• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If per say the baby dies in the womb before its born then yes, it can be removed because its not alive any longer and at that point you wouldn't be performing an abortion as the child is already deceased.
What you described is an abortion. An abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
What you described is an abortion. An abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

Nope, it's not an abortion if the baby is dead. You're not aborting anything, it's already aborted. At that point your simply removing a dead baby from the mothers womb. It's about the same as a miscarriage at that point in time.

At the final stages of pregnancy, removing a baby from a dying woman can save the baby's life.

If the women is dead then its also not an abortion.

I'm talking about removing the unborn child when it's still alive while the mother is still alive.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
illegitimacy is an issue that is destroying many communities. Look at what its done to the black community. Whilst I do not think abortion on a whim is a good thing, I still think an illegitimate child brought into the world is a bad idea.

There's a generation of fatherless, disenfranchised, angry for no reason youths stabbing each other in London and its not the chinese or indian community I will say that.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that logic, a guy blowing his load is the same way.
That is why I loved Lacius' comment earlier. If guys experienced testicular torsion or something when a child was born, this thread wouldn't exist and the global population would be demolished as men begged the federal government to ban a woman's right to choose to go to term with a child against their partner's will. And that would still be a walk in the park compared to childbirth. :lol:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I actually read his comment but that doesn't change what I said nor how I feel about his comments. I also explained my point and the purpose of my comment. Your personal issues with me don't change anything that I've said or the purpose behind my comments.
This is so self-defeating. Changing what you said or why is not possible. You are using many words to communicate what silence would do better.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it's not an abortion if the baby is dead. You're not aborting anything, it's already aborted. At that point your simply removing a dead baby from the mothers womb. It's about the same as a miscarriage at that point in time.

If the women is dead then its also not an abortion.

I'm talking about removing the unborn child when it's still alive while the mother is still alive.

That, I can understand criticizing. But not everything ethically controversial can or should be outlawed. Prohibition didn't work.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
illegitimacy is an issue that is destroying many communities. Look at what its done to the black community. Whilst I do not think abortion on a whim is a good thing, I still think an illegitimate child brought into the world is a bad idea.

There's a generation of fatherless, disenfranchised, angry for no reason youths stabbing each other in London and its not the chinese or indian community I will say that.

This is why starting at a young age people should be taught not to have sex until they are prepared to handle the responsibility of raising a child or if they do have sex to take precautions, because contrary to what @Lacius is claiming birth control works really damned well.

We as a society shouldn't be making excuses for the fatherless, disenfranchised, angry for no reason youths like the liberals in the USA are doing. We should be teaching them how to act responsibly and also be responsible in our actions and what we say. It's just sad that there's around half of society that could care less about unborn life and encourages or looks the other way while its being murdered.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You should check on the definition of what an abortion is. It's the termination of a pregnancy, not the killing of a fetus or baby. The fact that the fetus cannot live without the mother's body is just a consequence of the termination of the pregnancy.

This is why starting at a young age people should be taught not to have sex until they are prepared to handle the responsibility of raising a child or if they do have sex to take precautions, because contrary to what @Lacius is claiming birth control works really damned well.

We as a society shouldn't be making excuses for the fatherless, disenfranchised, angry for no reason youths like the liberals in the USA are doing. We should be teaching them how to act responsibly and also be responsible in our actions and what we say. It's just sad that there's around half of society that could care less about unborn life and encourages or looks the other way while its being murdered.
Birth control works very well, but it isn't 100% effective, we are a country of 329.5 million people in the USA, and we have a lot of sex.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
That, I can understand criticizing. But not everything ethically controversial can or should be outlawed. Prohibition didn't work.

I'm not a fan of making new laws either. The left and the right have this attitude where if they dislike something they think there should be a law forcing others to comply with their wishes and how they think. As an independent I don't think we need laws for every single action that someone might do.

I think as a society we should teach kids starting at a young age to be responsible and live responsibility ourselves. Yes, you'll have a few who refuse, but if the majority are living responsibly then there would be less abortions and no need to create laws. I am at no point advocating that new laws are created.

I think many laws we have now need to be rescinded. Ask yourself "what isn't regulated" and try to come up with something. I'm guessing you'd start with air, water or sunlight. Wrong, think again.

You should check on the definition of what an abortion is. It's the termination of a pregnancy, not the killing of a fetus or baby. The fact that the fetus cannot live without the mother's body is just a consequence of the termination of the pregnancy.

If the baby is dead the pregnancy has already been terminated.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I checked the list of the 25 most wanted in Britain and almost everyone's white, more than half is british.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

I would prefer alternatives to abortion where practical. Wider access to counseling, birth control, and adoption, should be discussed much more than they are.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country

Agreed on all points. Don't worry, I don't pay attention to lucius. He sounds like the sort of american you mentioned.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have learned over the years, birth control isn't 100% effective. Same was wrapping your burrito with a condom.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
*should be taught consent, sexual biology, how to practice safe sex, and how to go about family planning

I agree with your reply, but you cut my sentence in half.

I stated; "This is why starting at a young age people should be taught not to have sex until they are prepared to handle the responsibility of raising a child or if they do have sex to take precautions, because contrary to what @Lacius is claiming birth control works really damned well."

Being prepared to handle raising a child would entail all of what you mentioned. I completely agree that education is a key factor in whether or not people have abortions and we shouldn't be allowing the leftist liberals to be encouraging them like they are a simple trip to the supermarket.

From what I have learned over the years, birth control isn't 100% effective. Same was wrapping your burrito with a condom.

Birth control is very effective, but yes it's not 100% effective. The pill is 99% effective, condoms are 98% effective. If you combine the pill and a condom though you're relatively safe. As for more permanent solutions a male vasectomy is nearly 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. A female vasectomy is also a reliable form of birth control. It’s also almost 100% effective at preventing pregnancy. IUDs and tubal ligation have similar effectiveness. However, only abstinence is 100% effective.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/p...ific-southwest/blog/12-types-of-birth-control

• Haha
Reactions: Stone_Wings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been