Hacking uLOADER 1.6 - usb loader with USB support!!!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just gave this loader a trial run for the first time and I must say I'm impressed. Deadly creatures run under cios222 without the need of a disc (GX throws me back to the SM even under 222)

002+anti 002 fix built in + cios222 runs games like indy, burger island without having the hassle to enable it manually.

The interface isn't exactly top notch but hell GX introduces new bugs every time a new built is released. Not that GX sucks but there's too much eye candy sacrificing stability.

BTW, what does "IOS skip" mean? Is it block IOS reload so that games like HOTD2&3's HOTD2 can be played now?

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Bloodlust said:
Just gave this loader a trial run for the first time and I must say I'm impressed. Deadly creatures run under cios222 without the need of a disc (GX throws me back to the SM even under 222)

002+anti 002 fix built in + cios222 runs games like indy, burger island without having the hassle to enable it manually.

The interface isn't exactly top notch but hell GX introduces new bugs every time a new built is released. Not that GX sucks but there's too much eye candy sacrificing stability.

BTW, what does "IOS skip" mean? Is it block IOS reload so that games like HOTD2&3's HOTD2 can be played now?

i want to know it.

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not had a chance to try uloader 2.5 because the kids won't let me near the Wii since it got a drive. The Spanish forum said something about incompatible cIOS. The cIOS installer meta.xml says Vn 1.6 as it has done since uloader 1.7 thus I have not re-installed since uloader 1.7. Do I need to re-install ? If yes, can I use the new cIOS with an older uloader ?

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
cIOS is the same from 1.6 to 2.5b...

You don´t need to upgrade cIOs because dip_plugin is in the loader not in the cIOS.

This feature lets you to update dip_plugin (needed for backup loaders) or ehcmodule (USB driver) without the need to update the cIOS.

Waninkoko´s cIOS has dip_plugin and ehcmodule inside.

News about 2.6: a new cIOS_installer will be released because Hermes found a new system to reduce random lockups of USB devices if the network is enabled.

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Well got the issue of the games fix. Now I will like to get some covers,but the icons for adding and deleting the covers is not available in version 2.5b that I got right now.All of the other icons work except those two.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install a USB loader on my LU64 V4U Wii.

I've tried Configurable USB, CoverFloader and USB Loader GX, none of them will see the USB Drive.

I've tried both USB ports, still nothing.

I've tried a raw unformulated drive, a FAT32 drive and a WBFS formatted drive done thru WBFS Manager on my PC.

I've tried a WD 500GB MyBook (which is on the compatibility list I saw somewhere) and a USB jump drive.

Do the USB ports need to be activated or something?

I'm pretty sure the ports work, I'm using one of them to charge my rechargeable Wiimotes.

I know both of the drives I tried work, because I use them all the time.

I tried cIOS 222 and Uloader (by Hermes).

cIOS 222 seemed to install properly, but Uloader just hangs on a black screen when I try to install it.

I don't have everything in front of me, but during the installation of cIOS 22 (I think) it asked if I wanted to attach it to 249 or something like that, I wasn't sure about that step, but since that was the default it's the on I went with.

Was this wrong?

Any ideas or suggestions?
cry.gif

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 - I'm having the same problem. Once I install Hermes cIOS, all of my loaders (usb and disk) simply hang on a black screen upon execution.

I have a LU64+ Wii as well. I'm thinking it's just a compatibility issue. Not sure why though, but the custom IOS seems to only work on older Wiis.

Just reinstall cIOS38 13rb and everything should work again. If you're using USB Loader GX, I've had to delete the config file before it works again.

Hopefully someone will see this issue and possibly figure out a workaround for us on LU64+ Wiis.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
Sacohen9665 - I'm having the same problem. Once I install Hermes cIOS, all of my loaders (usb and disk) simply hang on a black screen upon execution.

Uloader is the only one that hangs, CoverFloader and USB Loader GX will try to find the USB drive and then just time out. I can see tehm counting down from 30 on the TV screen.

Deviyl said:
Just reinstall cIOS38 13rb and everything should work again. If you're using USB Loader GX, I've had to delete the config file before it works again.

Where is the config file stored? I doubt it's there since I never even got the loader set up and working.

QUOTE(Deviyl @ Jul 16 2009, 12:56 PM)
Hopefully someone will see this issue and possibly figure out a workaround for us on LU64+ Wiis.
I hope so too, this is frustrating.

Thanks;

Steve.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
josete2k said:
News about 2.6: a new cIOS_installer will be released because Hermes found a new system to reduce random lockups of USB devices if the network is enabled.
Does this fix only apply to uLoader or anything that uses Hermes' cIOS? I am trying to figure out why I get random lockups using 223 on USB Loader GX.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the wii (or USB Loader more precisely) recognize a drive even if it is not formatted WBFS?

I have another USB drive that I want to try, but I would like to see if it is even seen before I format it.

If I'm not mistaken, like any OS it should see it ans and if I want to format it.

Thanks;

Steve

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always plug it in and try it out. I know in USB Loader GX if it can be recognized it will prompt you to format it to WBFS when you boot the loader. It might help to make sure that the drive is already formatted to FAT32 before formatting to WBFS.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ulologo.png

Version 2.7 (probably final release)

NOTE: needs cIOS 222-223 v3 (from 2.6). Use the cIOS installer if the uloader require it

1) Copy "apps" folder to your SD

2) Launch cIOS 222 Installer aplicaction. Remenber you it is a different version to use with uLoader.
You have the possibility to install cIOS 202 (homebrew), cIOS 222 (uloader)and cIOS 223 (uLoader Alternative)

NOTE: Now in the new installer you can select the IOS used to install the cIOS. Remember you the cIOS is the same from the uLoader 2.6
wink.gif

This cIOS don´t includes the ehcmodule or dip_plugin: it is loaded externally using the new dev/mload method and uses an IOS 36, 37, 38 or 60 base (merged with IOS 36)

3) Plug your USB device on port 0 (port 0 is down, port 1 is reserved for others USB devices working from OHCI module.
You can use it as power supply for 2.5'' HDDs. (Rockband for example, needs IOS37 base merged with IOS36)

4) Run uLoader 2.7

The new in uLoader 2.7:

- Support for SD and USB FAT/FAT32: Now you can use cheats codes and loads alternative .dol from the USB 2.0 device
(FAT partition is required)

- Added alternative dol loader (new method in 2.8!) for games as Red Steel and othrers (see readme.txt) , new error 002 patch and videomode autodetection patch (for PAL2NTSC, NTSC2PAL and NTSC2PAL60 (use F. PAL60 for this))

- You can load differents ehcmodule.elf from sd:/apps/uloader/

- Parental control added: by default the password is 00000 (the last 0 is the 'ENTER', so you can program as new password as XXXX0 ). You can change it from special menu pressing HOME. You can exits from the password box pressing B.

Parental control list the last 8 games launched with date/time, enables the password box and fix a new password. Now 00000 disables the Parental Control

- Support for covers ( tiny_ehci_glue.c

The patch for dip/es is not necessary for hombrew, but it only is a bypass way to connect with external dip_plugin anddo not includes modules or binary files

Added a example/ Starlet módule to use FAT/FAT32 for log messages or to create/open files in the SD memory

Download

Original release by Hermes: http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v2.7.rar

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
josete2k do I need to removed the old version of uLoader ? Or will just install on top of the old one?

Thanks

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, I am currently using cios 222+223 which is an offline install from the below post I quoted. Is it absolutely necessary to uninstall and use the 222-223 v3 from 2.6 for the latest 2.7?

josete2k said:
ulologo.png

Version 2.7 (probably final release)

NOTE: needs cIOS 222-223 v3 (from 2.6). Use the cIOS installer if the uloader require it

Here it is, i've made an offline version of Hermes-Installer, includes WADs:

[EDIT V2: Fixed missing IOS 202/222 files, now it works with all versions, please redownload the package!]
< *removed - cios wads are not allowed* >

Unpack the files to the root of your SD. Use Offline-Installer-DOL from HBC or install included WADs with Wad-Manager (not included).

For DOL-Installation, use the following settings:

- IOS 202 --> using IOS 36
- IOS 222 --> using IOS 36
- IOS 223 --> using IOS 37 merged with IOS 36

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
Unpack the files to the root of your SD. Use Offline-Installer-DOL from HBC or install included WADs with Wad-Manager (not included).
and the Nintendo files are illegal, remove them or face ban.

LOL.. my mistake but just FYI the links were direct from gbatemp as well so don't blame me if I overlooked it...
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM