Hacking uLOADER 1.6 - usb loader with USB support!!!

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I use Audacity 1.2.6

PM me your song
wink.gif

M tha MaN

Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Now that cIOS 222 and 223 are IOS 38 based, can i still use Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 14 and hermes cIOS at the same time ??

Well not at the same time but just having both installed, or is Waninkoko's cIOs now affected when installing Hermes 'cIOS ??

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M tha MaN said:
Now that cIOS 222 and 223 are IOS 38 based, can i still use Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 14 and hermes cIOS at the same time ??

Well not at the same time but just having both installed, or is Waninkoko's cIOs now affected when installing Hermes 'cIOS ??

Of course. The cIOS (both of them) are BASED on IOS38. In easy terms, they use parts of IOS38 inside of IOS249 or IOS222/223 (Hermes). They don't actually modify your IOS38. I think there's a lot of confusion there...

josete2k: PM sent
wink.gif

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Jhonyb said:
Is there a way to copy the .ISO directly to the HDD ? or do i have to install always via DVD ?

You can use wbfs_win.exe...

zektor I sent you a new ogg.... tested and worrking....
rolleyes.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
zektor said:
I just wish the game menu moved a *little* bit faster

The game menu is a little slow, but you get ALL PNG at the same time... other loaders spend much more time reading SD (or USB) to show the covers...

Think on it!

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
josete2k said:
zektor said:
I just wish the game menu moved a *little* bit faster

The game menu is a little slow, but you get ALL PNG at the same time... other loaders spend much more time reading SD (or USB) to show the covers...

Think on it!

Actually, if you take a look at something like CFG USB Loader, the loading from SD is almost instantaneous....and we are talking larger full covers as well. Where are the png files stored on the HD? Are they injected into the games themselves or do they reside elsewhere? I could imagine that it could be sped up significantly. Maybe I'll look at the source when I have some free time and see if I can tweak it a bit.

Don't get me wrong, it is not a deal breaker. The loader is simple and does what it does extremely well. It is just that when you have 17 pages it can take some time to navigate to a specific game. Not that big of a deal tho
smile.gif

I received your PM. I'll try the new ogg later tonight after my WBFS drive is done performing some tasks. Out of curiosity, what did you do to it? Re-encode with audacity? I'll report my result shortly. Thanks again man!

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
zektor said:
ThinkI received your PM. I'll try the new ogg later tonight after my WBFS drive is done performing some tasks. Out of curiosity, what did you do to it? Re-encode with audacity?

Only one answer: YES, I re-encode your file with Audacity.

I updated channels with one little change: logo is red in forwarder and grey in full channel now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2zgfiynyht

See you!

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all

josete2k I will like to ask how difficult will be to use mp3 files instead of the ogg files?
The guys from CFG loader are using just mp3s and works .
Just and idea,let Me know what do You think?
Thanks for the new channels.
Rem

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi josete2k,

I tested the ogg you sent back in PM and it still does not work. I even tested the bg_music.ogg (located in the resources folder, renamed to "music.ogg") and even THAT does not work.

If I have the music.ogg in place where it should be on the SD card the built in background music of the loader does not play...which tells me that the loader does *see* the music.ogg in the folder. But, the music.ogg does not play. If it is in the folder I get no music at all, if it is removed I obviously get the built in music of the loader.

What can the problem be? Like I said, if I use Hermes original version and a music.mod, that works just fine. I even tried different SD cards with your mod, but I just cannot get ogg files to play
frown.gif

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very strange...

I was trying to use audioplayer.c(asndlib 1.2) instead oggplayer.c(asndlin 1.1) in order to add mp3 support and maybe fix these problems... but Hermes told me that play large files from SD can cause issues (OGG or MOD files), especially if you are installing a game.

On the other hand, a new dol with volume control can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjjydtztqrm

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh well. Guess no OGG playback for me. Odd that it works for some people tho. I just don't get it...

At least the original release with the module playback works. I can still add some nice Amiga mods to play. But, I do like your mods to the loader...

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all

Hey josete2k can the loader be set to look for the mp3 files from the USB HD,instead of the SD card?
I have a FAt partition in My HD and the files can run from there.
If You add the file support for the mp3 files I can test this for You.
Volume control works really good.
Thanks
Rem

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just a question.I have uLoader 3.0B currently running with no problems at all.But,is there an option for an automatic update via internet?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
Just a question.I have uLoader 3.0B currently running with no problems at all.But,is there an option for an automatic update via internet?

No. The updates usually come with an updated cIOS (as far as I have seen), so when it gets updated, you'd want to download the whole package off the net with a PC so that you can keep the cIOS up to date as well. The loader does not get updated as often as other loaders, but for the most part it really doesn't need it..

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice one! Thanks josete2k!

Question tho:

Your previous mod had a much nicer "Loading" font. Can you change it back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw bc my sup m3 is dead im gonna use its sd card to mod my dsi