Tutorial  Updated

Ultimate Hacking Guide - A Work in Progress

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This guide that is written is all thanks to the website https://switch.homebrew.guide/ for it is from there that the base of this knowledge comes from and then some. If you are tech savvy then by all means, ignore this guide and head straight there, or you may just learn something new from me. I can't guarantee that...

THIS GUIDE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
THIS GUIDE IS ONLY MEANT FOR NOOBZ.

-

ANY OTHER KIND OF PERSON MUST REFER TO THE ALREADY AVAILABLE GUIDES OF:

OR MORE SIMPLER,

THIS GUIDE HERE.

Useful Links

https://sdsetup.com/ - To prepare your microSD card with files.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/ - To format your microSD card anytime you accidentally or otherwise, corrupt/split your microSD card. This takes it back to normal.
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm - To format your microSD card to FAT 32, this is NECESSARY! (not really, but you gotta be careful, this makes sure of that...)
https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ - To check if you have a patched Switch. If you do, make sure it has a firmware less than 4.1.0
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-status.495078/ - To check if you can do certain things, according to your firmware version.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/ - Block future updates so that you don't get your Switch in a pickle.
https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases - For easily creating partitions for use in emuMMC (emuNAND)

My SD Setup:
Code:
https://sdsetup.com/console?switch#atmosphere;atmos_musthave;atmos_bootlogo;kosmos_toolkit;kosmos_updater;tesla_menu;atmos_ovlloader;atmos_emuiibo;atmos_sys-clk;atmos_sysftpd;atmos-sys-con;ldn_mitm;edizon_overlay;ovl_sysmodules;status_monitor_overlay;sys-clk-overlay;appstorenx;hbmenu;edizon;goldleaf;nxdumptool;lockpick;msolarusdx;sdlpop;postalnx;spacegamenx;retroarch;ppsspp;mgba;psnes;pfba;scummvm;hekate;biskeydump;gptrestore;lockpick_rcm;tegrarcmgui;4nxci;fluffy;ns-usbloader;switchbackupmanager;rekado;atmos_sigpatch;

---

---

Prerequisite / Important Know-How

Jump to the Easy Way down below if you want to skip my boring explanation and get to the action.

Step 1: Understand the primary concepts.

This is basically you, learning a few new words. I will try to keep it simple:

1. CFW or Custom FirmWare (Firmware)

If the software had a physical body, this is it's more grosser form. This is the structure in which the menus lie in. Putting a custom firmware allows you to manipulate this. For example, different themes, new apps on your home screen, etc.

2. fusee-geelee

Don't let the name intimidate you. This is simply shorting the circuit of the JoyCon rail in your system to get into a hidden menu! Using this "exploit" (exploiting the Switch basically), we can inject the code necessary for hacking! There. Done.

3. Firmware

Hey, what IS firmware am I right? Yeah, it's just this: another physical body, only more subtler than the Custom Firmware. This governs the software aspect. What we want is to manipulate this to see results.

4. Deja-vu

This is also an "exploit". The difference is, this only works on firmwares 1.0.0 - 3.0.0 and 4.0.1 - 4.1.0.

Wait... How do I check this?

Simple. Go to Settings.

ZyaSc6m.png

check grey text^

This much knowledge is enough for prerequisites. Anything more and I will add it to a section called More Information or More Goodies. Whichever, may be someday, maybe never; depends on this guide's popularity, otherwise it is wasted effort.

Step 2: Come Prepared, don't wait bet on your chances.

Start with a good brand Micro SD card. If you have a fake ripoff or clone, it will fail you one day, I guarantee it. The best ones I see are Samsung EVO right now for the price on Aliexpress, or a SanDisk Ultra. Whichever. Do not buy Kingston or something like that. Go with the best to avoid future trouble, like data corruption!

Step 4: Breathe in, Breathe out. You're done.

The Easy Way

What are the outcomes of this route?

A nice custom firmware which would be Atlas/Kosmos/Atmosphere which would allow you to install homebrew, play backups, install useful tools and apps, backup saves, cheats, etc.

What do I need first?

- You need an RCMLoader which you can buy (this is for noobs, if you have around $9 to spare, it'll save you time), or you can just use a USB C cable and a PC/Laptop (or Android? I need a confirmation.)

- A FAT32 formatted microSD Card (to avoid the chance of data corruption) preferrably 64GB and above.

- A non-patched Switch, meaning you would have had to bought it earlier than 2019 (year is probably wrong), you can check here if you don't know if your Switch is patched or not: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ ENTER YOUR SWITCH SERIAL NUMBER IN THAT WEBSITE TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE A PATCHED OR NOT PATCHED SWITCC (patched, also known as ipatched means you need your Switch firmware to be less than around 4.1.1 to hack it, and non patched means at any firmware you can hack).

This whole patched thing basically means after a year or so when hacks first released, Nintendo started releasing units that don't have the paperclip method shorting thing to enter into the switch software. The shorting thing is called fusee-geelee.

Step 1: Go to https://sdsetup.com/console?switch and choose a package or if you want, choose what you like from it. There are certain requirements for this Easy route, so just use my link instead to download a hand picked collection from here.

Step 2: Format your microSD Card to FAT 32. Use the GUI Format from above in the useful links section and select the microSD card and format it so that it says FAT 32 when you go to properties of that drive on Windows.

Step 3: Extract the SD zip file you downloaded from Step 1, and go to the sd folder and copy all those files to the base/root of your microSD card.

Step 4: Go to the payloads folder in the extracted SD zip, and copy the hekate payload into your RCM Loader by connecting it with the cable provided. Put it in a folder called anything you like to name it with, example KOSMOS, and rename the .bin file to payload.bin.

FO6Bst1.png

Step 5: Put in the paper clip jig to the right joycon rail and press the Volume + and Power button together, just press, don't hold. You can remove the jig and then put the RCM Loader to the Switch's USB Port.

Step 6: Click Launch then the Second CFW option. You are now done!

Step 7: Open the Gallery to open the Homebrew Launcher.

STEPS 5 TO 7 HAS TO BE REPLICATED EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH ON YOUR SWITCH, IT IS THE ONLY WAY CURRENTLY.

-----

This is a work in progress - construction work in progress.

stuff:

preparation

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't. If someone wants to hack their Switch, they should follow one of the already-existing, well maintained guides.

As far as I know young lad, hacking your Switch generally means either of TWO things by general consensus; free games or free access. Free games means in some way not doing the right thing, in some level at least, and free access means free access to old games still being sold by Nintendo's eShop. Since Nintendo owns the copyright to the games you can so freely download, they have all the right to lock it behind a paywall, and if they so desire, pursue you legally.

The very first step is to pick a stand. Now, the popular two options are free games or free access, yes, - but you can also use this "hack" to develop your own code, and see it run in your system! The way I see it; this third option is only from innocence and an inability to find a job in said area of expertise, for a lack of expertise by not being 'there yet' in skill, for example.
What you are describing as "free games" and "free access" is the same thing. Piracy. To be more specific, one is pirating Switch games, while the other is using emulation to play pirated old games. Either one involves "not doing the right thing" to some degree.

Plain and simple: you are going to unlock your system's true potential. If you value your right to tinker, then do so by minimizing your social sharing; as in, don't always tell others what you are doing, for it very may well be illegal. Just keep quiet, that's all, that's my advice.

Disclaimer: I am in no way here advocating piracy or anything of the sort. This is for legal terms, a sharing of knowledge only. What users chose to do is their choice, not mine.
OMG please stop... Telling people to "keep quiet", and simultaneously telling them you're not advocating piracy... you've spent way too long on your guide just talking about the ethics...

Step 2: Make a promise.

This is not optional, don't be a spoil sport. For whatever you do, if you thoroughly enjoy a game, make it a point to support the developers by buying or donating once you have the allowance. At least do this much.
Still on about the ethics? Look, if somebody is hacking their Switch with piracy in mind, your one little paragraph isn't going to change that.

1. CFW or Custom FirmWare (Firmware)

If the software had a physical body, this is it's more grosser form. This is the structure in which the menus lie in. Putting a custom firmware allows you to manipulate this. For example, different themes, new apps on your home screen, etc.
Bad definition. It's not a "grosser" form of anything, by any means. And quit the metaphorical "if software had a physical body" shit. "Custom Firmware" is any unauthorized third party software that is intended to replace or modify the original system software, generally unlocking additional features.

2. fusee-geelee

Don't let the name intimidate you. This is simply shorting the circuit of the JoyCon rail in your system to get into a hidden menu! Using this "exploit" (exploiting the Switch basically), we can inject the code necessary for hacking! There. Done.
Another bad definition. Shorting the rail pins puts you in "RCM Mode." It's been referred to as bentpinhax before, or just using an RCM jig. But you can do that all you want, and until you've pushed a third party payload you haven't used fusée gelée yet. Fusée gelée is much more than just entering RCM mode. Normally RCM mode is expected to only run authorized code. Fusée gelée refers to an exploit that takes advantage of a vulnerability in the Tegra's RCM mode, allowing you to run custom payloads.

3. Firmware

Hey, what IS firmware am I right? Yeah, it's just this: another physical body, only more subtler than the Custom Firmware. This governs the software aspect. What we want is to manipulate this to see results.
Quit it with the "physical body" bullshit! "Only more subtler than the custom firmware" ummm, no. Were you high when you wrote this? Because it sounds like you were.

An online dictionary definition of firmware is "permanent software programmed into a read-only memory." That's not really correct either, as even on most older motherboards you could still re-flash the firmware on them. But generally in the context of video game consoles, firmware refers to the system version you're on, including whatever CFW you're using, if any.

4. Deja-vu

This is also an "exploit". The difference is, this only works on firmwares 1.0.0 - 3.0.0 and 4.0.1 - 4.1.0.
If you're going to mention exploits for older system versions, might as well include PegaSwitch and Nereba too, with a short sentence about how each of them work.

This much knowledge is enough for prerequisites. Anything more and I will add it to a section called More Information or More Goodies. Whichever, may be someday, maybe never; depends on this guide's popularity, otherwise it is wasted effort.

No, it's really not enough for prerequisites. You should explain the choices between CFW (SX OS, Atmosphère, Kosmos, possibly ReiNX but it seems pretty dead now.) Explain the pros and cons of each.

Explain XCIs vs NSPs and how SX OS is the only CFW that supports loading them directly. Explain that XCIs can be converted to NSPs so they can still be used by other CFWs. Explain the current status of USB support.

Explain that if the reader has a patched Switch, they may have to wait until they can get a modchip for their Switch, the SX Core or SX Lite.

Explain EmuMMC and how to avoid getting banned from online play.

Start with a good brand Micro SD card. If you have a fake ripoff or clone, it will fail you one day, I guarantee it. The best ones I see are Samsung EVO right now for the price on Aliexpress, or a SanDisk Ultra. Whichever. Do not buy Kingston or something like that. Go with the best to avoid future trouble, like data corruption!
Nothing wrong with Kingston, they make some good quality cards. The main issue is counterfeits. Explain that the market is full of them and that you should probably use a tool like H2testw to make sure your card is legit and works well.

And also important, explain the difference between FAT32 and exFat, and how exFat is prone to corruption on Switch, and that you should always use FAT32 instead.

Step 4: Breathe in, Breathe out. You're done.
Far from it... Haven't said anything regarding cheats, custom themes, sysmodules, overclocking, setting up homebrew apps, emulators, Incognito, ChoiDujour...

Reactions: Stash23 and Tatsuna

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Please don't. If someone wants to hack their Switch, they should follow one of the already-existing, well maintained guides.

What you are describing as "free games" and "free access" is the same thing. Piracy. To be more specific, one is pirating Switch games, while the other is using emulation to play pirated old games. Either one involves "not doing the right thing" to some degree.

OMG please stop... Telling people to "keep quiet", and simultaneously telling them you're not advocating piracy... you've spent way too long on your guide just talking about the ethics...

Still on about the ethics? Look, if somebody is hacking their Switch with piracy in mind, your one little paragraph isn't going to change that.

Bad definition. It's not a "grosser" form of anything, by any means. And quit the metaphorical "if software had a physical body" shit. "Custom Firmware" is any unauthorized third party software that is intended to replace or modify the original system software, generally unlocking additional features.

Another bad definition. Shorting the rail pins puts you in "RCM Mode." It's been referred to as bentpinhax before, or just using an RCM jig. But you can do that all you want, and until you've pushed a third party payload you haven't used fusée gelée yet. Fusée gelée is much more than just entering RCM mode. Normally RCM mode is expected to only run authorized code. Fusée gelée refers to an exploit that takes advantage of a vulnerability in the Tegra's RCM mode, allowing you to run custom payloads.

Quit it with the "physical body" bullshit! "Only more subtler than the custom firmware" ummm, no. Were you high when you wrote this? Because it sounds like you were.

An online dictionary definition of firmware is "permanent software programmed into a read-only memory." That's not really correct either, as even on most older motherboards you could still re-flash the firmware on them. But generally in the context of video game consoles, firmware refers to the system version you're on, including whatever CFW you're using, if any.

If you're going to mention exploits for older system versions, might as well include PegaSwitch and Nereba too, with a short sentence about how each of them work.

No, it's really not enough for prerequisites. You should explain the choices between CFW (SX OS, Atmosphère, Kosmos, possibly ReiNX but it seems pretty dead now.) Explain the pros and cons of each.

Explain XCIs vs NSPs and how SX OS is the only CFW that supports loading them directly. Explain that XCIs can be converted to NSPs so they can still be used by other CFWs. Explain the current status of USB support.

Explain that if the reader has a patched Switch, they may have to wait until they can get a modchip for their Switch, the SX Core or SX Lite.

Explain EmuMMC and how to avoid getting banned from online play.

Nothing wrong with Kingston, they make some good quality cards. The main issue is counterfeits. Explain that the market is full of them and that you should probably use a tool like H2testw to make sure your card is legit and works well.

And also important, explain the difference between FAT32 and exFat, and how exFat is prone to corruption on Switch, and that you should always use FAT32 instead.

Far from it... Haven't said anything regarding cheats, custom themes, sysmodules, overclocking, setting up homebrew apps, emulators, Incognito, ChoiDujour...

Look, there are already enough of that complicated explaining everywhere in this forum. I went for the simple route, don't be so foolish and quick to get on people like a frickin vulture.

Reactions: blinkzane

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself would like to see a fool proof guide for the basic folks. I know there are multiple ways to "hack" a switch now but I was involved in the very beginning when golf was still hidden in the memory and managed to write one of the first tutorials for it.I was also there when system dumps started happening and we started decrypting the old test software that was leftover on some switches. But anything past a flash cart I have no idea what to do anymore. I've been out of the scene and I would like to be able to play with the different options so I can learn how to help troubleshoot for others that come up with issues.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I myself would like to see a fool proof guide for the basic folks. I know there are multiple ways to "hack" a switch now but I was involved in the very beginning when golf was still hidden in the memory and managed to write one of the first tutorials for it.I was also there when system dumps started happening and we started decrypting the old test software that was leftover on some switches. But anything past a flash cart I have no idea what to do anymore. I've been out of the scene and I would like to be able to play with the different options so I can learn how to help troubleshoot for others that come up with issues.

Thank you sir.

_abysswalker_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You might as well go for it and see for yourself how much response it gets - there's definitely a demographic for everything - but maybe good to make it clear who your target audience is.

The 2nd post has some good advise you can skim through and use in your guide actually - just filter out the bitter attitude ;)

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
You might as well go for it and see for yourself how much response it gets - there's definitely a demographic for everything - but maybe good to make it clear who your target audience is.

The 2nd post has some good advise you can skim through and use in your guide actually - just filter out the bitter attitude ;)

Thanks for that, needed it.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, there are already enough of that complicated explaining everywhere in this forum. I went for the simple route, don't be so foolish and quick to get on people like a frickin vulture.
Dude, you asked for feedback, I gave it to you. I even went above and beyond and explained everything that's already wrong with your so-called guide, I actually took the time to give you a ton of critical feedback. You should be thanking me.

There are already two very good, well-maintained guides out there for people to use:
https://switch.homebrew.guide/
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

That's not including the other tutorials that have been posted on these forums, on Reddit, on Discord, and god forbid, YouTube. It's ironic that you're calling this the "Ultimate Hacking Guide", and claiming this is meant to be a less-complicated guide for users, when your primary source of information is literally titled "The Ultimate Noob Guide for Hacking your Nintendo Switch".

My point is, if those two tutorials are too complicated for somebody, or simply buying and using an SX Pro kit is too complicated, then perhaps they should not be modding their Switch? Because considering how many thousands of people are doing it, these existing tutorials are really not that hard.

Read your "guide" again. Then read the "Before Starting" page on the tutorial you referenced: https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting . Look at your definitions. I found flaws with nearly everything you wrote, and after reading it the reader still doesn't have a good idea of what Homebrew, Custom Firmware, Fusée Gelée, or Déjà Vu are. Read the Before Starting page, they've done a great job of explaining all of these things.

Seriously, I don't want to see somebody brick their Switch because they read a sub-par guide and didn't know what they were doing. If you think you have something to contribute to the community, that's great. Both of those tutorials are on GitHub:
https://github.com/AtlasNX/Homebrew-Guide
https://github.com/nh-server/switch-guide

They also have Discords available where you can talk to the people that built these guides:
https://discord.teamatlasnx.com/
https://discord.gg/C29hYvh

So if you want to contribute something, collaborate with these guys. It's safe to say they have a lot more experience than you (and me, for that matter.) Either chat with them about possible improvements on Discord, or just clone their existing GitHub repos, make the changes you'd like to see, and send them a pull request.

While you're at it, grow some thicker skin. When you're online and someone tells you to Google more, or RTFM, or gives you some constructive criticism, learn and move on. There is a wonderful article online called "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by Eric Raymond and Rick Moen. You should definitely read it, especially the "How To Interpret Answers" section:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#answers

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Dude, you asked for feedback, I gave it to you. I even went above and beyond and explained everything that's already wrong with your so-called guide, I actually took the time to give you a ton of critical feedback. You should be thanking me.

There are already two very good, well-maintained guides out there for people to use:

That's not including the other tutorials that have been posted on these forums, on Reddit, on Discord, and god forbid, YouTube. It's ironic that you're calling this the "Ultimate Hacking Guide", and claiming this is meant to be a less-complicated guide for users, when your primary source of information is literally titled "The Ultimate Noob Guide for Hacking your Nintendo Switch".

My point is, if those two tutorials are too complicated for somebody, or simply buying and using an SX Pro kit is too complicated, then perhaps they should not be modding their Switch? Because considering how many thousands of people are doing it, these existing tutorials are really not that hard.

Read your "guide" again. Then read the "Before Starting" page on the tutorial you referenced: https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/beforestarting . Look at your definitions. I found flaws with nearly everything you wrote, and after reading it the reader still doesn't have a good idea of what Homebrew, Custom Firmware, Fusée Gelée, or Déjà Vu are. Read the Before Starting page, they've done a great job of explaining all of these things.

Seriously, I don't want to see somebody brick their Switch because they read a sub-par guide and didn't know what they were doing. If you think you have something to contribute to the community, that's great. Both of those tutorials are on GitHub:

They also have Discords available where you can talk to the people that built these guides:

So if you want to contribute something, collaborate with these guys. It's safe to say they have a lot more experience than you (and me, for that matter.) Either chat with them about possible improvements on Discord, or just clone their existing GitHub repos, make the changes you'd like to see, and send them a pull request.

While you're at it, grow some thicker skin. When you're online and someone tells you to Google more, or RTFM, or gives you some constructive criticism, learn and move on. There is a wonderful article online called "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" by Eric Raymond and Rick Moen. You should definitely read it, especially the "How To Interpret Answers" section:

Apologies, I am only 19. I am just a sensitive fellow, thanks for your hard work. It will not go to waste, I assure you friend.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you think of my disclaimer? Where can I improve? Please be gentle, I am still young.

Reactions: Alexander1970

kitaismith

Trophies
XP
Country
I normally don't post but I feel I have to give my two cents on this regarding responses, put simply:
If it's something you wont say to a stranger face to face, then don't say it online.

You guys are all awesome, be nice to each other.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
This is terrible. If someone is going to hack their console they don't need an "ethic code" or some indications on how they should feel.

If it is for newbies that just want to follow some steps and play warez they don't need an explanation on many of the concepts that you bring.

If it is called the "Ultimate hacking guide" it should contain every bit of information.

I think RHOPKINS13 already gave you very fair input.

The intention is good but the execution is plain bad. Plus it is contributing to the bloat of information that in the end makes things more difficult for someone new to search.

And, in case it was not mentioned before, don't ask people to "be gentle, or kind".. this is the internet and someone can come up and use that against you as you are openly telling them what your weakness is.

Accept criticism and that things in life are not how you want. Already being 19 and not being able to cope with criticism will make it very hard for you in the future.

My advice: take all this info back to the drawing board, read and learn more about everything, and try to arrange a table of contents elsewhere and start from there.

Edit: and don't threaten people or call them names before reading your guide.. it will put a lot of people away from the start.

Last edited by Bullseye,

Andr3silva

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I appreciate this guide and would love to see it completed. Keep up the good work, it looks great and just what I need, as a very noob. Thank you!

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I appreciate this guide and would love to see it completed. Keep up the good work, it looks great and just what I need, as a very noob. Thank you!

Thanks for the kind comment, right now I am unable to hack my Switch, but in due time I probably will finish the basic setup like just setting up Hekate.

Reactions: Alexander1970

kitaismith

Trophies
XP
Country
@Jiehfeng,
Write your tutorials how you want to write your tutorials. Everyone has different learning and teaching styles. As long as it delivers it's intended purpose, how you deliver it is up to you. You can take advice on what might work or how to better deliver your content but ultimately, as long as you don't violate the forum rules, it's basically up to you.

Do not let anyone tell you how to do things (note that it doesn't mean you don't seek advice for self improvement). You choose what you want, it's someone else's choice to either read it or not read it. It is true you'll get lots of feedback when you make a post online and it is true some might be negative, constructive or downright rude. It is also true that you'll need to be able to dissect them and from that take the comments that help you grow.

Whenever someone tells you, "this is the internet and you need to grow a thick skin", that part is true only to an extent. It's true because it'll help you see past the white noise and not demoralise you. It'll help you think critically, carefully and avoid getting bogged down in a useless back and forth. However, it doesn't mean you accept it as the status quo.

I will say this plainly, the only reason people respond rudely to a post or tutorial is thinking they're relatively safe in the web meaning no one can physically get to them or they don't know how to put their point across in a constructive manner. I hate bullies and all forms of bullying which also include passive bullying. That's when someone, who you dont really know or consider friend say things like, you're being stupid, stop talking like that, who cares about this, stop telling people to be nice to each other, it's the internet so grow a thicker skin and the list goes on. That's their way on justifying what they're saying and trying to get you to accept it and conform to how they do things.
Just because you can make rude comments online, doesn't mean you should.

I'm a programmer, 6ft and physically jacked. Do you think while at work one of my colleagues, would dare tell me, "Read The Fucking Manual", if I asked a question?
Apart from the comment getting them a whooping, it'll also guarantee a trip to HR.
Not that I'm saying you resort to physical altercation each time someone says something you don't like, the point I'm trying to make is just because I can doesn't mean I should.
Just because you can make rude or negative comments doesn't mean you should. There are always better ways of getting your point across so instead of telling people to get a thicker skin or just accept it, I could argue you should grow up mentally and know how to talk to people and failing that, come find me so we can hash it out face to face.

So to the OP, you do you, you make metaphors however you wanna make it, you talk about ethics however you want to, you teach however you wanna teach. If someone doesn't like it, they can either leave constructive comments or shove their head in to an oven and turn the heat to the highest settings. Remember, it is ok to fight back. I know I say be nice to each other but if the other kid wants to fight, then it's time to kick the other kids ass.

I have spoken.

Last edited by kitaismith,

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
@Jiehfeng,
Write your tutorials how you want to write your tutorials. Everyone has different learning and teaching styles. As long as it delivers it's intended purpose, how you deliver it is up to you. You can take advice on what might work or how to better deliver your content but ultimately, as long as you don't violate the forum rules, it's basically up to you.

Do not let anyone tell you how to do things (note that it doesn't mean you don't seek advice for self improvement). You choose what you want, it's someone else's choice to either read it or not read it. It is true you'll get lots of feedback when you make a post online and it is true some might be negative, constructive or downright rude. It is also true that you'll need to be able to dissect them and from that take the comments that help you grow.

Whenever someone tells you, "this is the internet and you need to grow a thick skin", that part is true only to an extent. It's true because it'll help you see past the white noise and not demoralise you. It'll help you think critically, carefully and avoid getting bogged down in a useless back and forth. However, it doesn't mean you accept it as the status quo.

I will say this plainly, the only reason people respond rudely to a post or tutorial is thinking they're relatively safe in the web meaning no one can physically get to them or they don't know how to put their point across in a constructive manner. I hate bullies and all forms of bullying which also include passive bullying. That's when someone, who you dont really know or consider friend say things like, you're being stupid, stop talking like that, who cares about this, stop telling people to be nice to each other, it's the internet so grow a thicker skin and the list goes on. That's their way on justifying what they're saying and trying to get you to accept it and conform to how they do things.
Just because you can make rude comments online, doesn't mean you should.

I'm a programmer, 6ft and physically jacked. Do you think while at work one of my colleagues, would dare tell me, "Read The Fucking Manual", if I asked a question?
Apart from the comment getting them a whooping, it'll also guarantee a trip to HR.
Not that I'm saying you resort to physical altercation each time someone says something you don't like, the point I'm trying to make is just because I can doesn't mean I should.
Just because you can make rude or negative comments doesn't mean you should. There are always better ways of getting your point across so instead of telling people to get a thicker skin or just accept it, I could argue you should grow up mentally and know how to talk to people and failing that, come find me so we can hash it out face to face.

So to the OP, you do you, you make metaphors however you wanna make it, you talk about ethics however you want to, you teach however you wanna teach. If someone doesn't like it, they can either leave constructive comments or shove their head in to an oven and turn the heat to the highest settings. Remember, it is ok to fight back. I know I say be nice to each other but if the other kid wants to fight, then it's time to kick the other kids ass.

I have spoken.

Thank you sir. :)

veenx0704

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not completed yet but I love this project! thank u for making this, i found some useful links!

@to people acting so entitled, pleaseeee....this is for noobs....chille, why don't make your own thread somewhere to complain

Last edited by veenx0704,

M4N1Zilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you, reader, want to see this finished. Please reply so I may gain motivation enough to work for you. :)
Maybe I completely missed it but where do I check if my version of the switch is able to be hacked. From what i hear only certain versions are hack able.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [brings a match] Paper what?