Twitch offering 21 free games to Twitch Prime members as a lead up to Prime Day

0_-gIq9E9ESJ9vINIj.jpg

If you have Amazon Prime and a Twitch account, you might be interested to know that Amazon/Twitch are offering a lineup of free games every day of the month starting today, leading up to Amazon's Prime Day 2018. So long as you claim the games on the days that they're available, you'll be able to keep them permanently. Major Twitch streamers will also be playing the games to show specific ones off, on the days you can claim them. As for what role Twitch will have regarding Prime Day itself, everything on the Twitch Store will be half off. The list of games offered are as followed:

• 2-4 July — Pillars of Eternity
  • 3-9 July — Q.U.B.E. 2
  • 3 July – 2 August — SNK Bundle featuring Metal Slug 3, The Last Blade, and Twinkle Star Sprites
  • 4-10 July — Battle Chef Brigade
  • 5-11 July — Manual Samuel
  • 6-12 July — GoNNER
  • 7-13 July — Next Up Hero
  • 8-14 July — Uurnong Uurnlimited
  • 9-15 July — Hue
  • 10-16 July — Deponia Doomsday
  • 11-17 July — Observer
  • 12-18 July — Tacoma
  • 13-26 July — The Bridge
  • 14-27 July — Brutal Legend
  • 15-21 July — The Red Strings Club
  • 16-17 July — Tyranny
  • 17-31 July — Broken Age
  • 18-31 July — FRAMED Collection
  • 18-31 July — Serial Cleaner

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Game Claim Page
:arrow: Twitch Store

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
all garbage games, except for the jack black game

Aaaaand they all suck.... at least the free games from previous months were a mix of good and bad.

All garbage games except metal slug,

And it's all shovel-ware. Nice.
I somehow get the idea that none of you guys deal in PC games. Also, I'm reading that you guys all trash things before you try them. Oh, and that you judge them with zero knowledge about them, and only base things by platform.

I would like to see at least one of you justify why every single one of these games are bad. Then maybe I'll consider opinions from you in the future. Yeesh, I start to understand why people are saying millennials are ruining things, then again, prejudgement has been a plague since ancient times.

Reactions: Flirkyn

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh ? It's the definitive edition for Pillars of Eternity ? Sweeet I only have the base edition on steam
I somehow get the idea that none of you guys deal in PC games. Also, I'm reading that you guys all trash things before you try them. Oh, and that you judge them with zero knowledge about them, and only base things by platform.

I would like to see at least one of you justify why every single one of these games are bad. Then maybe I'll consider opinions from you in the future. Yeesh, I start to understand why people are saying millennials are ruining things, then again, prejudgement has been a plague since ancient times.
Pretty much agree, most of those game aren't bad at all, far from it. Heck some have pretty great reputation

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's all shovel-ware. Nice.
I fail to see how most of these games could qualify as "shovelware"? I don't think you know what that term means. A game can suck absolute dick but not be shovelware. Their are plenty of games on there that are good quality games that you just may happen not to like.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't personally consider these games as a reason to renew my subscription, if I wasn't already considering that. Although I can see why some would enjoy them, so I guess it's a win for those folk, and hell anything for a cheap discount (not technically free btw), bundled in a subscription that I already have, is a pretty nice deal if you ask me.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
D

Deleted User

Ah yes, us (insert console here) Fanboys hating on those pc gamers!!!!
Please look at my steam and then tell me I don't "deal in PC games".

Most (if not all) of these games have been offered free from humble bundle and other platforms before. It just feels like these games are "last week's scraps" in regards to games.
The only game I see is Metal Slug which I wouldn't mind getting for free, and Hue looks neat.

It's really funny you talk about prejudgement when you do the exact same. I could be 48, started gaming on a Commodore. Nobody uses millennial as an argument anymore, mr. baby boomer or 12 year old.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most (if not all) of these games have been offered free from humble bundle and other platforms before. It just feels like these games are "last week's scraps" in regards to games.
The only game I see is Metal Slug which I wouldn't mind getting for free, and Hue looks neat.

It's really funny you talk about prejudgement when you do the exact same. I could be 48, started gaming on a Commodore. Nobody uses millennial as an argument anymore, mr. baby boomer or 12 year old.
Considering you're doing the same thing in referring to quality games as "crap" just because you personally don't like them or they were free at some point in the past, maybe you shouldn't be doing the criticizing.

D

Deleted User

Considering you're doing the same thing in referring to quality games as "crap" just because you personally don't like them or they were free at some point in the past, maybe you shouldn't be doing the criticizing.
But I never called them crap, look again. I called them "shovelware."

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
They're certainly not shovelware, but they're not the best ever, either. But honestly, as a toss in bonus for people who have Prime, it's fairly solid. You basically get Pillars and Tyranny which are amazing, and some fun little assorted games inbetween.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I made my judgement based on you broadly making claims with literally nothing to back them up. The second half of the post was extreme sarcasm, something it seems you don't take well to. You calling a broad swath of games shovelware is hilarious and shows how little you actually know about the gaming industry. Saying something has been free in the past and is not as valuable for being free again is vastly different than claiming it to be shovelware.

Please learn to use language properly after self reflection before posting. Perhaps it might tide some of the ill tendered communication you seem to have troubles with.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For some reason I got an alert telling me that one of my posts has been quoted. The thing is... I have no posts here. Weird.
I edited out a stray quote after chain quoting a few people. Sorry. It's actually quite amusing it managed to grab it, or at least not get rid of it.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow... what a bunch of picky beggars in this thread. These games are bad? Hopefully you are trolling.

Anyway, ignore them. Most games are worth picking up.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still just curious what platform the games are on. Are they steam codes or gog? With the info they have, it could even be for console (as unlikely as that is), they arent being specific.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Im still just curious what platform the games are on. Are they steam codes or gog? With the info they have, it could even be for console (as unlikely as that is), they arent being specific.
All the "free" game given by Twitch Prime are only available on the Twitch launcher. They're not Steam or GOG codes, they're Twitch's own store codes.

https://app.twitch.tv/download

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro