Hacking Transfering from VBA to 3 in 1

science

science rules
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was playing Pokemon FireRed on my 3 in 1 NOR. Whenever I saved, the first time would always give me an error, but the second try would work and save the game.

This was fine until I beat the Elite 4, where it auto-saves once and then reboots the game, causing me to be stuck at my last save (since the auto-save it forces didn't work).

So I backed up my save and completed the game on VisualBoyAdvance for Mac. I now want to transfer the file back to the 3 in 1 and PalPark my Pokemon into Diamond (retail or ROM, doesn't matter, but preferrably retail).

The problem is, when I load the VBA save back to the 3 in 1, I get a message saying the save was deleted.

I am using GBA Backup Tool v0.21 and GBA Exploder v0.58b on a Supercard DSTWO.

I am renaming the VBA save file to the same name as the backuped file, but it still won't work. The original backup does write and work on the 3 in 1, but not the VBA one.

Agamemnon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you just saving it the normal way or as a battery save? EZ flash uses battery saves. Under File > export > battery file should make it work.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It means you got a save size mismatch in VBA and the GBA save size. Change the save size in VBA to match the GBA save size.

(DO NOT COPY the settings in the picture below, your save settings for your game WILL be different depending on the game.)
vba_save_settings.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet +1