Gaming [TUTORIAL] How to erase "unerasable" saves from the cartridge (using FBI and SaveDataFiler)

mathjuubi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I've past de last few hours looking for a tutorial like this (because my friend wants to buy my RE:The Mercenaries) and wasn't able to find it. Until now it looked impossible to delete the save from the cartridge without using any adaptor. And it worked like a charm.

I'm not a hacker and neither a dev, I'm just a brazilian gamer who found something that may be useful and want to share it

I ONLY DID IT ONE TIME, FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL BY YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY BRICKED CONSOLE, FIRED CARTRIDGE OR ANY OTHER KIND OF DAMAGE.

--Worked with:
-Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (USA)

--What are you going to need:
-an unlocked 3ds (mine is an o3ds on 11.2.0-35U, unlocked trough https://3ds.guide tutorial)
-a working cia installer (I use FBI)
-savedatafiler.cia (you can get it here: SaveDataFiler)
-courage

--Let's do it

1-Moving the .cia to your
1.1. Turn off your 3ds.
1.2. Remove the SD card from the 3ds and insert it in your computer.
1.3. Move the "SaveDataFile.cia" file you downloaded to the cias folder on your 3ds SD.
1.4. Remove the SD card from your computer and insert it in the 3ds.

2-Installing the .cia trough FBI

2.1 Turn on your 3ds and open FBI.
2.2 Go to "SD" and press A.
2.3 Go to your cias folder and press A again.
2.4 Choose "SaveDataFiler.cia, press A, choose Install CIA, press A then press A again and wait until it finishes.
2.5 Press B until you get to FBI homescreen and press start to exit FBI.

3-Backing up and then deleting the save

3.1 Open SaveDataFiler, it should be on your homescreen with a SAVeFL icon.
3.2 On the User tab, go to "CTR Card", press Y and then A to export the save data to your SD. (might be useful if you got in trouble)
3.3 Be sure if it worked going to SD tab by pressing right d pad twice and checking if theres something like "user: (a lot of numbers) : (a lot of numbers)". If it is there then you're ok to proceed.
3.4 Get back to User tab by pressing left d pad twice.
3.5 Go to "CTR Card" and press X then A to delete completely it's save data.
3.6 Wait until it is finished and "CTR Card" is in red.
3.7 Press home button and open the game.
3.8 It should be brand new.

I'm not a hacker and neither a dev, I'm just a brazilian gamer who found something that may be useful and want to share it

I ONLY DID IT ONE TIME, FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL BY YOUR OWN RISK, I'M NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY BRICKED CONSOLE, FIRED CARTRIDGE OR ANY OTHER KIND OF DAMAGE.

IF ANYTHING WENT WRONG YOU CAN PUT THE SAVE DATA BACK IN THE CARTRIDGE BY GOING TO SAVEDATAFILER AND PRESSING "A" TWICE IN "user : (a lot of numbers) : (a lot of numbers)"

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly, JKSM can erase saves from a cart by itself. No need to mess with savedatafiler which isn't the easiest thing to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter