Triangle Strategy will release on Steam October 13

Triangle Strategy, a tactical RPG released by Square Enix for the Nintendo Switch this March, will be ported to Steam next month. The game, seen as a spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics, utilizes the same HD-2D artstyle as Octopath Traveler, from the same team. Triangle Strategy received positive reviews upon release, scoring an 83 on Metacritic.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I feel like I'm the only one who is put off by the graphical style. SNES-style sprites combined with a 3D world and realistic lightning feel really weird to me lol

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm the only one who is put off by the graphical style. SNES-style sprites combined with a 3D world and realistic lightning feel really weird to me lol
I only find it problematic when certain graphical effects cannot be disabled. Specifically chromatic aberration and depth of field. Almost never an issue with PC releases though, only on Switch.

Reactions: Cris1997XX

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To cut the 💩 and get to the chase. Is it just another boring turn based game that's rinse and repeat, over dramatic, predictable full of cliches story, same as all of them clones from before by square Enix, Natsume, Atlus etc. Where you're supposed to care about cute design characters/environment, spells/moves effects BUT battles are easy, no difficulty setting, no challenge ,no replay value. Just another generation of same old, same old.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To cut the 💩 and get to the chase. Is it just another boring turn based game that's rinse and repeat, over dramatic, predictable full of cliches story, same as all of them clones from before by square Enix, Natsume, Atlus etc. Where you're supposed to care about cute design characters/environment, spells/moves effects BUT battles are easy, no difficulty setting, no challenge ,no replay value. Just another generation of same old, same old.
Yeah, plus it ships with Denuvo. Hard pass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1