TV cancellations of 2013

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone knows any show thats even remotely good gets cancaled. Sometimes two or three times.
I'm not big on the TV scene , but I do like bates motel. Something though is telling me that this show will not last past a second season :-/ and if I'm right , I will be pissed ( not that it matters )

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Touch ended in a good place. It left itself open to the future, at least. I bet Fox just cancelled it in favor of 24.

Hannibal however, should not be On The Bubble. I won't have these TV execs cancelling two of my favorite shows at once.

But at least Homeland, Person of Interest, Arrow, White Collar, Suits, and Mad Men are all okay.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@JoostinOnline that list is barely changed from TV.com -- I added some words about some streaming, changed some stuff where they were a bit behind, changed a few titles and not a great deal else.
As for series vs season it is one of those differences between the English and American languages.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe what he meant by "final series" is , that this is the last season a.k.a. final episodes .
Not sure why you would an issue out of something so miniscule , I am sure most understood what he/she was saying .
And I'm not sure why you are so worked up about this. I just made a note of something that didn't make sense to me. This is a forum.

I'm sad that Touch is over. It's a pretty big cliffhanger. Community needed to die the moment NBC fired the creator. The new "writers" have destroyed the show to the point where almost nobody (I leave that out there for the few people that enjoy it) except dedicated fans are watching it. I really don't enjoy it much now, but I feel like I need to go down with the ship for some reason.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
By the way, I think you mean "Final season", not "Final series". A series is broken up into seasons, which is broken up into episodes.
In the UK, a "series" is a season. He is from the UK, ergo, there's nothing wrong with what he said. It's like calling them calling french fries chips. It may sound weird to you, but it's perfectly normal to them, so you don't need to point it out at all.

Never mind. Was typing before I saw the posts above. Dammit for lack of seeing the page 2. XD

Also, YES. FUCKING YES. WHITNEY AND SMASH! NO MORE WHITNEY AND SMASH! Disappointed about Go On and Happy Endings though.

Everyone knows any show thats even remotely good gets cancaled. Sometimes two or three times.
I somehow severely doubt that The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Girls, Homeland, Adventure Time, Mad Men, Parks and Recreation, Sons of Anarchy, New Girl, Louie, Children's Hospital, and South Park are getting cancelled anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure that amazing shows like the about-to-end Breaking Bad or the timeless classic The Sopranos were never cancelled. Most are critically acclaimed award winners, and all are incredible commercial successes for what they are. So no cancellation for them. Even The Wire managed to hang on just enough to finish.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That many Comedy Central renewals? Holy fuck they usually introduce about like 5 shows a season and they all get canned. Tosh.0 was a rarity.

Eh nothing really too interesting, happy to see Modern Family renewed since it's actually quite funny although a bit sappy. If it wasn't on ABC it'd honestly be a lot better. Since every episode is pretty funny, the humor isn't always so PG, but it wraps up with a generic acoustic guitar strum and family moral value lesson by the end.

Community... eh? I loved the series up until last season. Not that last season was terrible but the show has some pretty high standards that it just didn't meet. Good writing as usual but it just wasn't as cutting in general. I think Gahars described it best to me, it felt like people trying to make Community but not making Community. Next season can go one way or another though.

Walking Dead has been kinda a downward spiral since season three began, it slowly went from my favorite show on TV during season two to one of the most dismally disappointing affairs on TV for season three. Can't say I'm eager for season four but it gives me something to do on Sunday nights and a lot of people watch it so it's decent water cooler talk, especially if you're a dissenter on the show like myself.

Also I thought this was the final season of Mad Men or no? I just remember thinking that AMC is gonna be kinda fucked with their two breakthrough shows (Breaking Bad and Mad Men) ending in the same season. Like Walking Dead does excellent but I'm not sure about their selection of reality shows (which I honestly think is a really bad cashout) and their lesser series like Hell on Wheels or The Killing.

D

Deleted_171835

Person of Interest renewed?

iu87NDOnDA50T.gif

Reactions: notmeanymore

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Didn't Fringe and Dexter already end this year? edit : or "final" means it's already ended and won't be renewed for another final?
and I thought Revolution wouldn't be renewed, that's a surprise.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Fringe and Dexter already end this year? or they added a final final-series?

Fringe ended and Dexter's upcoming season will be the show's last.

I am glad Dexter's finally ending. It had a strong beginning, but man did it just spiral out of control. At this point, I just want to get off Dexter Morgan's Wild Ride.

As for other shows... I'm glad to see more Childrens Hospital on the way, and I hope Newsreaders gets renewed as well - I can always use more Louis La Fonda. I've pretty much given up on Community, and I couldn't stand more than 4 episodes of the Walking Dead, so I can't say I care too much for those renewals. I'm a bit annoyed that we have to wait until 2014 for the next season of Louie, but hey, I can't CK for wanting to do some outside work (apparently he's starring in the next Muppet movie, which should be... interesting).

So overall, some good news and some bad. It could definitely be worse.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow severely doubt that The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Girls, Homeland, Adventure Time, Mad Men, Parks and Recreation, Sons of Anarchy, New Girl, Louie, Children's Hospital, and South Park are getting cancelled anytime soon, and I'm pretty sure that amazing shows like the about-to-end Breaking Bad or the timeless classic The Sopranos were never cancelled. Most are critically acclaimed award winners, and all are incredible commercial successes for what they are. So no cancellation for them. Even The Wire managed to hang on just enough to finish.

TBH The only ones of those i watch is Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and occasionally, South Park.
Futurama, King of the Hill, Ed,Edd and Eddy, various 90's video game cartoons (inevidabily), Man vs Wild, and even Family Guy (at one point) were all cancelled.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
TBH The only ones of those i watch is Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and occasionally, South Park.
Futurama, King of the Hill, Ed,Edd and Eddy, various 90's video game cartoons (inevidabily), Man vs Wild, and even Family Guy (at one point) were all cancelled.
90's Video Games cartoons and Family Guy are good? OK. The only 90's game cartoon I remember I liked that got cancelled was Sam and Max. The majority were god awful to me. And I don't think that all of those 90's shows and a reality show are really an accurate point of reference.

Personally, I believe Family Guy should've been cancelled at the point that it did because the writing staff ran out of ideas as soon as it was back on air. I can envision it having "classic" status if it was ended at that point. But now, it's become a cesspool of poor and boring jokes that its creator constantly wants to dump in the toilet. At least Seth knows that the show needs to die already before it gets even worse.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
90's Video Games cartoons and Family Guy are good? OK. The only 90's game cartoon I remember I liked that got cancelled was Sam and Max. The majority were god awful to me. And I don't think that all of those 90's shows and a reality show are really an accurate point of reference.
I hope you're not hating on Captain N: The Game Master...

Reactions: kehkou

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I wonder why they cancel some good stuff and crap shows like Bob's Burgers get renewed. z.z
Bob's Burgers used to be pretty bad, but seasons 2 and 3 are brilliant and twisted. I really like it now. I struggle to find anything I like better than it on the cancellation list (excluding ending series) other than Happy Endings, but that's just me.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That aired really long before I was born, so I've never watched it. But it looks really cool, so I'll have to check that out. Thanks. :)
Way off topic here...but I'm just reading that the dude who played Felix Gaeta on Battlestar Galactica did the voice of Kid Icarus and Captain N's voice was also that of Ed from Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Fringe and Dexter already end this year? edit : or "final" means it's already ended and won't be renewed for another final?
The phrasing's a bit vague; 'final series' seems to apply to both a show whose final season has already aired or is currently airing (Fringe, The Office) or shows that've been renewed for a stated final season (Dexter, Warehouse 13). In both cases they've been announced as the final seasons of the show in advance, anyways.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the UK, a "series" is a season. He is from the UK, ergo, there's nothing wrong with what he said. It's like calling them calling french fries chips. It may sound weird to you, but it's perfectly normal to them, so you don't need to point it out at all.
<very mild rant>But you really shouldn't use "series" unless specifically talking about UK shows (or a show in its entirety). It makes sense in the way UK shows are produced (basically as miniseries, instead of ongoing) but not so much in other countries. I try and make an effort to use "series" when talking about UK shows, is it so bad to ask the people in the UK at least try to use "season" when talking about shows from the rest of the world?</vmr>

Anywho... pleasantly surprised at a lot of renewals. A few shows I'll miss, but it seems overall that most of the stuff I care about either ended intentionally (like The Office) or got picked up. YAY COMMUNITY! 6 seasons and a movie!

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol