Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, great app but a few questions:

1.) Is there a way to convert mp3's or any music file really to a HD Rumble file?
2.) Is there documentation on the debug commands? I really wana change my home button led collor just to see it differently
3.) Is there a way to add the ability to WRITE to nfc tags?

Sorry if any of these questions have been asked and answered before.

Cheers
-R
I don't think the home button LED can be changed, it looks slightly blue even if it's off.

TheWolfBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Need special custom Joy-Con colors? Why not take a look at these "SMASHING" color value recommendations? I'll share more custom Joy-Con Toolkit colors in my own thread in the future.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Smash Wii U P1 Red: #F52E2E
Smash Wii U P2 Blue: #5463FF
Smash Wii U P3 Yellow: #FFC717
Smash Wii U P4 Green: #1F9E40
Smash Wii U P5 Orange: #FF6619
Smash Wii U P6 Cyan: #24D4C4
Smash Wii U P7 Purple: #D41CE5
Smash Wii U P8 Slate: #4A4559
Smash Wii U CPU Gray: #616161
Smash Wii U E3 2014 P2 Blue: #5409FF

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Smash 3DS P1 Red: #FF2021
Smash 3DS P2 Blue: #214DFF
Smash 3DS P3 Yellow: #DE8A00
Smash 3DS P4 Green: #089200
Smash 3DS CPU Gray: #848684

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Brawl P1 Red: #FF0000
Brawl P2 Blue: #4753FF
Brawl P3 Yellow: #FFBB0F
Brawl P4 Green: #249F3F
Brawl CPU Gray: #909090

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Melee P1 Red: #F15959
Melee P2 Blue: #6565FE
Melee P3 Yellow: #FEBE3F
Melee P4 Green: #4CE44C
Melee CPU Gray: #7F7F7F

Super Smash Bros.
Smash 64 P1 Red: #ED3636
Smash 64 P2 Blue: #4E4EE9
Smash 64 P3 Yellow: #FDDF1A
Smash 64 P4 Green: #4EB94E
Smash 64 CPU Gray: #ACACAC

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I was asking @TheWolfBunny if he can make color customization options based on the colors of the NES and Famicom controllers for the JCs and Pro. Not the NES and Famicom controllers themselves.

BTW, question. Has anyone been banned for changing controller colors via the Joy-Con Tool-Kit?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my gray Joy-Cons to Neon Red & Blue a while ago, and I just changed my Pro Controller's grips to Neon Red & Blue today. I'm playing Luigi's Balloon World right now, so looks like you won't be banned.

TheWolfBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I changed my gray Joy-Cons to Neon Red & Blue a while ago, and I just changed my Pro Controller's grips to Neon Red & Blue today. I'm playing Luigi's Balloon World right now, so looks like you won't be banned.

Would you like to check out the colors I have in my Joy-Con Toolkit Color Recommendations?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/joy-con-toolkit-color-recommendations.501577/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, I was asking @TheWolfBunny if he can make color customization options based on the colors of the NES and Famicom controllers for the JCs and Pro. Not the NES and Famicom controllers themselves.

BTW, question. Has anyone been banned for changing controller colors via the Joy-Con Tool-Kit?

Unfortunately, I can't. If colors aren't flat, I can't scan them. But I have a boatload of colors right here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/joy-con-toolkit-color-recommendations.501577/

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw those, but I just like the Neon Red/Blue combo. I'd have gotten the Red/Blue Joy-Cons with my Switch if they weren't sold out.
I think the Red/Blue Pro Controller actually looks pretty neat though, and it would be neat if Nintendo actually released a version of it.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

you can't get banned it's fine, if you could then if anyone used new joycons on old firmware they would get banned for a colour the switch saw as incorrect, I've used a custom colour for ages now and I can play online all I want.

Reactions: CTCaer

JoFelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can't get banned it's fine, if you could then if anyone used new joycons on old firmware they would get banned for a colour the switch saw as incorrect, I've used a custom colour for ages now and I can play online all I want.
Banning is done by Nintendo's servers, not the Switch itself. Nintendo COULD demand every Switch to send its current controller colors to the server it's trying to connect to, and they COULD blacklist you if these colors don't match any current retail colors, but so far they apparently don't.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Banning is done by Nintendo's servers, not the Switch itself. Nintendo COULD demand every Switch to send its current controller colors to the server it's trying to connect to, and they COULD blacklist you if these colors don't match any current retail colors, but so far they apparently don't.
also what would be the point since having different joy con colours doesn't effect Nintendos security or other peoples experience like other hacks.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran