TurboGrafx-16 Mini delayed "indefinitely"

body_main.png

Konami was set to get in on the mini-console nostalgia trend, but it looks like fans will have to wait a bit longer to get their hands on these throwback systems. The TurboGrafx-16 Mini and the PC Engine Mini, which were slated for release on March 19th, have been delayed indefinitely. The delay comes as a result of the current Coronavirus outbreak in China, which has impacted shipping facilities. The TurboGrafx-16 Mini was first revealed during E3 2019, and was planned to include 24 classic games from the North American and European catalog, and another 26 games originally released in Japan.

• Alien Crush
  • Victory Run
  • Blazing Lazers
  • Neutopia
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • R-Type
  • Moto Roader
  • Power Golf
  • Ys book I&II
  • Ninja Spirit
  • J.J. & Jeff
  • Space Harrier
  • Military Madness
  • Chew-Man-Fu
  • Psychosis
  • Bonk's Revenge
  • Parasol Stars
  • Cadash
  • New Adventure Island
  • Air Zonk
  • Neutopia II
  • Solider Blade
  • Lords of Thunder
  • Bomberman '93
PC Engine Games:
  • The Kung Fu
  • Jaseiken Necromancer
  • Fantasy Zone
  • Appare! Gateball
  • Nectaris
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Neutopia
  • PC Genjin
  • Ys I・II
  • Super Darius
  • Super Star Solider
  • Daimakaimura
  • Aldynes
  • Neutopia II
  • Gradius
  • Salamander
  • Super Momotaro Dentetsu II
  • Ninja Ryūkenden *Japanese ver. of NINJA GAIDEN
  • Star Parodier
  • Snatcher
  • Gradius II - Gofer no Yabō -
  • Chō Aniki
  • Akumajō Dracula X Chi no Rondo
  • Bomberman ’94
  • Bomberman Panic Bomber
  • Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading someone's post on this forum saying he bought a Switch Lite prematurely because he feared it would become scarce in stores soon. He's probably right. China is the world's main factory for electronics. Scalpers are gonna love this Coronavirus. :lol:

I and many other Americans would love companies investing into our own country to help create manufacturing jobs as opposed to one that would rather its citizens do what they're told and shut up.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading someone's post on this forum saying he bought a Switch Lite prematurely because he feared it would become scarce in stores soon. He's probably right. China is the world's main factory for electronics. Scalpers are gonna love this Coronavirus. :lol:
yup that was me !
i really do hope we get the new TX chips though :switch:
also i was going to post this story but i got distracted :D

yeah it's not looking to good
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sAooT_1583234498

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I and many other Americans would love companies investing into our own country to help create manufacturing jobs as opposed to one that would rather its citizens do what they're told and shut up.
yes it would be nice but i don't expect it to ever happen
it is nearly impossible to do , it would take at least a decade or more to move the industry back from china
and that is an optimistic figure
too much the supply chain is there , it would almost be like trying recreate the industrial revolution all over again from scratch
or at least starting all over again from from where we were in the mid 70's

also a turbografx mini already exists , it's called the PC engine :rofl2:

seriously too bad , this thing brings so much nostalgia for me
i had a lot of these games growing up

Last edited by weatMod,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is a swift kick to companies to tell them to start making shit in other cheap labor countries! Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, etc. Stop putting all your cheap labor in one country. Giving China all this power is a mistake.

I wish more countries in the US used Mexico for cheap labor, instead of China. Mexico's gov is a hell of a lot less Authoritarian than fucking mainland China.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad indeed, guess I'll have to settle for the SNES classic Mini most likely.

I hope this is a swift kick to companies to tell them to start making shit in other cheap labor countries! Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, etc. Stop putting all your cheap labor in one country. Giving China all this power is a mistake.

I wish more countries in the US used Mexico for cheap labor, instead of China. Mexico's gov is a hell of a lot less Authoritarian than fucking mainland China.
Sure. There's also India, Pakistan, Thailand, and Singapore.

yup that was me !

it is nearly impossible to do , it would take at least a decade or more to move the industry back from china
too much the supply chain is there , it would almost be like trying recreate the industrial revolution all over again from scratch
I'm thinking instead of mostly human workers like back in the 40s-60s, the countries that have the resources and brains could replace Chinese labor for electronics and some other fields with mainly synthetic workers, aka make it be done by robots. It happened with the automobile industry, so why not home electronics and whatnot?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sounds more to me like they were looking for an excuse to shelve an almost certain flop. People were saying the preorder sales numbers for the system were astonishingly low.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The media is overreacting to this virus
It's not.

I'm thinking instead of mostly human workers like back in the 40s-60s, the countries that have the resources and brains could replace Chinese labor for electronics and some other fields with mainly synthetic workers, aka make it be done by robots. It happened with the automobile industry, so why not home electronics and whatnot?
The "easier said than done" kind of thing - there's a lot of cost, research and caveats involved with industry automation, and in some places, it goes beyond just throwing money and resources at the problem (especially where reliable technologies aren't really invented yet). Even with automobile industry, it took a long time, and still has a lot of things that require manual labor (details and molds that require CNC for example).

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the turbograf-x classic release delayed because of coronavirus?
Yes it was Konami didn't want to take any risks apparently they found someone coughing while they was packing them and was told to bin the lot of them

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The media is overreacting to this virus
more like under reacting
Sad indeed, guess I'll have to settle for the SNES classic Mini most likely.

Sure. There's also India, Pakistan, Thailand, and Singapore.

mostly because of machines machine tools stamping tools heavy industry etc
there are lots of machines that take years to build and that can no be moved so easily
the supply chain is just too fractured and too big even if we had the skilled labor the logistics of the machining and tooling that would need to be dome would take decades
it took decades to move it there ,industries like textiles and heavy machines
no way you just snap your fingers and make it come back , it would be a mammoth undertaking that would take at least 20 years
besides in 4 more weeks US will look like China ,everywhere will ,look at the US map ,look how it spread in just past week alone ,it's exponential even with their being hardly any testing being done
not going away in April like Trump says, it's spreading in hot climates and not slowing down , you can be reinfected you do not build immunity ,in fact 2nd time is more deadly
i don't really see any firebreaks this thing is just going to keep going

limpbiz411

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this virus isn't anything, think of how many people die in car crashes every day, but that don't stop people from driving.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
this virus isn't anything, think of how many people die in car crashes every day, but that don't stop people from driving.
lol, driving is actually safer than coronavirus now due to it being canceled over coronavirus fears.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
car accidents kill 1.2 million annually

given corona chans official WHO case fatality rate of 3.4 ( this is low ball figure to keep people from panicing) and the estimates of 70% of the population that will contract this virus this year according to figures from Harvard epidemiologists
that puts the annual deaths this year from the virus at 350,000,000

uh no... it literally has a 3% death rate which is pathetic and over 30,000 have recovered from it. it also doesnt affect kids. its basically a flu with no vaccine

flu case fatality rate is 0.05 to 0.1
corona case fatality rate is 3.4 (probably much higher due to China numbers being totally fake)
with those figures that makes corona virus 34 to 68 times deadlier than flu
and flu has an R naught of about 1.4
corona virus R naught is estimated to be a 7 or 8 ,roughly on par with smallpox

also yes it does kill kids

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup that was me !

It also has other names, such as the Raspberry Pi (at least, the second and third one, don't know about the Zero or the OG) and the ODroidXU4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy