Hacking Trying to transfer files from PS3 internal drive to USB NTFS drive

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to transfer files over 4GB from my PS3's internal HDD to a USB drive? FTP is not an option for me, and I need to extract all the files off of my PS3's HDD, but since some of them are over 4GB, I am not sure what to do. I know there are a few apps that have NTFS support, but many of them are spotty at best, and I don't think anything supports NTFS. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Hmm.... I just realized another possible issue. The only spare external drive I have to use is 6TB.... that's probably way too big for the PS3 to read even with homebrew, especially since it would have to be formatted in GPT instead of MBR. Would there be any way to use it in a PS3? The PS3 itself just has a 1TB drive in it.

Last edited by Cyber Akuma,

rebecca14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a NTSC 1tb drive that i use to play all of my backups with no issue, they are all in iso format so some over 30gb and they all work perfectly. The Ps3 doesnt show a drive connected and neither does multiman but theres an option to scan a NTSC drive for games and that works perfectly (so far). You can use iris manager however which can see the NTSC drive where you can copy/move to and from the PS3 and the external drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: