• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Impeachment: Public Hearings Have Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"I never knew a single word could sound so sweet: total acquittal."

What a fucking genius troll.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
"Its all just political theater, it's a sham to keep people distracted. Both sides have misused legal statute and are corrupt. The government is a woven hand and glove system of career politicians that use the same unethical methods to meet their own ends."

Tabzer- "and trump must be the master mind behind it playing all these clowns like puppets."

I think I sprained my eyeballs rolling them so hard.
Democrats just lost their emoluments lawsuit case against Trump.

They couldn't get him on Russia Collusion, couldn't get him on the Ukraine Case, couldn't get him on Emoluments case. Not even Nixon would've avoided all these lawsuits. And they are trying to get rid of his forever impeachment status which I have no doubt they'll be successful if they been so successful in the past for all the other cases.

For the stupidest president ever, he is the most successful at avoiding all the things thrown at him. Either Dems are crazy and Trump is innocent. Or he is the most powerful successful corrupt president ever. All the power coming from all the people that work for him that help him avoid all the lawsuits.

Maybe all the Dems anger shouldn't be directed at Trump, he may be a puppet and the masters pulling the strings are what people should be worried about. Trump and his craziness is exactly what they needed to have people distracted and focus only on him and ignore the actual owners of this country behind the scenes controlling everything.

Last edited by SG854,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Taleweaver is weaving a tale to fit a narrative of good vs evil. It's a pipe-dream. I would say that you could say the opposite is true, but I don't believe the Republicans had their own witnesses in roster, so they had to use the ones chosen by the house to get their satisfaction. To me, it looks like the whole thing was an attempt to convince people that the fog was smoke but there was no gun, or even the threat of one. It seems like you have to align yourself, entirely, with the Democratic party in order to claim what Trump did was wrong and what Biden did was not. It's crazy, and clearly closer to being the other way around. How this isn't clear as day to some people is so strange, especially considering that they aren't being rewarded for their efforts. There would have to be incentive somewhere, right?

On a side not, good god, these ads on this site are becoming atrocious.
No gun? You just choose to ignore Sondland's testimony, or Vindman's. That neither Parnas nor Bolton were allowed to tell the truth about what happened doesn't change that.

And I take offense with that 'you have to align yourself with the democrats'. It's not my fault that the US is piss poor when it comes to political parties. Believe me : if there were 100 active political parties instead of just two, it wouldn't be a 'democrats vs the rest' but a 'Republicans vs the rest ' at this point.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What? I didn't even quote you. I have no idea what you said.

You quoted @WeedZ, where the text itself was a misappropriated comment that I never said.

No gun? You just choose to ignore Sondland's testimony, or Vindman's. That neither Parnas nor Bolton were allowed to tell the truth about what happened doesn't change that.

And I take offense with that 'you have to align yourself with the democrats'. It's not my fault that the US is piss poor when it comes to political parties. Believe me : if there were 100 active political parties instead of just two, it wouldn't be a 'democrats vs the rest' but a 'Republicans vs the rest ' at this point.

Testimony isn't a gun. At best, it's smoke. A testimony about someone's feelings about something, instead of an actual event, is the kind of distortion that I am talking about. An actual threat is a weapon. We have video confession of a weapon existing on Biden in regards to getting the prosecutor investigating his son's workplace fired. He literally bragged about witholding funding in order to get someone fired. Be offended if you want.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sondland's and Lt Col. Vindman's (thank you) testimony were nothing but presumption and policy disputes. The only "gun" in the impeachment was the actual transcript of the call. It was all the evidence needed to debunk another failed attempt to impeach the president. The only reason he was impeached was due to the dumbocrats having the majority in the House.
Even that piece of Schiff, Adam Schiff (who watched the minority report way too much) started pushing "what if"s and "he needs to be removed because he 'might' do something." SMH to all the liberals who bought into that crap. Parnas and Bolton would only have added to the presumptions and policy disputes (such as Bolton being fired).

We have video confession of a weapon existing on Biden in regards to getting the prosecutor investigating his son's workplace fired. He literally bragged about witholding funding in order to get someone fired. Be offended if you want.
Oh, but the Biden conspiracy was already "debunked" remember? No investigation or anything to debunk it, but it was somehow proven wrong. We need people with hearsay and presumptions in order to bring Biden's corruption to justice as that video of him admitting it was apparently not enough.

Reactions: Fugelmir and tabzer

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Testimony isn't a gun. At best, it's smoke. A testimony about someone's feelings about something, instead of an actual event, is the kind of distortion that I am talking about. An actual threat is a weapon. We have video confession of a weapon existing on Biden in regards to getting the prosecutor investigating his son's workplace fired. He literally bragged about witholding funding in order to get someone fired. Be offended if you want.
The testimonies weren't about their feelings but about their events with either the president or the ones directly dealing in name of the president. If you don't want distortion, I suggest you start with... Well... Not distorting the truth.

Okay... I'll play along : prove to me that Joe Biden pressured Ukraine into firing a corrupt official to help his son.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason he was impeached was due to the dumbocrats having the majority in the House.
Is THAT all it takes? Okay. The only reason he was acquitted was due to the republicons having the majority in the Senate.
I feel like we're on the verge of everyone realizing the pursuit of truth is just a means to an end, and nobody really cares what it actually is.

Last edited by FGFlann,
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The testimonies weren't about their feelings but about their events with either the president or the ones directly dealing in name of the president. If you don't want distortion, I suggest you start with... Well... Not distorting the truth.

Okay... I'll play along : prove to me that Joe Biden pressured Ukraine into firing a corrupt official to help his son.

Lol. Wtf is this? Someone like you is going to tell the truth? It's obvious that you are in the camp of "in the end what prevails is the truth" and not "the truth will prevail." I'm not so interested in playing word games with you. At this point, even deadliner is closer to grasping reality, and that's saying something.

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is THAT all it takes? Okay. The only reason he was acquitted was due to the republicons having the majority in the Senate.
That's all it takes for the corrupt, racist, and fascist demonrats to get their way or to stop them from using their numbers to pursue their deep state agendas.

Trump was acquitted due to the Republican's majority in the senate, but also due to the Republicans being righteous and using the facts to persuade their judgement.

If Trump was such a bad president and committed crimes that were worthy of impeachment, it would have been more bipartisan.
Unfortunately, the dumbocrats didn't care about the truth. If they did, then Schiff wouldn't have made up a fake version of the phone call, he wouldn't have brought up "what if" crimes that were never committed, they wouldn't have had secret hearings in the basement of Congress, and they would have allowed the president to participate by having a fair hearing before they already made their decision.
This impeachment fiasco has been in the works since before Trump was elected. They only went with the two faulty articles because they were running out of time as they wanted to impeach Trump before Christmas.
Thank the Lord above that the Republicans still have control over the senate or else an innocent man would have been removed from office and our country would have suffered for it. We have a booming economy like we have now all due to Trump.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Truth is subjective as well (think "who was responsible for your last breakup" and then extrapolate). It is not 'the truth' because most often there are several.

But - there also is such a thing as perception management (PR), and there are lies.

One such lie is, that you shouldnt hear witnesses in a case, because the case is deemed political.

Now thats a lie.

Also what most people in here are engaged in is building disillusionment again, but not to further thinking about processes - but to actually drive others away from politics - because 'nothing good can come from it'.

Thats the targeted PR that was spread before the last election, because conservatives had the more dedicated (radical) voter base. :)

If you hear 'I begin to believe, that none of it was about tha truth' kind of messaging, think - someone is actively driving you into inaction. ;)

Because - thats not a thing someone voting for a political candidate because of ideology cares about. (Their politicians can lie all day, for as much as they care - if they only drive through the political actions they like.) And Trump supporters are more ideologically driven.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's all it takes for the corrupt, racist, and fascist demonrats to get their way or to stop them from using their numbers to pursue their deep state agendas.
Insane Trump supporter.

Trying to pull up ideological walls of good vs evil to destroy democracy (which is about acknowledging, that whoever gets more votes, will do an OK job at least - as an advancement in trust you have to give before knowing what they'll do).

morvoran has to leave this forum one way or another.

We told him that time after time. His reaction is always to live 5 minutes of bliss, when someone on the other side fails - and then promote - tha system trys to destroy his loved one illegally, evil-ly, hiddenly and covertly-ly.

A truly insane person. We've lived through this 10 times by now - and it becomes jarring to deal with that mental state. It never changes. You can bank on it being here to destroy active participation on issues 10/10 times when the Trump camp calls their 4chan trolls to manage perception of outcomes again.

morvoran is here - so you don't read up on details or specifics.

Dont fall for organized disillusionment merchants that tell you democracy only is the deepstate, if its not Trump at the top.

What is the deepstate?
Bureaucrats working for institutions, regardless of whos in power. They hold institutional knowledge. So basically they are there to facilitate transition of power, without the entire societal systems having to be built up starting from nothing, when a new party wins. Whoever gets into power politically gets to 'steer the ship' but not replace the entire crew at once. Only slowly over time - when they get elected for longer periods of time. So 'deepstate' are institutional careerists, that know how the institutions work from an organizational perspective, that have seperate career ladders, and that act as 'moderators' to change - so it doesnt get too radical (Bureaucrats usually cant get fired that easily, ...). But the name is so much more impressively sounding right? ;)

That terrorists and tha deep state, and that agents of HIllary, and the pizza bakers.. ;)

The truth is, there is no democracy without the institutional state. When america 'brought democracy' to europe, they developed institutions first. Only then educated the public on tools like 'open public debate, ...' - democracy is about managing transition of power adequatly. And transitions in power are messy - so you need some 'self organizing' element that can function even without someone telling them what to do - f.e. if a gouvernment becomes inactive. And you need someone - that doesnt just take all the 'institutional knowledge away with them' everytime the other party comes into power.

Talking about taking knowledge away. Trump government is currently, illegally, shredding records/files on an unpresidented scale. Librarians of congress talk about 'not since Nixon' have there been such efforts. Those librarians? Also 'deepstate'.
src: (for the 'not since NIxon' part) h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csMc6DS54wU

Those guys, Trump just fired?
h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFGErNy6wIw

Also deepstate. According to morvoran. (Actually they are not, because they were part of his administration. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you believe that Trump should have been impeached for those extremely flimsy articles the dim-ocrats impeached him for, you must have an extremely strong belief that Biden blackmailed Ukraine to fire their prosecutor looking into Burisma to protect his son.

Hunter had, just months before, been discharged from the military for drug use.
Hunter gets hired onto the board of Burisma with no experience or knowledge of natural gas while Vice President Biden was in charge of looking into corruption in Ukraine (which even the Obama administration said was a conflict of interest).
A prosecutor starts looking into corruption from Burisma.
Joe threatens to withhold $1billion dollars of aide if that prosecutor isn't fired.
Ukraine officials claim prosecutor was fired for not doing his job.
A new prosecutor immediately drops all charges on Burisma due to lack of evidence of corruption meaning the investigation stopped as soon as the old prosecutor was fired.

I don't have direct evidence showing Biden did the bribery/quid-pro-quo/ blackmail of Ukraine for Hunter, but you have to admit, this all seems quite sketchy and was a lot worse than anything Trump did as Biden admitted on video that he used foreign aide to get his way.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
If truth is subjective then there would be no sense in pursuing it at all. We shouldn't conflate multiple factors with there being "multiple truths", there are events that take place and those that don't.

It's extremely difficult to decipher what you're saying most of the time because your syntax is quite strange, but I take umbrage with the suggestion that pointing out the rotten state of the political game is meant to "drive people away" from politics. In this one's humble opinion the effect should be the opposite, the more people who are wise to the current state of affairs should involve themselves even more.

We need more, a lot more, people with integrity standing up for themselves and everyone else.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If truth is subjective then there would be no sense in pursuing it at all. We shouldn't conflate multiple factors with there being "multiple truths"
I agree that its worth pursuing. :)

But as a journalist 'there are multiple truths' is one of the first things you learn.

Has to do with how human memory works. (Emotions playing a part in recollection, details getting created to fill in gaps after the fact, and context creating meaning.)

I didn't mean to argue, that there is no sense in trying - there is.

(Its just not payed very well.. ;) )

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot get on board with this notion at all. That there would be a school of thought teaching the idea of subjective truth leaves me bewildered. At best I'd consider it a misnomer, at worst an excuse for spin. In journalism this is especially worrying.

Reactions: tabzer

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have a booming economy like we have now all due to Trump.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Booming Economy AND due to Trump? Both in the same sentence? HAHA!!! You're just flat out one of the most incredibly STUPID people on the face of the planet. Is that you Donald?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Booming Economy AND due to Trump? Both in the same sentence? HAHA!!! You're just flat out one of the most incredibly STUPID people on the face of the planet. Is that you Donald?

The red circle on each graph approximately marks the time of the election, 2016.

Obviously stock market numbers aren't the only measure of the economy (though, they are the standard ones used by the media every day). But these 5 year graphs definitely DO show a marked change in growth rate after Trump took office.

ec001.PNG

ec002.PNG

ec003.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la