Tutorial  Updated

Transfer Saves from PSP to PS1

The purpose of this tutorial is to convert saves from virtual PSP Saved Data to a physical PS1 Memory Card, using a Windows PC, without PS3 Memory Card Adapter, DexDrive, PicoMemcard, MemCARDuino, or CWCheat.

In order to complete this tutorial, the PS2 needs to be running FMCB to copy the save to the PS1 Memory Card, the PC needs to connect to the PSP Memory Stick Duo, and a USB storage device is used to import the save from the PC to the PS2.

PSP >> PC >> USB >> PS2 >> PS1 Memory Card

0. Download

1. PC, PSP
  • Insert PSP mini USB cable ( or PSP memory card) into PC
  • Locate PS1 save file on PSP memory card, SCEVMC0.VMP or SCEVMC1.VMP (X:\PSP\SAVEDATA\respective game ID)
usb.jpg
psp.png

2. PC, MemcardRex
  • Open .VMP file
  • Export save slot as RAW single save
  • 1.png 2.png 3.png
mcr.png
export.png
raw.png

3. PS2, uLaunchELF
  • Insert USB into PS2
  • Copy RAW save file from USB (mass:/ )
  • Paste RAW save file to PS1 Memory Card (mc0:/ ) (mc1:/ )
copyRAW.png

pasteRAW.png

=======================

@MetoMeto https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-transfer-saves-from-ps1-to-psp.566390/#post-9082452

Attachments

• import.png
    import.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by zfreeman,

j0emang0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of trouble. I did everything as stated and although my save shows up on the memory card, there is no save shown in-game of final fantasy 7. Any advise?

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you able to upload here what you have, or maybe just post a link? I want to reproduce your results.

Try the tutorial again. MemcardRex was updated.

Last edited by zfreeman,

yuyumaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This worked flawlessly with a Crash Bandicoot 2 save that I had on my PSP Go. Only thing I'd like to mention is that MemcardRex would never show me as many file formats when exporting a save as in the image you uploaded in Step 2, only these three appeared:

I had to go to the Edit tab and there the option to extract RAW file appeared. Then I followed the rest of the steps and everything's working perfectly. I was totally amazed when I saw my save in the loading menu, it's just wizardry being able to continue a game that I started on my PSP on the original PS1. Awesome that these tools exist. Also, thank God I'd created a FreeMCboot memcard a couple years ago.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tutorial. I thought I was the only person who would think of doing this instead of going the opposite route (from a PS1 memory card to emulators, which I believe must be a more recurrent practice).

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM