Hacking "ultimate" set up?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what I'm doing, but I want to do the "backup my games to a hard drive and run games off it" thing to this PS3. If I need a different model for that, how expensive are older PS3 models that can do this?

CECH-2500 is the last model that can have a permanent mod, although you have to be careful as some of them can't be.

Look for one that has "yes" in the "hackable" column.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Datecode

Those with a "no" now have the opportunity to run "han", which has improved since the early releases but I'm not sure it's quite as good as running "cfw".

As for how expensive, it will depend on what models are available in your local area. I haven't noticed a massive difference in price here, ps3 aren't exactly in demand.

If you want to play all PS2 games then you would need one of the early FAT PS3 models with at least the GS chip and maybe even the EE chip, but you can only play PS2 games from internal hard drive and it's going to be very loud and I'd personally be scared to use it in case it gets yellow light of death (there was a manufacturing problem with Nvidia at the time and it's basically guaranteed to die eventually).

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: CORE

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dreamcast
XBOX360 - XBOX
WiiU - Wii
PS3 - PS2
HTPC - PC

Cant remember if I posted in here or not but you cant go wrong with this setup.

Some Vids I saw on UTube awhile back dont know who but they said about ultimate Playstation/XBOX/Nintendo etc.

They lot of shit 360 external shell and custom stickers extra hdd etc and silly gimmicks.

The Ultimate Console example back in the day.

Playstation with VCD/CD Player and Cheats Codes Hacker Support with RegionFree and Backup Playback and you can browse play Game Disc content including FMV Playback that is an Ultimate Console.

XBOX with Xecuter 3 CE and X3 Control Panel DVD Playback Kit 128MB RAM Upgrade 1.4GHz CPU Upgrade extender case with x3 or x5 HDDs switchable.

Just some examples the Ultimate Setup is an HTPC but some other options arent bad now either Nvida Shield your all in one basically like the Consoles listed above.

Last edited by CORE,

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I had an interesting thought for getting an external drive to hold everything without as much risk to data: An external hard drive RAID enclosure.

I found a few on Amazon, with the more expensive ones supporting RAID-5 and hot swapping like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IOLBT2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A307CH216CTGMP&psc=1

Since I replaced all the 4 TB drives in my computer with 8 TB drives, I figure that I could use them all with something like that to create a single FAT32 16 TB drive that would have single parity, so if any one drive fails I can swap it out to rebuild without loss of use of the drive.

It's a bit pricey to do it that way, but then again, a 16 TB hdd by itself runs for over $400 at present so if someone already had old 4 TB drives to use it would seem to be a cheaper solution than buying a new 16 TB drive and an enclosure. If someone didn't have the drives though, given that the cheapest 4 TB drives cost $65 and you'd need 5 of them this setup would cost like $150 more than the single drive approach, which honestly isn't that bad for the benefit of being able to replace dead drives in the future. In any case, since I already have the drives, I could also justify the cost by letting me use it for a bigger RAID drive later so it would have usefulness in 64 TB backup storage drive once the 16 TB drives come down enough in price to be worth it, then I could just use a regular 16 TB drive with the PS3 combined with proper backups maintained on RAID-5.

I wonder if that would work though with the PS3 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol that reminds me I am like 60% sure my step daughter is dead...
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We need a GTA based on your life