• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump 2024 wants to bring firing squads back and televise them

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of all the things to be outraged about: pending World War III and nuclear holocaust, environmental disasters nationwide, massive inflation, sky high gas prices, CCP balloons flying unrestricted across our airspace, and this is what gets you clutching your pearls, huh? Hahahahahaha!!!

1676763801521.jpeg

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Out of all the things to be outraged about: pending World War III and nuclear holocaust, environmental disasters nationwide, massive inflation, sky high gas prices, CCP balloons flying unrestricted across our airspace, and this is what gets you clutching your pearls, huh? Hahahahahaha!!!

View attachment 354150
We still have a grasp on sanity, yes.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Public executions should never happen. No one should see somebody else die, it's not entertainment. Besides, life imprisonment is a harsher punishment than death, in my opinion. And it can be reversed if the accused is proven innocent later on, usually with substantial financial compensation for the undeserved years spent in prison.
But you're a rational mature individual. There are a lot of people that arent.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, what is this? Revolution-era France?

Bloody hell; haven't we moved past public executions by now? That shit can traumatise people, especially kids and family members of the executed. Even in cases where the death penalty is appropriate (there aren't that many - maybe for unrepentant mass murderers or something, IDK) the whole 'death' thing should be done privately.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't even an effective deterrent

Honestly, if you televise them executions may serve as a deterrent to some extent. But regardless I don't support capital punishment and I don't support this (ridiculous) idea. But as some others have said, I would probably take this method for myself if sentenced to death and if done correctly death by head shot is probably the most humane form of execution possible.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The crazy propaganda coming back in full force already? Some of his friends just decided to tell rolling stone trump wants to bring back firing squads? A little critical thinking please and thank you. Also check the history of these "journalists" who wrote this article. They are national inquirer level cringe.
Post automatically merged:

I think the MAGAs are totally insane, I wish we don't bring this to the screens to terrify our people.
I think people saying things like this are terrifying.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Public executions should never happen. No one should see somebody else die, it's not entertainment. Besides, life imprisonment is a harsher punishment than death, in my opinion. And it can be reversed if the accused is proven innocent later on, usually with substantial financial compensation for the undeserved years spent in prison.
there was a decade or so ago a TV show where they gave money or liquor to homeless people fight each other... there is nowadays lots of TV shows where they do DNA tests to tell who is or is not a father of a small children (they put even the pictures of the minor)... there are TV shows showing real life trials... the list goes on and on...

There is no limits on how bad someone can humiliate other people just for money...

(PS.: USA exposed worldwide the execution of saddam hussein, so sometimes humiliation is for money, but sometimes is just for political power too)

Reactions: Dust2dust

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people saying things like this are terrifying.

No, the MAGAs have demonstrated they're a very unreasonable and violent people since 2015. I know not being PC about it and pointing it out triggers the MAGA snowflakes because it's an inconvenient truth they don't like to hear.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, the MAGAs have demonstrated they're a very unreasonable and violent people since 2015. I know not being PC about it and pointing it out triggers the MAGA snowflakes because it's an inconvenient truth they don't like to hear.
No, people as tribal as you are have shown how dangerous they are. You don't actually think about what you are doing or saying. The best part is you justify your toxic behavior with countless amounts of propaganda and spending lots of time in echo chambers. For example, now I expect you to post a handful of ridiculous "news" articles to tell me that millions of people aren't actually people. Its the same exact thing I see from people who don't like Muslims, Jews, people of different ethnic backgrounds and so on.

Reactions: Chaoticus

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, people as tribal as you are have shown how dangerous they are. You don't actually think about what you are doing or saying. The best part is you justify your toxic behavior with countless amounts of propaganda and spending lots of time in echo chambers.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

This is just for starters because I'm currently working and I'll have a lot more sources to back my claim, but right wing extremists (MAGAs) have been responsible for 74% of extremist violence in the US for the past few years. Left wingers are responsible for 2% and the remaining 24% are apolitical.

The right is often quick to pin the apolitical extremist violence as left wing but even if it all were, the statistics are overwhelmingly against them.

To say I'm the dangerous one for pointing out who is violent is simply laughable and ridiculous.

Last edited by supermist,
Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/are-antifa-and-the-alt-right-equally-violent/

This is just for starters because I'm currently working and I'll have a lot more sources to back my claim, but right wing extremists (MAGAs) have been responsible for 74% of extremist violence in the US for the past few years. Left wingers are responsible for 2% and the remaining 24% are apolitical.

The right is often quick to pin the apolitical extremist violence as left wing but even if it all were, the statistics are overwhelmingly against them.

To say I'm the dangerous one for pointing out who is violent is simply laughable and ridiculous.
I predicted exactly what you would say before you said it, but you still did it. Snopes is a favorite of people who refuse to think or actually look into anything themselves. Snopes is a ridiculously bad "fact checking" website by the way. Im not going to sit here and post something from some other think tank with a different bias to counter it, the problem is that you are not thinking.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I predicted exactly what you would say before you said it, but you still did it.
At this point you're using words you don't understand.

It's not dangerous for me to point out MAGAs are violent. They've proven to be so, from Charlottesville, 1/6, and etc.

It's not propaganda to point out verified statistics.

Yet you're saying I'm somehow more dangerous a person than those who have literally killed and injured people?

You're a fucking moron.

Reactions: Xzi and KingVamp

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point you're using words you don't understand.

It's not dangerous for me to point out MAGAs are violent. They've proven to be so, from Charlottesville, 1/6, and etc.

It's not propaganda to point out verified statistics.

Yet you're saying I'm somehow more dangerous a person than those who have literally killed and injured people?

You're a fucking moron.
You aren't pointing out anything except that you are a hateful person and easily manipulated. If you want to stop feeling so anxious and hateful, why don't you try focusing your energy on helping people that could use some help. You aren't accomplishing anything by posting snopes articles are harping on about some what some small group of people did.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't pointing out anything except that you are a hateful person and easily manipulated.
Explain how it's hateful to point out violence, and how I'm manipulated for doing so.

Because this is just continued idiocy on your part to make such claims.

Then again, you MAGAs aren't known for intelligence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol