Tutorial  Updated

Merging badge data!

Hi GBAtemp. User @shutterbug2000 has found a way to merge two badge datas to essentially give yourself the badges of another player that has made their files publicly available. In this tutorial, we'll be using @Februarysn0w's badges (he/she has collected over 900 badges).

Februarysn0w's badge data: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=b6305612e3c95fbd&id=B6305612E3C95FBD!694&authkey=!ANwz34EVEYjGARc

1. Open the target's BadgeMngFile.dat and yours in a hex editor of your choice. (HxD is preferred)
5239b2ce86.png

2. Copy from 0x0 to 0xc (ctrl+g "C"; hex checked) from the target and then pastewrite the strings onto your file.
aca6040825.png

c548712ff2.png

3. CTRL+G to "3E8" and select everything starting from there to the end of the file and pastewrite it to yours once again. (Alternatively, you can copy from 0x1C to 0x20 from your file and then pastewrite the strings onto the target. Using this method, you can skip step 2 and 3. Then simply copy the target file to your 3DS)
38f9bac7e1.png

4. Save the edited BadgeMngFile.dat.

5. Copy the modified BadgeMngFile.dat and the target's BadgeData.dat onto your SD card and import them.

Please reply to this thread if this worked for you!

Great videos by @Ericzander:
CFW users:
Homebrew users:

EDIT: A lot of people don't know what to use. If you're a CFW user, use SaveDataFiler. If you're a *hax user, use ext_data dump tool or Sunshell by Rinnegatamante.

Last edited by froggestspirit,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed this tutorial using CFW and savedatafiler, but it says I can't use the badge feature from the home menu, because I don't have any badges? What did I do wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know for a fact I've been in the Badge Center before now.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it! I must've messed up using HxD the first time.
Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful, but I'd really like the ALBW and MM3D badges. Anyone got data for those?

Last edited by Ailuros27,

sailor_moon

Let Me Sing You A Tune ♫
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have BadgeData for the USA badges? honestly I just want the Launcher Badges + Nikki Swapnote~

Also major thank you to Februarysn0w for her badge uploads. Really do appriciate it~

tottymatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! i got this to work, but it replaces my own badges. i would like to keep the fire emblem: fates badges i have and add these too, but i'm not sure how... :/

edit: do you possibly have the fire emblem badges? :O

Last edited by tottymatsu,

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone with this already setup use GYTB and dump the images? AFAIK using it the first time dumps .png's of any existing badges on your SD card, would be handy to have that as a resource rather than having to install 900+ badges. (If you've used GYBT though it will get rid of everything for any custom ones so if you've used it please don't do this.)

Last edited by PixelBurst,

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will perhaps say a stupid thing, but this is normal for the badge pack from
februarysn0w does not contain either pokemon badges or fire emblem or mario kart or wind waker, etc? There are some series like Animal crossing, ok, but I'm not a fan. Triforce hero, but I do not love them either ... Sooo, this is a limit to the number of badge that selects random series? Thank you in advance. Oh~ and Sorry if my english suxx. °D

Reactions: iVcU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.