Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Does not work :P
I attempted many scenarios to get the pre-installed games transffered to another console, so far, it does not work, the only possible way isn't yet tested, cause this involves updating your gateway enabled 3DS to the latest 9.6 fw in sysnand, this also makes your 3DS not GW compatible anymore, you can only try this if you have a hardmod and can restore back your nand.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does not work :P
I attempted many scenarios to get the pre-installed games transffered to another console, so far, it does not work, the only possible way isn't yet tested, cause this involves updating your gateway enabled 3DS to the latest 9.6 fw in sysnand, this also makes your 3DS not GW compatible anymore, you can only try this if you have a hardmod and can restore back your nand.

Thats what I want people to try if you're in Sysnand using gateway (breaking it using hexworkshop) you can run titlemanager and install a cia to a different sd card and it runs but what I want to know will this game show up on someone elses 3ds if they handed you there sd card and installed the games by popping out your sd and putting theirs in installing the game and putting it back into there 9.6 old or new3ds and see if the game show up.

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The pre-installed CIA games can be installed on any console so I don't see how it wouldn't work

The ticket.db file is in the NAND of the console, not in the SD. So, if you install something in a SD and if you want to run it, first, the console will check if the application is signed in the ticket. So, if you install a legit CIA in a SD, the installation will update the ticket.db of the console file too.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ticket.db file is in the NAND of the console, not in the SD. So, if you install something in a SD and if you want to run it, first, the console will check if the application is signed in the ticket. So, if you install a legit CIA in a SD, the installation will update the ticket.db of the console file too.

Ah I see so if the ticket is not on the nand regardless of the game being on the SD it won't load. That makes more sense bummer still if the other console is on 9.2 or lower you can install it but its highly unlikely to find someone whos under 9.2 and has no gateway card

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
If you followed the other thread, you would already know the answer, i have atm 8 3DS consoles around
a few on 9.6 sysnand and a few on 9.2 sysnand and a few on 4.5 sysnand, all systems are around here just for the purpose of getting the pre-installed games to a 9.6 sysnand system
The source i got mine, yeah the are proper, i can tell you that, the i tried all possible ways and all failed, the only way not tested is install everything to 9.2 sysnand, then update that console to 9.6 sysnand and do s 9.6 sysnand to 9.6 sysnand system transffer
But i need to hardmod a system for that, so i can go back to sysnand 9.2 or lower (i have nand backups of all systems that where not on 9.6.

Anyway like said, i need to hardmod 1 first, then wait for the 7 day limmit transffer and then i can try the sysnand to sysnand transffer, if that fails, something is not so fully legit as it should be
Yes the show up in your sysnand, yes you can redownload in emunand, but there's more to it.

I know when you get a pre-installed bundle and you system transffer that to another 3DS with a pre-installed game, you have both, youy can system transffer that to another bundle etc.. so if you buy all 3DS systems with a pre-installed game and make an account on 1, then system transffer across all the consoles, in the end you do have a system with all pre-installed games on, that you can system transffer to a N3Ds let's say and have all games on it.

Anyway, if you haven't tried, you can't know and discuss, you really have to try it yourself to know what i mean and know it's not working like it is now.

And that's the point where something is not working, it seems the ticked.db created in emunand when you make that, is not 100% the same as the one sysnand uses, when you system transffer, we don't know what ticked.db it reads out, i bet it reads the ticked.db from sysnand, not emunand when you system transffer emunand to sysnand.

Since you can't link a nnid in your sysnand on 4.5 to 9.2 without losing gateway compatibility, the ticked.db can't link your pre-installed games to a nnid to be able to redownload the games.
Yes in your emunand, you are able to redownload the games but once transffered you lose ALL pre-installed games.

That's why i think system transffer uses sysnand's ticked.db and not emunands ticked.db, it doesn't matter if your emunand and sysnand are linked or not. As long as you don't have a nnid on your source 3DS it will never let you redownload the games, even if you have a 9.2 system with a nnid linked, you have to connect to the internet, meaning you have to update your sysnand

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed the other thread, you would already know the answer, i have atm 8 3DS consoles around
a few on 9.6 sysnand and a few on 9.2 sysnand and a few on 4.5 sysnand, all systems are around here just for the purpose of getting the pre-installed games to a 9.6 sysnand system
The source i got mine, yeah the are proper, i can tell you that, the i tried all possible ways and all failed, the only way not tested is install everything to 9.2 sysnand, then update that console to 9.6 sysnand and do s 9.6 sysnand to 9.6 sysnand system transffer
But i need to hardmod a system for that, so i can go back to sysnand 9.2 or lower (i have nand backups of all systems that where not on 9.6.

Anyway like said, i need to hardmod 1 first, then wait for the 7 day limmit transffer and then i can try the sysnand to sysnand transffer, if that fails, something is not so fully legit as it should be
Yes the show up in your sysnand, yes you can redownload in emunand, but there's more to it.

I know when you get a pre-installed bundle and you system transffer that to another 3DS with a pre-installed game, you have both, youy can system transffer that to another bundle etc.. so if you buy all 3DS systems with a pre-installed game and make an account on 1, then system transffer across all the consoles, in the end you do have a system with all pre-installed games on, that you can system transffer to a N3Ds let's say and have all games on it.

Anyway, if you haven't tried, you can't know and discuss, you really have to try it yourself to know what i mean and know it's not working like it is now.

That seems like a really long and EXPENSIVE process good job for testing all this btw.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
That seems like a really long and EXPENSIVE process good job for testing all this btw.

Long, yes, expensive, not really :) 4 are loaned systems, people who never have used gateway or sky3ds, because the don't know or don't care, how come, 1 on 4.5, the never used a game that required highr FW and never connected online
1 on 9.2, because the never where online and i updated them with cooking mama rom on my sky3ds after permission, 2 i updated to 9.6 (after there permission) and i have 4 systems of my own, 2 on 9.6 and the other 2 on 9.2 (used to be 4.5, but i have nand backups), also the rarely used it and the didn't care if i messed around with it, 2 bought a N3DS, so i could test on those as a wanted, no need to update, the didn't system transffer anything cause the barely played on it :D

[EDIT]
Did you download any fire emblem CIA or did you download from that very specific thread from the google search

You know there's an EDIT button, instead of posting countlesly after your own post, you should use the edit button if you are the last poster. (like i just did)

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long, yes, expensive, not really :) 4 are loaned systems, people who never have used gateway or sky3ds, because the don't know or don't care, how come, 1 on 4.5, the never used a game that required highr FW and never connected online
1 on 9.2, because the never where online and i updated them with cooking mama rom on my sky3ds after permission, 2 i updated to 9.6 (after there permission) and i have 4 systems of my own, 2 on 9.6 and the other 2 on 9.2 (used to be 4.5, but i have nand backups), also the rarely used it and the didn't care if i messed around with it, 2 bought a N3DS, so i could test on those as a wanted, no need to update, the didn't system transffer anything cause the barely played on it :D

[EDIT]

You know there's an EDIT button, instead of posting countlesly after your own post, you should use the edit button if you are the last poster. (like i just did)

Sometimes it just slips my mind to click the edit button most of the time I remember too but when I type fast I just reply without thinking :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    first of all, i don't watch those kinds of videos, and if i did i'd pull a verbalase 50k but with wizards and wario
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    second of all, i don't even have a 3ds
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    OnlyWizard&WarioFans.com
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just want a wizard to stick his wand (whether literal or figurative is up to interpretation, either way it's either freaky or sus, or both i guess) up my ass
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm making Texas sheet cake for first time today, my Nieghbor brought us some few weeks ago and damn that's good, so I got her recipe and gonna try it today.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues