OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We're excited to announce Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3! UMvC3 brings in 12 new characters, 8 new stages, and a refined fighting system. When? In just a few months! Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 releases this November for $39.99.

Want to see the new announced Strider, Firebrand, Ghost Rider, and Hawkeye in action? Stay tuned to Capcom-Unity for a live stream of gameplay from Comic-Con starting tonight, and lasting all the way until the end of the show on Sunday.

Videos, screens, art, and Press Release below.

Source

Eh... It was bound to happen.

Discuss.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F*** you Capcom! You release a bazzilion versions of Street Fighter but cancel Mega Man Legends! Shame shame!

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, not a surprise at all. I hope they add Mega Man like they should have in the first place. Out of the characters mentioned in your post, Strider is by far my favorite.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I didn't pick up this game yet, I'll get the Ultimate edition sometime soon I guess.

But it's a big slap in the face for guys who purchased the original.

EDIT: Fuck Megaman, I want Chuck Greene. THE GREENE MACHINE.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a way for Capcom to continue cashing in on a game they couldn't complete in time.

It really begs the question, why can't they use the time they saved not making a new game to fix their Megaman mistake?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the original should've been in the first place.
Hopefully this'll meet up more with the expectations people had.

Bet it'll still have DLC on the disc.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Phoenix Wright better be a playable character; or I am going to hate capcom for life.

I used to love them... but they have broken my heart time after time again these past years.

Creator of their main franchise dropped? Ouch.

Mega Man Legends 3 cancelled? double ouch.

Remember Clover Studios being dropped? WTF.

C'mon, guys! I know you're better than just your fighting games and Monster Hunter. You made Mega Man 9 and 10 awesome, for God's sake!

PLEASE CAPCOM! Get your shit together before I lose all hope for you...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
So they're playing the SFIV game.

Nope, they're just playing the Capcom game. Release a game and re-release it a lot. They've done it with almost every franchise they have, not just fighters.

EDIT: Also, can everyone STOP bringing up Megaman Legends 3 in EVERY thread related to Capcom or any game made by Capcom? It got canned and you literally have no info on the game outside of the fact that it was supposed to be made. It's gone, get over it.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No Phoenix Wright? Seriously? After all the hints and tweets that referenced him? Ghost Rider is a great addition, though. And I hope they add Phoenix Wright, there were many of us looking forward to it.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well on the Capcom Unity forums they did a suggestion poll on who people wanted to see in the game. Mega Man X lead in votes on the Capcom side with Strider right behind in 2nd.

And before people say, "O noez, tehy onleh addz n X cuz tehy canzelld teh Legends 3", they were probably going to add him in anyway. I felt the same way.

I did like the original game though. But do I feel like getting another xbox, spending another 50 for a year of live, just to play this?

EDIT: But I swear, if I dont see a form of MegaMan on this game, this time... it is going to be me and you, Capcom.

SN: I kinda wish there was a smiley of an angry head throwing an xbox against the wall and stomping on it.
tongue.gif

jonesman99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Ikki said:
So they're playing the SFIV game.

Nope, they're just playing the Capcom game. Release a game and re-release it a lot. They've done it with almost every franchise they have, not just fighters.
Especially Resident Evil.
Im not a fan of the RE series, but ive been keeping up with it, and I dont feel that they have been whoring it out like they have the others. IMO

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
EDIT: Also, can everyone STOP bringing up Megaman Legends 3 in EVERY thread related to Capcom or any game made by Capcom? It got canned and you literally have no info on the game outside of the fact that it was supposed to be made. It's gone, get over it.
No, people wanted it and Capcom fucked up. We're mad and we're making it known. It's happening, get over it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
Im not a fan of the RE series, but ive been keeping up with it, and I dont feel that they have been whoring it out like they have the others. IMO

They're making "HD remakes" of RE4 and Code Veronica.

They made RE5 plus the "Gold Edition" which just bundled DLC with it.

RE: The Mercs is the largest example of Capcom releasing a fraction of a game for the same price. And people still bought it.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure you all enjoyed the 5 minute demo of Revelations. God forbid they do anything more than that.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Next Capcom announcment: STREET FIGHTER IV SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME ARCADE EDITION DX

Next next announcement: Mega Man series discontinued. Monster Hunter series dropped.

Capcom is heading down an Activision-esque road, here.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is why I will NOT be one of the first to buy street fighter vs tekken
I'll wait for the next version, "super ultimate street fighter X tekken gold"

jonesman99

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
jonesman99 said:

They're making "HD remakes" of RE4 and Code Veronica.

They made RE5 plus the "Gold Edition" which just bundled DLC with it.

RE: The Mercs is the largest example of Capcom releasing a fraction of a game for the same price. And people still bought it.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure you all enjoyed the 5 minute demo of Revelations. God forbid they do anything more than that.

Oh... never mind then.

EDIT: They did not need to add in Hawkeye. People will just play like Taskmaster, they both do the same things. Keep away.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me the title indicates that its going to be the Ultimate Marvel Universe characters replacing the original MVsC3 Marvel characters.

Of course its probably not that at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3