ROM Hack [Translation] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Seems like every time I do, there's someone else bringing it up. My actions in this are all irrelevant, it's acting childish in response that causes the real issue and you know it. There is a SERIOUS problem with the 3DS hacking community and the way they act. Sometimes it's because they're young, other times it's because they are immature. Kissing up to them isn't going to solve the problem, it only makes it worse.

If you disagree, fine, but don't justify their actions simply because you want this translation done faster. That is the last I will say on this.
The only one acting childish is you. You're continuing to trash post in a topic when you've been told by the staff to stop. I've followed Romsstar's projects for many years and as a fellow romhacker I enjoy his work. It will be done when it's done, whether that's a year or 5 years from now is of no importance to me. I don't kiss up, I'm simply commending him for the work he's done in the past and the present.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only one acting childish is you. You're continuing to trash post in a topic when you've been told by the staff to stop. I've followed Romsstar's projects for many years and as a fellow romhacker I enjoy his work. It will be done when it's done, whether that's a year or 5 years from now is of no importance to me. I don't kiss up, I'm simply commending him for the work he's done in the past and the present.

You don't "kiss up", but you sure do have a plea for attention in your sig. Gives us actual female coders a bad name, you know. I really doubt you should be calling anyone out ^_~

Anyway, regardless of how it may have been worded, @LunarD3ATH does raise some valid criticism. I'm just keeping an eye on developments and compiling on the side in case said suspicions turn out to be true and the right thing has to be done. And that's not meant in a threatening tone, just one to protect the better interests of the community that I've spent more than half my life in. Few things are more precious to me than the romhacking and coding community.

Last edited by ArtemisM,
Reactions: TankedThomas

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In other news I'd like to report that thanks to combined efforts from friends and team members we're currently at 90% of restoring what was lost.
I estimate another week or so and we should be back to before this whole thing happened...

Positive note: This whole fiasco forced us to rewrite some scripts, which resulted in making them more efficient than ever, thus speeding up our process tremendously.
So once we've restored what was lost, we should be able to make progress much faster than before.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, had someone on the blog ask where I went. I kinda ghosted a bit. I've been doing three jobs, school, and had some medical stuff going on, and just haven't had the time to be part of this. I'd like to again at some point, but for now, it's just not in the cards.

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Hey, had someone on the blog ask where I went. I kinda ghosted a bit. I've been doing three jobs, school, and had some medical stuff going on, and just haven't had the time to be part of this. I'd like to again at some point, but for now, it's just not in the cards.

we'll waiting you, good luck !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like from the comments that the reason he's going slow on Thebes project is that her moving from 2 part time jobs to 1 regular job. But because of the laws in Germany he needs a 3 month notice for his new job so he can't hop in right away, causing him to juggle 3 jobs at once.

Another recent comment relating to the project was this:
Facebook said:
% of Translation for Decode since someone asked:

Main Story: 100%
Subquests: 90%
Subtexts (Card Descriptions, etc.): 80%
Menus: 95%

= I'm optimistic for a Decode release in 2018.

Lost Evolution might be another story since we basically have no translator for that right now...

So life is getting in the way a bit right now, but it shouldn't be to much longer before we can expect to see progress and maybe even the patch come out.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it looks like from the comments that the reason he's going slow on Thebes project is that her moving from 2 part time jobs to 1 regular job. But because of the laws in Germany he needs a 3 month notice for his new job so he can't hop in right away, causing him to juggle 3 jobs at once.

Another recent comment relating to the project was this:

So life is getting in the way a bit right now, but it shouldn't be to much longer before we can expect to see progress and maybe even the patch come out.
3 MONTHS notice in Germany? Holy hell..... Here in USA it's only 2 weeks, and you don't even have to LEGALLY give that. You can walk out same day if you really want, just dont expect them to say nice things when your next job calls them if you do.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, two weeks is more reasonable. That's usually enough time for them to find your replacement. Unless the hiring process in Germany takes a hell of a lot longer....
I wonder why that is...

I know Germany their unions are strong and they have excellent wages but it shouldn't take that long... I guess they are really looking for "the right fit" there!

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure where he got the 3 months from, the law states 4 weeks. Work and union contracts may state other things, though.
If both parties agree you can also ignore the notice entirely and just nullify the contract.

But that doesn't change the fact that he has to juggle with multiple things rights now that are work related.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how is going the trad. im so hyped

Update 14.05.2018:
Hello everyone,

Just some news, so nobody will think we're dead
1f603.png
:D
On the Decode front all I can say is, no issues, still ongoing, smooth sailing, looks kinda really good... A bit slower than before because of 3 jobs, but I'm reducing my workload every week now, so 1-2 more weeks and I'll have far more free time
1f603.png
:D
I'm still confident about a 2018 release.

From https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecoded/

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update:

Update 10.06.2018:
Hello guys,
It's been quite a while since I posted something. And here's why: Some of you may recall, that I had an eye surgery last year, that didn't go so well.
Two weeks ago I went to the doctors to have a second follow up surgery, which was carried out.
Right now my vision is blurry and I have trouble writing this post, but I didn't want to let you in the dark for that long.
I have a rehabiliation period of at least another week, then I can resume working on projects.
Another news is that since I was able to quit one of my part time jobs now, having only 1 part time left till the end of the month, I got more free time on my hands now.
The bottom line is: The projects are NOT dead and are still pretty much underway.
I'm sorry for the lack of visual updates and videos but I had way too much stuff going on in real life.
But as I said, this is temporary. Please, I ask you for a little more patience. I assure you we will be back on track soon.
Best, Romsstar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1