Status
Not open for further replies.
Tutorial  Updated

[Tutorial] Inject a save for Virtual Console Pokémon Green, Red, Blue, or Yellow.

*Make sure all Pokémon in Red, Blue, Yellow or Green are NOT glitched. (like cooltrainer move, glitched pokémon like M' Charizard, illegal moves, or illegal status, like 999 attack and 999 defense, etc.) or the Pokémon will no work in PokéBank.
*Use PkHex to modify your Pokémon or create Pokémon in your Pokémon VC when you extract it and before injecting if you need it.
*I still will put my saves. (RBY yay!) you can freely download it and you're freely to modify it. (i didn't finished green but soon tm).
*You also need to have at the least a save in the pokémon vc, if you're too lazy, just skip the intro. and then, save. you can now follow this.

Well folks, it's too late for this tutorial but still i'm going to revive my trashy account and this. too late for this. yep.

*This allows you to use your emulator save (X.sav) or your dumped from your Pokémon cartridge (Red, Blue, Yellow, or Green JP) to your Virtual Console Pokémon.
What do you need:
*New or Old 3DS CFW with Pokémon VC (USA, AND JP VC WORKS!)
*A PC
*SavElf (know also as SaveDataFiler, FIND YOURSELF THE CIA)

-----
Install the SavElf CIA with your cia installer (FBI, BigBlueMenuBox, etc.)
Once fully you installed the cia, load up SavElf.
1.png

Then, locate your VC IDs in USER and find these:

01710 = Pokemon Red USA
01711 = Pokemon Blue USA
01712 = Pokemon Yellow USA
0170d = Pokemon Green [JPN]

These are your Pokémon saves. idk the french, and japan ids. must be the same but with another number (possibly...)

Then, until you found it, press Y to export your save. and press A to confirm, wait for the process.
2.png
3.png

After this, you can turn off you 3DS and let's go to the PC.
----
Open your New/ Old 3DS SD Card and you will see a new folder, named "filer", open it.

NEW.png

Inside, you will find your dumped Pokémon save, if you dumped the three at the same time, you will see 3 folders like this:
extracted.png

Search your title ID inside of the folders. if you dumped the 3 at the same time... you will have 3 folders, for example i will check 20170616152008...
And there is! 00001710! That's means it's Pokémon Red!

DEEP.png

Inside of that folder...
SAVDAT.png

There is your precious save! sav.dat is the save of your VC Pokémon game! Now you can extract it and rename it save.sav to use it in a emulator.

Now, time to inject the save!

This is really simply, just grab the Pokémon save you want to inject or download mine and rename it sav.dat (Make sure it's 32KB the save or WILL NOT WORK!)

renamed.png

Now, let's go to the 3DS again.

Again, launch SavElf. This time, change the tab and go to "SD"
SEMIFINAL.png

Select one of the saves you want to inject (Yellow, Red, Blue, or Green) Press A to inject it, press a to confirm... done... blah blah blah.
FINAL.png

And go to check your Pokémon save! and now, use PokéTransporter! and enjoy!
I know its too late for this tutorial but meh. for someone maybe it's useful lol.

Attachments

• RBYSaves.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 945
Last edited by Alex4U,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
nope. still doesnt work. it never does, it never has, it probably never will.

But I did it many times (at least with Pokemon FireRed).
I have been moving my save through VC -> Android and viceversa without problems.

Edit: Ah one time I had to use the Import option of Decrypt9 more than one time.

Last edited by Asdolo,

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I did it many times (at least with Pokemon FireRed).
I have been moving my save through VC -> Android and viceversa without problems.

Edit: Ah one time I had to use the Import option of Decrypt9 more than one time.
It never works for me. Tried emerald. Did not work when I imported the save to VBA. Tried Firered; did not want to re object the save; it just said "save file has been deleted" so... yeah. It never works for me.

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Darthlink9 : how do you run Decrypt9 ? Do you shut down the 3DS after quitting the GBA game in order to run decrypt9 by pressing a button at the boot ? If it's the case, it's the reason it doesn't work for you. (I needed 3 months to figure out I had to soft reboot by launching and quitting system param)

Last edited by contingences,

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Darthlink9 : how do you run Decrypt9 ? Do you shut down the 3DS after quitting the GBA game in order to run decrypt9 by pressing a button at the boot ? If it's the case, it's the reason it doesn't work for you. (I needed 3 months to figure out I had to soft reboot by launching and quitting system param)
Yeah, I'm launching it that way. All the Decypt9 CIA's I've used so far crash to home menu instantaneously.

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I'm launching it that way. All the Decypt9 CIA's I've used so far crash to home menu instantaneously.
Ok. I remember having some hard time myself (with minish cap, for example) but the worst I get was a game loading without savegame (never got a crash) I can suggest you to compare a VC savegame with an emulator one with an hex editor : are they similar ? and also to check the size of the savegame. Perhaps you could try godmode9 (it doesn't change a thing but I prefer the copy paste process and the alert if the gbavc.sav doesn't match in size)

AtomSmasherMazionga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I remember having some hard time myself (with minish cap, for example) but the worst I get was a game loading without savegame (never got a crash) I can suggest you to compare a VC savegame with an emulator one with an hex editor : are they similar ? and also to check the size of the savegame. Perhaps you could try godmode9 (it doesn't change a thing but I prefer the copy paste process and the alert if the gbavc.sav doesn't match in size)
I'm as good with a hex editor as a blind and deaf man is as a scout. Don't really know where to go from here. guess I'll just deal with it as usual.

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm as good with a hex editor as a blind and deaf man is as a scout. Don't really know where to go from here. guess I'll just deal with it as usual.

if the size are not the same, it's just a matter of looking the number of "lines" (the last offset) in the regular gbavc.sav and cutting the excess from the emu one. If the bytes are inverted just use the program mentioned in the "edit3" here . I can check if you want (just send me a regular gba.sav of the vc game and a sav from your emulator)

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with Mew are people using PKHex to make the gamefreak mew, inject it into like red vc, and transfer it to the bank from there? I lost all my saves from a old system. I have been looking into how i can reclaim the event pokemon for xy, oras, and sumo.. but then i saw this, and wondered what people mainly use this for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5