TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

TX is back with a major update to your favorite SX Installer app.
And with the release of v2.0.0 that means a lot of very nice new features.

SXInstaller200.jpg

It has been a while since SX Installer was updated, but earlier today TX released v2.0.0 which brings with it a number of nice improvements as you can see in their changelog below, and one of the amazing new features is that you can now upgrade and downgrade your Switch firmware with ease and safety, as simple as installing a NSP game on your Switch!
  • Added XCI installation
  • Added on-the-fly standard crypto install
  • Standard crypto conversion hard drops minimum firmware requirement
  • Added socket.json for fine tuning socket settings
  • Added system firmware version check before installing
  • Added google drive directory and file support
  • Plugging in USB cable without SX Server no longer hangs SX Installer
  • Added ability to reset minimum version nag in the application record.
  • Fixed an out of memory crash.
  • Added stability for 8.1.0 firmware.
  • Improved Korean Translations.
  • Added firmware installation.
  • Added dropbox support. url syntax: dropbox:/token:here@/
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes..
  • Enabled compression on database files.
  • Added hosts for custom host entries.
  • Fixed game launching.
  • Improved stability.
  • Added ability to install save game at time of install.
    (unzips titleid.zip in the NSP to the games save)
  • Added ability to install save games from zip files.
    (title id must be in brackets i.e. "doom fix [010018900DD00000].zip)"
  • Fixed error installing certain titles over USB.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: top grammer line correction

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch to atmosphere and enjoy sys clk, dock mode graphics on handheld, auto inject payload when crash. There are no reason to stick with SX

Let's just pretend playing games from external hard drive is not a thing. I'm closing my eyes and pretending and now.....you're right there's no reason to stick with SX.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want is a SX OS update... I only use this installer to delete files from the mSD... hope they add OC support soon to SX OS and other missing features, and I specially would want a way to see temps+clocks of the SOC and maybe even fan speed control...

leo-balaskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello my setup was:

latest 2.8 sx os
emunand 7.0.1
sysnand 5.0.1

sd card is exfat - AutoRCM is enabled.

I did an emunand 7.0.1 Update to 8.1.0 by sx installer 2.0 and downloaded firmware here
https://repo.xecuter.rocks/fwpacks/

now the emunand is no longer booting (black screen) is there any way to fix this? what did i do wrong?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello my setup was:

latest 2.8 sx os
emunand 7.0.1
sysnand 5.0.1

sd card is exfat - AutoRCM is enabled.

I did an emunand 7.0.1 Update to 8.1.0 by sx installer 2.0 and downloaded firmware here
https://repo.xecuter.rocks/fwpacks/

now the emunand is no longer booting (black screen) is there any way to fix this? what did i do wrong?

exfat is what you did wrong.

exfat + homebrew = corruption

You've most likely lost everything on your sd card.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i need fat32? but is there not a 4gb file limitation?
so what can i do now to save my emunand / and or my savegames?

Your savegames are on your internal nand so they should be fine.

Everything else on the sd card is probably gone lost forever. The only thing you can do is try to copy everything on your sd card to your computer, format to Fat32 and copy everything back see if they work if they don't they're just gone due to corruption.

I feel like there needs to be a sticky that everyone needs to read if they're going to use switch cfw. There are ways around the 4 gb limitations. The easiest way since you're using sx os is just have a hard drive that's formatted to exfat and you can keep your games on it and you can either play the games off the hard drive if docked or if you want to install them with sx installer to your sd card. There is no 4 gb limit on your sd card even using fat32 if you do that. If you don't have a hard drive you can use then you just have to learn how to usb install your games from your computer with your usb type c cable which also bypasses the 4 gb limit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I just read that you updated and are getting a black screen, so maybe it's not corrupt. Try to update to latest sx os 2.8 beta if you're not already? Even if you're not corrupt i would change to fat32 anyway because you could get corruption at anytime and lose everything on your sd card using exfat it's just not worth it.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX has been so boring lately. I want to see them do something new, something big damnit.

They were making moves last year but nothing at all here.

Reactions: guily6669

leo-balaskas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Everything else on the sd card is probably gone lost forever. The only thing you can do is try to copy everything on your sd card to your computer, format to Fat32 and copy everything back see if they work if they don't they're just gone due to corruption.

I feel like there needs to be a sticky that everyone needs to read if they're going to use switch cfw. There are ways around the 4 gb limitations. The easiest way since you're using sx os is just have a hard drive that's formatted to exfat and you can keep your games on it and you can either play the games off the hard drive if docked or if you want to install them with sx installer to your sd card. There is no 4 gb limit on your sd card even using fat32 if you do that.

okay thank you - this will take some time but i will try this.

but are you sure that all data on the sd card is damaged? because i can boot into

I feel like there needs to be a sticky that everyone needs to read if they're going to use switch cfw. There are ways around the 4 gb limitations. The easiest way since you're using sx os is just have a hard drive that's formatted to exfat and you can keep your games on it and you can either play the games off the hard drive if docked or if you want to install them with sx installer to your sd card. There is no 4 gb limit on your sd card even using fat32 if you do that. If you don't have a hard drive you can use then you just have to learn how to usb install your games from your computer with your usb type c cable which also bypasses the 4 gb limit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I just read that you updated and are getting a black screen, so maybe it's not corrupt. Try to update to latest sx os 2.8 beta if you're not already? Even if you're not corrupt i would change to fat32 anyway because you could get corruption at anytime and lose everything on your sd card using exfat it's just not worth it.

i am not sure if it is corrupt. i copied emunand to a new fat32 sd card but still the black screen.
i can boot into cfw and original firmware with no problem- but emunand now stays on black screen on both exfat and fat32 card.

im on sx os 2.8 beta downloaded from the homepage. the emunand was updated to 8.1.0 with the new sx installer method.

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
After try everything. I reach a solution: Download the 1.52 version and update to 2.00. DON'T open this version. Connect to a WiFi and then, open the app. This works for me to update to 8.1.0

D

Deleted User

This is great for people who want to add support to their homebrew on lower firmware.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't personally recommend it because it requires a payload everytime. Which is inconvenient for me because i don't have a dongle.

Why would your personal circumstances be relevant to your recommendations to other people?

I would still recommend a dongle + autorcm as the most convenient solution, even if I had chosen to inconvenience myself by using something else to deploy the payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...