Status
Not open for further replies.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys seem very into the themes, and producing quality products as well as breaking new ground with visuals.

I think if you saw it something worth doing....you should create an alternative to the HBC, and make it themeable as well.

I think people having a choice about which channel to load their homebrew would be nice.

And yes, I know we could just take Wii Homebrew Launcher and inject it into a channel or something....

...not the point...

I think a softmii homebrew channel built (or at least pieced together) from the ground up by you guys could be a nice project.

just a thought. I have nothing against the hbc, but they have stated, at this point it basically is what it is, and is done expanding.

quantocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SoftMii isn't software, it's a PDF tutorial built on others hard work. Plus they are no longer posting here, as they keep begging for money/donations for their 'software' that isn't theirs to begin with.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was specifically talking about their theming...they very obviously DO know about wii visuals and design, as well as the app architechture.

trying to get donations to cover a site that makes it extremely easy to mod your wii at no cost to the user, and is very easy to find via word-of-mouth (even if it is typing) would be fine if that was all it was, then add the themes, theme-maker, the forums for assistance, the new contest...they're hardly being dastardly in any way shape or form.

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quantocks said:
SoftMii isn't software, it's a PDF tutorial built on others hard work. Plus they are no longer posting here, as they keep begging for money/donations for their 'software' that isn't theirs to begin with.

softmii has some of their own software, and they make themes.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
quantocks said:
can you just get over it dude , WoW man did they stick it in you or something , cause it gets annoying every SoftMii pops up , your @ss pops with the nagging , it is what is a software or a PDF or a stick up your @ss , they are happy with it a thousands of users are happy with it , you are not happy that's good you don't have to , but stop bugging the crap out of us with your nags . thanks
(PS: and I like it , it's nice stuff , and I love customizing , bite me)

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quantocks said:
THANK YOU! I agree 100%!

quantocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to all the people saying I nag that they're basically 'selling' a product that isn't theirs, are you the same people that criticize the Wiiunlocker/Homebreware sites ?

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly people, this is not a thread to rant about SoftMii... A user is asking a question here for gods sake, and you all ignore it to express your opinions about SoftMii...
Anyways OP, I have never tried it, but perhaps you can take a look at the homebrew launcher? Anyways, if you truly want this answered, try posting it over at softmii.org.
smile.gif

EDIT - Sorry about the homebrew launcher, I had forgotten that you mentioned it... Again, my apologies.

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
quantocks said:
to all the people saying I nag that they're basically 'selling' a product that isn't theirs, are you the same people that criticize the Wiiunlocker/Homebreware sites ?

They aren't selling ANYTHING at all! All they are doing is frequently asking for donations for their work, which is perfectly acceptable... And don't say that they haven't done anything, for they have made theming your Wii as easy as pressing a button. Now, can we PLEASE get on topic and try to help the OP?

EDIT - Darnit, double post, and I cant Copy/Paste on this Wii... Would anyone with the powers merge these posts?

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^why don't you post in THEIR forums, not here. And btw, I don't see why you would want an alternative to the homebrew channel, since it's pretty much perfect already and it took about 8 months to get that way.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll inquire about something if I want to, and I'll post wherever I wanna post, puny newbies.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH........ ;-D

seriously though, its turned into a bitchfest around here....do I have to teabag your drumset?

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
I'll inquire about something if I want to, and I'll post wherever I wanna post, puny newbies.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH........ ;-D

seriously though, its turned into a bitchfest around here....do I have to teabag your drumset?

Hahahahaha.... "teabag your drumset?" ..... might as well throw in a rusty trombone for good measure.

But seriously..... the softmii editing crew is getting along just fine in our little old corner of IRC. Everygody cooperating and putting their heads together (no, not that way) and figureing out new stuff every day. Seems like if anybody goes away for 4 hours they come back to a suprise.

And btw, noobwarrior, keep posting wherever you feel like. You've always been nothing but good to the scene.
Now i gotta get back to taking other peoples work and making a pdf guide for it.

And oh yea, we are pleased to announce that HaniKazmi and Hossman have joined the softmii editing team. Two extremely talented guys who have already produced fine work. Things can only get better with their addition and we're happy to have them onboard.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jesus,whats with the people here,first of all WHY THE FUCK is this in the HACKING chan,this should be in EOF!

2nd STOP FRIGGIN BASH SOFTMII!!
They've done great work and i kow they did as i've beta'd ALOT of their work!
(and i am in the softmii Help and Support team:P)

Anyways

Mods close/move please!

further no offence

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i c only a few people making theme's so y bust balls dude seriosly rome wasnt built in a day

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
hey jizmo whats up with a bleach theme man

any way noobs got a hell of an idea

I tried to do a bleach theme, but i kept getting corrupt results. But my whites are whiter than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy