To Many Games Nowadays???

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or are there to many games nowadays to be committed to just one? I mean every time you turn around a new game is being released or hyped.. I remember back in the day you had to wait a little while before another game was released..Just seems to get overwhelming at times..I would like to hear what people have to say on this topic...

Thanks
Ikonz101

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Too many games huh?.....THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TO MANEH GAMES!!!! RRAAAAAAHH!!!!!

....I think I made my point clear
happy.gif

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well half of them are crap so just concentrate on the ones you enjoy. I usually spend about 10 minutes on every new game and if I'm not interested by then I delete it.

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many games huh?.....THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TO MANEH GAMES!!!! RRAAAAAAHH!!!!!

....I think I made my point clearÂ
happy.gif

I guess if you have the time then that isn't a bother..I was speaking mostly that they are just bombarding use with games and like moozxy said most are crap or the same game with a different name..Mostly FPS..Need to bring back the good old 2D games..

Ikonz101

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that gaming today is overwhelming, not because there's more games, but because back in the day I had a lot more free time. Now that I have a job and often work 50-60 hrs per week, that leaves very little time for games.

As long as they're good, though, I'll make time for them. Sleep be damned.

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree that gaming today is overwhelming, not because there's more games, but because back in the day I had a lot more free time. Now that I have a job and often work 50-60 hrs per week, that leaves very little time for games.

As long as they're good, though, I'll make time for them. Sleep be damned.

I agree I get up at 430 get to work at 8ish, *long commute* work till 5, school till 10 and then team fortress till 2am. That's my monday!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There's no such thing as too many games. That's like saying someone can be TOO rich. Or that someone is having TOO MUCH sex. It's never too much.
laugh.gif
The problem really is that as you get older you get busier, so there's just not as much time for gaming. But that's not the fault of the games, that's just the nature of life.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know you don't HAVE to play everything that comes out, just put them to one side and play them when theres a game shortage, which there always seem to be for a few months.

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I do is I load up my card with a ton of games, pick one that looks good and play it until I get to a part that has me stumped/frustrated. Then I just switch to a new game for a while. I repeat that for a few games then I eventually get around to playing the first and find that what I was stuck on wasn't really that bad. Then I play it until I get stuck/tired again.

That tends to keep me interested and keep the games fresh. Many of my games are mini-games or games that I can pick up and play during my lunch at work (Phoenix Wright, for example)

I mainly have a hard time dealing with the games that are trying to tell some epic tale (most RPGs), have too many little stats to manage (RPGs, monster collection games), games that have a horrible save system (Resident Evil DS, Mega Man ZX, etc) or games that require you to play everyday (Animal Crossing)

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
All the games don't have to be played at the same time, IMO it's a good thing especially during periods when you've finished all your current games and there's a drought of new releases.

AlexElder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its called the Christmas holiday season. Companies load up on game releases from Sept - Dec. During the rest of the year there is usually one or two major releases a month.

There is a usually a HUGE game release somewhere in Sept which could be why a lot of people do so badly in school at the start of the year.
smile.gif

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about the Christmas Season rush to get games out..Bestselling time of the year for video games.. I am talking about games in general..How one game comes out then there is another you want to play but then you want to finish the other game..then another comes out..you get overwhelmed...just like they do with any industry...they suck it dry until there is nothing left that is new..just like in the movie industry.. Just rushing video games out to make back there millions they spent to make the game..

Ikonz101

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there are definitely too many games. The only problem is, there aren't enough GOOD games, anything that's worth taking out of a bargain bin to play enjoyably for more than three days. If only the industry would shape up and take player opinions or something instead of focusing on movie licensed games or that type of stuff.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally agree. There are more games than 10 years ago. I mean, gaming now is a lot more popular, not only in USA, but in the whole world.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well look at how many consoles there are now... heck, I can't even begin to count the number of first/second/third party developers out there!

Ikonz101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well look at how many consoles there are now... heck, I can't even begin to count the number of first/second/third party developers out there!

This is absolutely true... Every time you turn on the TV a new game is being whored out to the public...But then again Generation Gimme wouldn't understand any of this because they were born into it..Part of the problem is that gamers nowadays demand so much from video games..God forbid they play something that doesn't have superior graphics or online play
biggrin.gif

Ikonz101

Remember when "online" meant for someone to come over and play a game
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol. +1