uLaunch - custom, open source Nintendo Switch HOME menu reimplementation

uLaunch

uLaunch is a custom, open-source Nintendo Switch HOME menu replacement/reimplementation!

screenshot.jpg

This isn't some kind of HOME menu extension, injection, patch, etc.: uLaunch is an entire reimplementation (of key components), 100% open-source!

Let uLaunch be the HOME menu Nintendo never bothered to make!

Last edited by XorTroll,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
He ain't trolling, sadly. Telemetry reports titles the user has played, and if N notices you have played flog (something which would be technically impossible) is probably a guaranteed ban.
As HOME menu I know I'm killing a big part of N's telemetry since HOME menu took care or play reports (not sure if something else does too), but ban risk is there.

This is why that option is disabled by default and uLaunch warns of ban risk.
In that case, maybe an option to select a custom app?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sxos saying "This funcionality has been disabled" when my switch starts

Github said:
which also takes over eShop and Parental control applets and flog system title (all of them are pretty much useless with this reimpl) for its extended functionality.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since this uses less memory than qlaunch, does this mean we can use more sysmodules together since there is more memory available?
That's what I'm hoping for too.
XorTroll already answered this in the negative, but in more positive related news, an upcoming release of atmosphere (I'd say the next release, but who knows, life is full of surprises) will make an extra ~10MB available for sysmodules - which is quite a lot.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this also gets implemented with Atomsphere and Kosmos.:D
I'd guess atmosphere wouldn't include it in their official releases as they'd probably consider it out of scope (it's still of course available for every atmos user to install if they want). I think discussions are going on with the kosmos devs, IDK what they'll decide.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've been using this for a bit and there's a few problems
1. lack of some features.

Other then that everything is amazing and I prefer this over the default any day :wub:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1