Hacking Trails/Kiseki modding

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Is anyone actually able to get a true 60 fps? When I applied this I seem to hang around 57-58 fps.

I get some big frame drops when using some S Crafts too. Around 40-45 fps. Tried a combination of changing resolutions, and with or without borderless gaming.

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know of a way to patch the ao executable and make it run borderless?

Just throw in special k. Even better get this preconfigured version: https://github.com/NautilusXV/AoNoKisekiPC/releases , extract my.mods to your Documents folder, the AnKPCTextureModv2.7.rar to your game directory.

Then use Special K's config menu (hit ctrl+shift+backspace) or edit the d3d9.ini and change the below to these values:

[Window.System]
Borderless=true
Fullscreen=true

R0ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Borderless gaming?

lol i meant the exe itself somehow, but

Just throw in special k. Even better get this preconfigured version: [GitHub link that I cant post bc my account is too new lol] , extract my.mods to your Documents folder, the AnKPCTextureModv2.7.rar to your game directory.

Then use Special K's config menu (hit ctrl+shift+backspace) or edit the d3d9.ini and change the below to these values:

[Window.System]
Borderless=true
Fullscreen=true

is perfect for that, thanks. i already use that mod anyway, didnt know how specialk worked though. ive always disliked borderless gaming, been nothing but janky for me, and im certainly not technologically inept.

geofrontlite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

Kinda new to the modding scene but I want to try some stuff basic stuff out to contribute in some way. Something I'm looking to do is modify text in Ao no Kiseki's PC port. More specifically, text that is located in the executable, not text in the data folder. Anyone know how Guran or Flame did it? Are there any tools in the Kiseki community for making text changes to the exe?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

Kinda new to the modding scene but I want to try some stuff basic stuff out to contribute in some way. Something I'm looking to do is modify text in Ao no Kiseki's PC port. More specifically, text that is located in the executable, not text in the data folder. Anyone know how Guran or Flame did it? Are there any tools in the Kiseki community for making text changes to the exe?
1. Load the executable in Ghidra
2. Go to strings view
3. Find the string you want
4. Go to offset and replace.

Be sure string is null terminated and that it is same or less than the original length. If you want to put longer string, you need to resize section and change pointers.

Reactions: geofrontlite

MaroAntouyi

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sry if i haven found but....can somepne help me?

I am trying to change the font, reduce it or make less spaces between letters in Trails of the cold steel. can anyone help pls?

geofrontlite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the Geofront team happen to post their dll source on GitHub or something? I've been racking my brain on trying to replace that ugly font in Ao for days, but assembly is not my forte. Changing user.ft to any other ttf format font leaves terrible spacing and clipping on the chars.

Edit: I think what they're doing is DLL injection. The DLL they put in the same directory as ED_ZERO.exe must be getting loaded and I assume they're hooking where text gets drawn and doing something there.

Last edited by geofrontlite,

naota344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded the Ao 60 fps and for some reason my game keeps going turbo without me pressing any buttons, not sure whats going on here or if anyone can help. Not exactly sure what I need to do to get this working :(

geofrontlite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a tool found on the modding.tistory website to change some ITP files for Ao. Is there any good editors for modifying the converted BMPs? Photoshop and GIMP seem to screw up the file completely, and when I convert it back to ITP, when the image displays in-game, it looks like a blocky mess.

geofrontlite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to save as 8-bit palette BMP.

Yep, I'm doing that. Still get a blocky result when I run it back through the itpcnv.exe. If, in GIMP, I overwrite the bmp after converting the ITP through itpcnv.exe, it simply displays completely transparent in-game.

Edit: Just tried to use the Visual Studio image editor too. Was transparent in game.

Last edited by geofrontlite,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock