CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh, and i also triggered the easter eggs that play mario musics with hd rumble, but believe it doesn't writes anything to the joycon's memory...
But i noticed there are a few bytes that are different between the spi I backed up before I changed the color and the one I backed up after I changed it back to its original color (they are all between adress 2002 and adress 203F in the spi files), is it normal ?

And are there other thing i could have done but not remembered with joy-con toolkit that could be problematic or not ?
These are the pairing info created by the joy-con itself. No problem there.

The most important things for nintendo is actually the serial number and the color. They only look at these on their system.
Anyway, you can just do the full restore from your original backup.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can i restore it if i updated the joycon since the day i made the backup ?
Yes.
You can't touch these areas (firmware data) in SPI by normal means (especially in windows).
Otherwise Joy-Con toolkit would have a firmware upgrader.

Also the upgrades never touch your factory data (where color, serial, type, parameters, etc are) and your calibration data.
The full restore, restores just these 2 areas only (the only areas that you can edit through Joy-Con Toolkit).

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, and i also triggered the easter eggs that play mario musics with hd rumble, but believe it doesn't writes anything to the joycon's memory...
But i noticed there are a few bytes that are different between the spi I backed up before I changed the color and the one I backed up after I changed it back to its original color (they are all between adress 2002 and adress 203F in the spi files), is it normal ?

And are there other thing i could have done but not remembered with joy-con toolkit that could be problematic or not ?
I'd say to be safe do a factory reset on the joy-con in the program, you did back up the SPI before changing it right? If you can do that and the shell is the same as the colour they'll not have any indication that it's ever been modified.
(edit: I once turned in my joy-con to be repaired and it had been used in the program so I don't think they really check further than the colour and the real joy-con for modifications anyway)

Last edited by Hario337,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool tool.
Few question:
1) is it possible to change color for individual buttons? Say if you have NES colored buttons, where each buttons are different?
2) Just found out the Joycon button lights up. What determine it lights up?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) is it possible to change color for individual buttons? Say if you have NES colored buttons, where each buttons are different?
Currently, no. The Switch does not support having individually colored buttons. It might get added in the future though, like how now Pro Controllers can show different colors on each side.

I'm not sure about the home button light though.

Heartwither

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having the same problem @Rainbow is (was?) having. My left joy-cons connect and work great with the software (super, super cool software, by the way—thanks so much for making it!). My right ones... not so much. They're definitely connected properly: The lights flash, I went into game controller settings and confirmed it's not a drivers problem, the program opens fine. But I can't Backup SPI, refresh, or Write Colors without getting a "The device was disconnected!" error. The device is definitely not disconnected. I've tried disconnecting all previous joy-cons from the laptop, turning Bluetooth off and on again through Device Manager, rebooting the laptop, reinstalling the software. I've tried every old version of the software. No dice. I've been at it a good two hours and I'm at a total loss.

Would love any advice if anyone else has had this problem. Having only my left joy-con match its paint job in the HUD is driving me a little mad, haha.

Heartwither

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My man. I'd downloaded the 5.2.0 version and somehow missed this in the patch notes. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Works beautifully.

Reactions: CTCaer

WallyWonka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first i wanted to let you know that i was having a problem with running the app, then i followed the prerequisites and now it is working. Now i just want to say:

CONGRATULATIONS ON SUCH AN AMAZING JOB!!

I understand you're still working pretty hard and we hope to see cool improvements on the near future. Please don't lose momentum, you're doing great :D

Reactions: CTCaer

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Nintendo doesn't have individually colored buttons like the white shells I bought came with I assume this can't change them like that. My question is will the even be looked into after we get a full cfw release?

Attachments

• 15260600329194628752855999715675.jpg
    15260600329194628752855999715675.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 266

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As Nintendo doesn't have individually colored buttons like the white shells I bought came with I assume this can't change them like that. My question is will the even be looked into after we get a full cfw release?
IDK what a cfw is so I can't help you there but I can tell you that it's unlikely that we will get individual coloured buttons unless nintendo releases one and makes it show up properly, like how it was with the pro con grips for a while before it was released.

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK what a cfw is so I can't help you there but I can tell you that it's unlikely that we will get individual coloured buttons unless nintendo releases one and makes it show up properly, like how it was with the pro con grips for a while before it was released.
Custom Firmware. Also I somehow missed someone asking this almost right above me... Sorry. Thanks for the reply though.

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Custom Firmware. Also I somehow missed someone asking this almost right above me... Sorry. Thanks for the reply though.
Ah I see, it'll probably be looked into I'd guess but unless Nintendo implements it into the switch's code it'll probably not happening. (unless you mean custom switch firmware, cause then you could do anything)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
About the CFW:
If the future CFWs add support for 4 buttons colors (it can be done in Atmosphere @Hario337 ), I will add support.
There's plenty free space after where the grip colors are written in SPI to accomodate the button colors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol