Hacking uLOADER 1.6 - usb loader with USB support!!!

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having a slight problem with the modified and original 3.0C/3.0B loader and it's driving me nuts!
wacko.gif

Whenever I want to load a game from the 2nd partition of the WBFS drive, I can't load games using Waninikoko's 249 UNLESS I have the same copy of the game in the 1st partition. It's so weird. 222/223 doesn't have this issue. I've even formatted everrything and recopied everything but to no avail.

Any ideas what's wrong? thanks!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i believe hermes is the only dev actively creating new CIOS's, has he made any mention of adding SDHC support for games that can utilize it - i.e. Beatles RB and GH5?

ade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know is Hermes cIOS 222 will install on a 4.2 system? Or does Ninty's 222 stub need removing first? If Ninty's stub needs removing does anyone know how?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
uLoader 3.1 By Hermes

Code:
- Improvement in the EHCI driver for devices that give errors when accessing LUN 0 as required prior to the call GetMaxLun. If version 3.0 gave you error -121, try this (remember to delete or rename sd: / apps / uloader / ehcmodule.elf not to interfere)

- New support for using the DVD launch uLoader engine with support for alternative DOL: The options are not stored in this case, so it must be adjusted every time you launch.

To enter the mode, can be done in two ways: enter without any attached USB device and press the '2 'when you get the screen that warns of the absence of device (so you can not go to the USB charger). The other way is to select the icon 'DVD' in the game selection screen in the upper-right corner (in this mode can return to the USB charger)

How to use DVD loader

The mechanism is simple: to enter the DVD mode, insert the disk into (if not already) and wait several seconds until you see the game title (if an error is displayed and stop the rotation of the disk on the screen). Select the CIOs, proper video mode, language, etc., adjusting the settings and select the alternative DOL if necessary (these settings are not remembered from the DVD mode) and proceed to launch the game as usual.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Does it mean 3.1 supports disc backups with choices of 222/223/249 cios loading?

That is what it looks like to me, right? I'm off to test!

EDIT: Confirmed! uLoader now supports disc backups as well! This is a pretty bug development. It marks the first time any loader utilized cIOS222/223 to boot disc backups!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Bloodlust said:
Does it mean 3.1 supports disc backups with choices of 222/223/249 cios loading?

EDIT: Confirmed! uLoader now supports disc backups as well! This is a pretty bug development. It marks the first time any loader utilized cIOS222/223 to boot disc backups!
SoftChip could do that if you chose to use that IOS in the settings. And I'm sure there are other loaders...

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all

Well, tested the DVD mode and works really nice ,in My case just put the disc,select the DVD icon and launch the game. Really nice feature. Great work !!!

Rem

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
zektor said:
Bloodlust said:

SoftChip could do that if you chose to use that IOS in the settings. And I'm sure there are other loaders...

Actually, no, it can't. Softchip will allow you to select 222/223 yes, but it errors out when it tries to load. Trust me, tried that a long time ago....as well as with the latest r100 release
smile.gif
As for other loaders...there's really only that and Gamma/Neogamma. Even the latest Neogamma only supports 249. So yeah, uLoader is for now the only loader that can actually successfully use 222/223 for disc based loading operations.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Arm the Homeless said:
zektor said:
Bloodlust said:

Actually, no, it can't. Softchip will allow you to select 222/223 yes, but it errors out when it tries to load. Trust me, tried that a long time ago....as well as with the latest r100 release
smile.gif
As for other loaders...there's really only that and Gamma/Neogamma. Even the latest Neogamma only supports 249. So yeah, uLoader is for now the only loader that can actually successfully use 222/223 for disc based loading operations.

I've been loading disc backups in USB Loader GX with cIOS 222 for about two weeks now.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
zektor said:
Bloodlust said:

If it's a pretty "buggy" development then "screw" it
rolleyes.gif
(heh..)

Anyway, this is good news. Backups like monster hunter 3, GH5 does not require a specific IOS now? (Like ios55/56)

Posts merged

0ld8oy said:
zektor said:
Arm the Homeless said:
zektor said:
QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Oct 10 2009, 01:54 PM)

smile.gif

I've been loading disc backups in USB Loader GX with cIOS 222 for about two weeks now.

I am referring to discs not ISOs. Unless I never noticed that GX supports disc reading..

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO! what do you think cIOS 249 was doing before USB stuff was added to it in rev9? All cIOS are based off 36 or 38. So both boot games. And yes, that button in USB loader GX that looks like a dvd does, in fact, mount the DVD drive.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
0ld8oy said:
Bloodlust said:
0ld8oy said:

I am referring to discs not ISOs. Unless I never noticed that GX supports disc reading..

GX has supported disc reading for the last 20 revisions.

My bad. Because of the frequent updates I missed out on a lot of developments. But IMO, I believe Uloader can handle cios 222/223 more efficiently than GX.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more efficient in what way? the program itself is handled by the wii processor. the only time uloader or GX even talk to the ios is when they ask what games are on the drive or tell the drive what game they are about to boot. 1 line of code, (measured in milliseconds). or install a game, which nobody ever does because they download them all. also SD access, but again, milliseconds. once the ios has been told what game it is to be booted, the loader runs its apploader (pretty much the same thing in every loader). from then on it would be THE GAME and THE WII that has the ability to "handle" the ios efficiently. so this efficiency you are experiencing is either made up or hallucinated.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad. I haven't tested GX in awhile and didn;t realize it had this feature.

Also, I meant to say "big development", not "bug"
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC