TX Announces SX OS v1.9 with more v6.0 support and 'Update SX OS' feature via Switch

Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to their SX OS. Check out the latest changes below with their new v1.9 update:

SX19.jpg

For one they have finally added one of the top requested items, 'Auto-Update', so you can now finally check for and directly update your 'boot.dat' (the SX OS core) right from the ease of your Switch console, no more ejecting the MicroSD and copying over the new file on your PC/MAC and at the same time they have also improved both the FTP and upcoming v6.0 support for when Nintendo finally does roll-out the new firmware. :)

While we're all still waiting for Nintendo to release the much anticipated 6.0 firmware officially, we decided to do another SX OS update with some useful and exciting fixes and changes.

Our v1.8 release had an issue for the early adopters of firmware 6.0 where the web applet would crash. This has now been resolved!

We also have some good news for the users of the builtin FTP server: stability and speed of the FTP functionality has been improved.

One request we've been getting a lot since the start of our continuous stream of SX OS updates is a method for updating SX OS from within SX OS itself; saving you the hassle of having to swap your microSD out and into the switch all the time whenever we bring something new to the table. Good news! This will be the last time that procedure is needed!

With SX OS v1.9 we introduce our brand new "Update SX OS" functionality. This can be invoked from the menu by selecting "Update SX OS" in the "OPTIONS" tab. This will perform an OTA (Over-The-Air) update using the WiFi connection configured on your switch. If any new updates are found you will be prompted to install them. Enjoy!

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. Have a wonderful day!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

alienware777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I was telling my staff, but I'd like to have it the other way. I don't want to reduce exposure, I'd like to give everyone the same level of exposure instead. We are trying to get our magazine staff to increase coverage of scene projects such as emulators, homebrew, translations, and all others. This will especially be meaningful now that we have been officially accepted as a news source in Google News :) would be neat to see an article about your homebrew project in Google News, wouldn't it?

Congrats on google news! Just please don't do it like maxconsole does. They push news stories for new members. Like there was always a stupid 'x has joined the forum' almost every time I reload my news page. I had to go through google settings and remove interest in them. Still scared to go to the webpage in case google thinks I'm interested again...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
We have always asked for project contributors to create user submitted news threads for announcements that we could promote to our home page, but not a lot of people are doing that. We're going to take matters into our own hands and create those articles ourselves starting soon :)
Sounds promising if true. It would be nice to see legitimate community contributions being promoted, rather than what's been the exclusive as of late. Otherwise, would it hurt to monitor the specifics of said content when they're flagged for review? As in, when SX OS releases updates three times in a week that do jack shit that's news-worthy, maybe skip out until its something worth reporting on, like a feature that hasn't existed elsewhere for weeks? Rather than report on their re-implementations, we could see articles reporting on the source of said features.

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote
Reactions: kornjaca200

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Come on guys like, come on.

Just come on.

Come on...

If you want to bitch about TX go here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gpl-101-atmosphere-and-sx-os.511312/

Please stay on topic. This includes SX OS 1.7 and 1.8, and support for using them. It does not include:
  • Whether SX is better or worse than something else
  • Whether SX is good or bad objectively
  • Whether code was stolen/GPL/licensing issues
  • Piracy ethics
There are other places to talk about these where it is on topic. Thank you.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When atmosphere releases though, will we have a new thread for every release? Also i haven't paid close attention does hekate get front paged? I assume not because it sticks in one thread. I hope atmosphere has one master thread.

These minor tx updates are interesting, but when it comes to keeping up with all the good snarky comments bouncing between threads is tiresome. Also I'm pretty sure the source link is always same. The dude who makes these threads doesn't even make a new thread every time on his own site. He actually has the thread neatly categorized dating back to the January announcement.

However i digress, because this is team xecuter after all and they have been rocking the switch since 2018. These updates are the culmination of years of experience in console hacking. These guys have the top, top of the line equipment. They have Scopes that can install mod chips on an atomic level. And due to these absolute scene veterans from back in the xbox days which frankly no one is respecting enough and makes me sick. Anyways I'm still digressing, team xecuter deserves two threads for every bug fix.

Reactions: crissal and MachRc

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what I was telling my staff, but I'd like to have it the other way. I don't want to reduce exposure, I'd like to give everyone the same level of exposure instead. We are trying to get our magazine staff to increase coverage of scene projects such as emulators, homebrew, translations, and all others. This will especially be meaningful now that we have been officially accepted as a news source in Google News :) would be neat to see an article about your homebrew project in Google News, wouldn't it?
Hope so, I'm sick of seeing all the other news outlets just copy what they read here and regurgitate it in their columns and get paid for it.

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Im. Sure 6.0.0 will come Out tomorrow after the direct but i will stay appart till a 2.0 or 2.1 sx os comes out with maybe, real 6.0.0 support

SomeKindOfUsername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find anything useful, constructive or good for the community in those endless criticisms. There should be one thread dedicated to complaints, conspiracy theories, say they just copy paste code, shit talk ect .. It's like haters aren't able to respect users who just want to share useful information about a product without going through 10 pages of garbage.
You're free to bury your head in the sand and think this way. Just don't be surprised if in the future nobody steps up to provide CFW solutions after how this scene has treated the people doing most of the leg work.

Reactions: alantgw

BuriA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
gonna stick with 1.6 until 6.0 arrives and the need for update is eminent. 2.0 will arrive soon with more features. gonna wait for it.

Reactions: WiiuGold

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Congrats on google news! Just please don't do it like maxconsole does. They push news stories for new members. Like there was always a stupid 'x has joined the forum' almost every time I reload my news page. I had to go through google settings and remove interest in them. Still scared to go to the webpage in case google thinks I'm interested again...
Not sure where you getting that from, we have not applied for google news or use them, and have no 'push notices' or anything like 'x has joined the forum' - (This is off-topic, so if you have issues, please contact me from PM.)

Aerogems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that they have OTA updates, about the only thing left is being able to boot into SX OS without removing it from the dock. I also wouldn't mind emuNAND, but I can live without that for the time being.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like at this point they have some big features like emuNAND and are just pumping out tiny updates so that they can put a significant 2.0 update.
Probably v3.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just got back into the Switch Hacking scene!
This is nice to hear about garyopa! I hear SX OS is expensive though, how much is it for this?
"Welcome stranger, Ahhh I'll buy it at a high price"

Reactions: Jonna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu