Tomb Raider reboot trilogy free on Epic Games Store for limited time

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 16.22.16.png

Epic Games are ending their Holiday daily games give-away by offering all three titles of the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy for free.

This includes:
The editions on offer include all available DLC and expansions for each game and are available to add to your Epic Games account now until January 6th 2022.

You can take advantage of this offer by clicking the individual links above or by finding the games in the Epic Games Store.

:arrow: Source

Montek

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, but is it worth supporting the awful, customer-hostile practice of buying exclusivity? Is it worth supporting a company partially owned by Tencent, itself owned by the Chinese Communist Party? Is it worth supporting such a barebones launcher and storefront?

I say, no.
you are right, and I am sure there are more reasons to avoid this "store".

I don't know what are the PC specs of those who claim egs free games to play them, but i'd guess those are pretty low for the majority (not like I would buy those tomb raider games anyway, not buying anything from square enix anymore since the shitty ff7 remake port - piracy wins here)

Reactions: RichardTheKing

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yeah, but is it worth supporting the awful, customer-hostile practice of buying exclusivity? Is it worth supporting a company partially owned by Tencent, itself owned by the Chinese Communist Party? Is it worth supporting such a barebones launcher and storefront?

I say, no.
Blame the publishers/developers for accepting such exclusivity deals. Corporations are not your friends, neither Epic Games, nor Valve, nor any other company. They want your money, you're piece of garbage to them.

If it comes as whom to support, I'd rather support a Chinese company than a US one. Seriously, fuck the US. Nuke them, wipe them off the earth. Then we finally may regain some peace on this planet.

Reactions: phonemonkey

paulie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one is remake/reboot for the franchise, has the standard TR platforming with cover shooting elements, some puzzle-solving and QTE moments, encouraging exploration and stealth, and it also received a nice bump in story-telling. The other sequels followed suit, trying different environments/locations.. Etc

Totally different genres and core philosophies. There are almost no puzzles, the game auto-grabs for you if you fall off a ledge, Lara has a bunch of friends and and all you really do is run around shooting people.
Thanks both, have some doubts whether I will like the games, but made an Epic account and added them for free nonetheless.
I havent played PC games in over 10 years besides emulation, so let's see if I get to trying this out (with a controller obviously, nowadays I hate keyboard and mouse for gaming...)

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both, have some doubts whether I will like the games, but made an Epic account and added them for free nonetheless.
I havent played PC games in over 10 years besides emulation, so let's see if I get to trying this out (with a controller obviously, nowadays I hate keyboard and mouse for gaming...)
I would recommend TR:Legend & Anniversary if you haven't play them. Both are really good, specially Legend.

Reactions: paulie

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend TR:Legend & Anniversary if you haven't play them. Both are really good, specially Legend.
I agree but I think Underworld is fairly underrated. It had some problems but was still a big step back toward the classic TR formula. Shame we never got to see where it might have led before the series was rebooted into a third-person shooter.

Reactions: paulie and CoolMe

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree but I think Underworld is fairly underrated. It had some problems but was still a big step back toward the classic TR formula. Shame we never got to see where it might have led before the series was rebooted into a third-person shooter.
I still need to finish that one. It was confusing in many spots, with no clear objective of what i had to do.. Still, it's not utter trash or anything.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Passed since I already have too many games on my backlog. Plus I have never really played the tomb raider series anyway.
I honestly don't understand this statement. :blink:

Why aren't you getting them anyway and keep them on your backlog until you manage to play them at some point? :huh:

Since you never played Tomb Raider before, I believe this is your opportunity to try these games, considering that they are currently free (3 great games). :teach:

Besides, we don't know if this will happen again in the future. But it's your call. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1