• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just gonna ignore any nuance questions? I am honestly afraid for any women in your life. You seem like an extremely unhappy, unhinged, and controlling person that treats women like property
And you seem like an extremely unhappy, unhinged, and controlling person that treats human life as an inconvenience that must die when you want it to.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how human sexuality works.
I do. You probably don't, as with most things, that might be the problem here.

Irony, this faith has a lot of baby killing in its pages. I think I'm cool not being a part of your cult.
Only the sinners who rebelled against God as punishment. But humans are more free to make our own choices nowadays, and we should choose to preserve life rather than destroy it. The leftist cult has killed over 62 million abortions, most of them being black babies, since Roe v. Wade was established so I'm glad I'm not part of the satanic leftist cult.
"Things conservatives say for $100, Alex."

Chalk it up with other conservative greatest hits like "I don't know what medical freedom means." and "Fathers absoultely have rights to what happens, but the mothers do not."

You are insane. You want government to have control, I do not, yet I'm the one not believing in freedoms. :lol: That's about as fucking stupid as it can get.
I'm insane because I see you for what you are, evil and sad. Okay. You don't believe in freedoms, moron.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, thank you for speaking to me like a human being.

I suspect I need to do some more research on this, and not just jump in like I usually do. This probably will have more gravity than any of us realize, and we need to realize this.

Also I'm sorry for being a dickhead earlier, it was undeserved, and I should not have done it.
No worries, this is a serious topic. It is easy to get swept up in zeal and fervor exactly because it deals with a complicated topic that alters the course of lives. It is hard to understand the nuances of something without having experienced it yourself, and... well... it seems it is all too easy to forget that abortions hurt women, too. It is never a first choice for dealing with an unwanted pregnancy, it is a last resort before something becomes so massive it alters the course of a life (or potentially two+ lives) forever. Women choose to get abortions because, after weighing all the consequences and pain against each path, it is the one they decide is best for their own health.

If you want to argue that men should get more say, well... they did the deed too. If they as partners can't convince their companion to keep the child by discourse, they've had their say but they also aren't the one dealing with the physical consequences the rest of their lives. They have a say, but they shouldn't get to demand someone else be burdened with their choice and repercussions without feeling any themselves. It isn't their bodies being stretched, squished, contorted, and siphoned from, and it isn't their bodies that will endure the abortion and its side effects either.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No abortion should happen.
Please help me understand,
Are you insinuating that women doesn't have the right to her own life, in the event of medical issue arises? This sounds like the the life of the unborn supersede the life of a pregnant women. She may have other members of the family that needs her or her existing kids that needs their mother.
Now if the unborn has a chance of surviving outside the womb and perhaps even a healthy life, then they're other options women can take to insure survival for both herself and the baby. However, sometimes it doesn't work that way and abortion may be the only option for the women to survive.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you seem like an extremely unhappy, unhinged, and controlling person that treats human life as an inconvenience that must die when you want it to.

I'm insane because I see you for what you are, evil and sad. Okay. You don't believe in freedoms, moron.
Perhaps you should look into therapy, comrade. Insanity is serious business, and while it does seem to answer some questions we're all thinking of, nobody here wants you to endure mental and emotional anguish because of something like indoctrination and abuse. You have a problem, help is out there, and we are all proud that you've taken the first step by acknowledging that the issue is there.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of course, you walked right into my example without a sense of irony or awareness. Thanks for proving the very point I was making.
Sure you can say that and it sounds pretty cool, but that didn't happen.

The following quote sums up the mess pretty well. The majority of the thread reads like banter.

Abortion aside, Roe v. Wade was always an awful decision - it’s a ruling pulled out of a hat to get a desired effect, and a textbook example of legislating from the bench. It’s entirely based on a presumed right that’s not enumerated, and a reinterpretation of it at that. The legal foundation for the decision was shaky from day one, it’s an extremely bizarre take on the right to privacy that would have ridiculous implications when applied to any other context. If a right to have an abortion is supposed to be entrenched in law, Roe v. Wade was the dumbest way to do it.

Last edited by tabzer,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The leftists on this site fail to realize that these extreme cases are not the norm, they are rare.
Sexual assault is unfortunately rather common, with about 1 in 6 women having reported a sexual assault and many cases of higher degrees
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence
Complications during pregnancy are also not uncommon and many abortions are the result of complications. I know this won’t change your opinion but reality doesn’t match up with your opinion.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sexual assault is unfortunately rather common, with about 1 in 6 women having reported a sexual assault and many cases of higher degrees
https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims-sexual-violence
Complications during pregnancy are also not uncommon and many abortions are the result of complications. I know this won’t change your opinion but reality doesn’t match up with your opinion.
Contraception also fails literally all the time.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You literally just resorted to an “I know you are but am I!” To a comment not even directed at you, ok.

Reactions: Dakitten and Lacius

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sure you can say that and it sounds pretty cool, but that didn't happen.

The following quote sums up the mess pretty well. The majority of the thread reads like banter.
I literally don’t care what Foxi has to say because quite honestly I find his stance to just to just be “Big government is only when federal government does something” but ignores when states enact big government choices. He also seems to only hate on laws that protect people but seems to ignore ones that do actual harm.
As for what you walked into, the argument was the inconsistencies of Conservative values. Believing guns can’t be regulated in any means and fighting tooth and nail to protect them. While also believing it’s perfectly ok to make laws that limit or remove rights for women, lgbt+ people, and other groups. Couple with wanting “small government” but their only example of “small government” is a state government that still tampers with the lives of the people. Conservatives values make no sense and are extremely inconsistent.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me explain something to you. It's not just the women's life we're discussing. There's an innocent baby that did no wrong that's going to be sucked out and shredded into pieces because the parents simply don't want the child. It's also funny that all of these people wanting to force you to get a vaccine when it's your body suddenly claim the opposite and claim its the women's body and her choice.
There is no baby, only a clump of DNA. Cells. Even your own "God book" tells you 'life begins at birth', so spare us the hypocritical B.S. 🙄

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no baby, only a clump of DNA. Cells. Even your own "God book" tells you 'life begins at birth', so spare us the hypocritical B.S. 🙄
For a group of people who are so concerned with the fact that the word "abortion" doesn't appear in the Constitution, they don't seem to care that the word "abortion" doesn't appear in their Bible. :unsure:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For a group of people who are so concerned with the fact that the word "abortion" doesn't appear in the Constitution, they don't seem to care that the word "abortion" doesn't appear in their Bible. :unsure:
Nor do half the things they get bent out of shape about.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad we agree.
Whoops. I meant I don't. Responding to comments after reading like, 10 pages of insane lefties screeching gets to a person with common sense. No point in editing so I'll just correct it here.

I don't. You probably do, misunderstand that is, as with most things, that might be the problem here.

Perhaps you should look into therapy, comrade. Insanity is serious business, and while it does seem to answer some questions we're all thinking of, nobody here wants you to endure mental and emotional anguish because of something like indoctrination and abuse. You have a problem, help is out there, and we are all proud that you've taken the first step by acknowledging that the issue is there.
Get yourself therapy, because that all sounds like what you're going through and as usual, just projecting on to me. And don't call me comrade. You aren't any familiar terms to me.

You literally just resorted to an “I know you are but am I!” To a comment not even directed at you, ok.
Because, just like half the people here, you insult other and belittle others, so I decided to do it back about what you actually are. Don't complain after the fact. You wanna call someone a piece of shit? Well, I can do the same and it'll actually be true.

-snip-

Last edited by osaka35,

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Please help me understand,
Are you insinuating that women doesn't have the right to her own life, in the event of medical issue arises? This sounds like the the life of the unborn supersede the life of a pregnant women. She may have other members of the family that needs her or her existing kids that needs their mother.
Now if the unborn has a chance of surviving outside the womb and perhaps even a healthy life, then they're other options women can take to insure survival for both herself and the baby. However, sometimes it doesn't work that way and abortion may be the only option for the women to survive.

If per say the baby dies in the womb before its born then yes, it can be removed because its not alive any longer and at that point you wouldn't be performing an abortion as the child is already deceased. Though per say if the mothers health is danger, but the baby is alive then it should be born. I know this might sound harsh as it is. Life isn't all fucking roses and peaches.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If per say the baby dies in the womb before its born then yes, it can be removed because its not alive any longer and at that point you wouldn't be performing an abortion as the child is already deceased. Though per say if the mothers health is danger, but the baby is alive then it should be born. I know this might sound harsh as it is. Life isn't all fucking roses and peaches.
So literally just fuck the parent because the unborn life is more important. You literally want people to die because you've decided all unborn lives are more important, but then try to sound like you are in the moral right about it.
Because, just like half the people here, you insult other and belittle others, so I decided to do it back about what you actually are. Don't complain after the fact. You wanna call someone a piece of shit? Well, I can do the same and it'll actually be true.
Cool, so you literally just want to be part of this conversation and nothing else. I won't entertain you past this message because it seems you only want attention and I don't care to give that to you.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I literally don’t care what Foxi has to say because quite honestly I find his stance to just to just be “Big government is only when federal government does something” but ignores when states enact big government choices. He also seems to only hate on laws that protect people but seems to ignore ones that do actual harm.
As for what you walked into, the argument was the inconsistencies of Conservative values. Believing guns can’t be regulated in any means and fighting tooth and nail to protect them. While also believing it’s perfectly ok to make laws that limit or remove rights for women, lgbt+ people, and other groups. Couple with wanting “small government” but their only example of “small government” is a state government that still tampers with the lives of the people. Conservatives values make no sense and are extremely inconsistent.

I don't care about how you personally feel about foxi. It appears that you are putting more effort in rationalizing why you shouldn't read or comprehend what I quoted.

Also, there was no "argument". It was a circle jerk about your favorite boogeymen.

I don't know what you did to disable your comprehension, but the logical fallacies of ad hominems and strawman attacks aren't good for developing rationale. Everyone is hypocritical.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't care about how you personally feel about foxi. It appears that you are putting more effort in rationalizing why you shouldn't read or comprehend what I quoted.
I actually read his comment but that doesn't change what I said nor how I feel about his comments. I also explained my point and the purpose of my comment. Your personal issues with me don't change anything that I've said or the purpose behind my comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol