No one was doubting it, for weeks all this was possible, then 10.7 came out and still works...weeks!

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah whats up with that...

some said never yes. many said years/never. some said "a long time". but idk why none said "probably soon since all it needs is a new payload"

A long time, never, years ... you can put them all in the same basket.

Reactions: Goombah111

Goombah111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one was doubting it, for weeks all this was possible, then 10.7 came out and still works...weeks!
"no one was doubting it" tell that to all the people doubting it...i heavily researched before deciding to hard mod. all signs pointed to at least 6 months optimistically with faith in god. realistically sounded like never or years.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was told it would be years.

again...like you said, there was no new exploit.

like i said, the people who said "probably" were giving better advice.

if all it needed was a new update and not a new exploit, then why would "a long time" (years) be an accurate guess?

if its so easy compared to a new exploit, then why so much doubt?

and thanks for the rest of the information you provided me
This thread should be EOFed or plain removed. Ok let's flip it a bit. You keep going back to the people that said "probably" as the ones who gave better advice and the people that said there wouldn't be gave the bad advice right? Now what happens if there was never an exploit and you couldn't downgrade EVER? Are you gonna blame the people who said "probably" as the incorrect, stupid people and the people who said it's never gonna happen as the true master race? None of us knew if there was gonna be a new exploit and/or a way to downgrade. There were two conflicting sides. One side believed one thing and another believed the other side. No need to keep pressing on about the side that believed there would be no exploit as the "wrongdoers". We all have opinions and beliefs about how something's gonna go down. You can't get mad at someone's opinion when you and they both don't know the true answer, they're just giving you their best interpretation. And you make it sound like everyone was granted the knowledge of what would allow us to downgrade again. If we knew that it'd be a simple payload change or something of that sort, no one would tell you that'd it'd take a year+, but like I said, we just told you what we thought.

And here's a question: let's say Nintendo patches every seemingly possible way of downgrading that we know of and then Little Johnny comes along and asks "Will there be a new way to downgrade"? What would you say?
A. Yes. All we have to do is change a payload.
B. We don't know. It could take weeks, to months, to possibly a year.

You'd go with "B" because you don't know the correct answer and many others don't either, but you're trying to help and that's what the majority of people did. Sure they were wrong, but they're human and none of us are fortune tellers.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3