BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
EtherealX said:
Awesome thread, man. +2 for you. I came debating if there was a nicer looking alternative to GX, but think I'll stick with GX. A few questions, though, since I can't seem to spot any details about it.
thanks
EtherealX said:
1.) I really like GX, and have used it exclusively since it showed up. I don't, however, like its GUI. Any other recommendations for something using the same IOS,etc as GX? Something with pretty colors and an easier GUI.
personally I use CFG and GX and it's the best in my opinion
EtherealX said:
2.) I've got a 1.5tb drive with 2 partitions. I'm wanting to expand my WBFS partition beyond 500gb, but I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about loaders recognizing anything over 512gb. Anyone have any real success with larger WBFS partitions? Which drive are you using?
I use 1.5TB in 2 partitions 1TB WBFS and .5TB FAT32 with homebrew and loaders and apps and media with no problem for any loader to recognize my WBFS partition at all
wink.gif

QUOTE(EtherealX @ Aug 5 2009, 04:10 AM)
3.) Last, I didn't see the WBFS app for Macs on the OP post. Here's a link for a pre-compiled version WBFS for OSX. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as Windows version do, but it very cleanly dumps iso files to WBFS while supporting queues, cover lookup, hbc channels, add/delete. I'll also point out, that it only reads the WBFS drive with a USB cable (not firewire.)
thanks for this info and the link , but I only post and evaluate apps that I test and go over source code of it , and this one I cann't do cause I don't have MAC at the moment
frown.gif
but I 'll check it out as soon as possible and will have up in the first page after that , thanks again
wink.gif

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's actually a thread floating around here about it with all the source code included.. took some browsing but here you go. Compiling WBFS on Mac OS X The link I tossed above is already done and compiled with a nice GUI for the.. terminal-illiterate. Anywho.. thanks for the HDD data, I'm about to give it a shot as I'm out of room on a .5tb setup.

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus christ this is confusing. Could someone please explain?

The name of this thread is "Ultimate USB Loader...." and in the first post there are links to both "OggZee Configurable USB Loader" and "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 (based on v1.5 by Waninkoko)".

If you look here: [http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154465] I get the expression that these are 2 _different_ USB Loaders because they are both listed (listed as 3 and 5). Correct?

But if I go to the "OggZee Configurable USB Loader"-thread and click on the "cfg v41 (release)" and download it. I get a file called: "sdusb-loader_cfg41.zip". This contains the application and a "readme-cfg.txt" which says "Configurable SD/USB Loader v41". Everything perfectly fine so far.

But if I instead download the second one I wrote "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 (based on v1.5 by Waninkoko)" in the first post, called "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40.zip". I get the exactly same files (except there is v40 instead of v41).

So what is going on? Is "Ultimate USB Loader" and "OggZee Configurable USB Loader" the exact same Loader except for maybe one version change (v40 vs v41)?

=======================================================

Also, anyone got a mirror for the: SDUSB Loader cfg40 forwarder?

The link in the nfo doesnt work (http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER_FORWARDER.rar)

markeymark

Trophies
XP
Country
hey there folks

total newbie here, i have a softmodded wii (3.4e) i think....lol

it has homebrew channel installed done via twilight hack

what im wanting to know is how can i update it so i can run games from usb stick

a simple guide would be helpful

thanks in advance

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
dacore84 said:
Jesus christ this is confusing. Could someone please explain?

The name of this thread is "Ultimate USB Loader...." and in the first post there are links to both "OggZee Configurable USB Loader" and "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 (based on v1.5 by Waninkoko)".

If you look here: [http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154465] I get the expression that these are 2 _different_ USB Loaders because they are both listed (listed as 3 and 5). Correct?

But if I go to the "OggZee Configurable USB Loader"-thread and click on the "cfg v41 (release)" and download it. I get a file called: "sdusb-loader_cfg41.zip". This contains the application and a "readme-cfg.txt" which says "Configurable SD/USB Loader v41". Everything perfectly fine so far.

But if I instead download the second one I wrote "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 (based on v1.5 by Waninkoko)" in the first post, called "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40.zip". I get the exactly same files (except there is v40 instead of v41).

So what is going on? Is "Ultimate USB Loader" and "OggZee Configurable USB Loader" the exact same Loader except for maybe one version change (v40 vs v41)?

=======================================================

Also, anyone got a mirror for the: SDUSB Loader cfg40 forwarder?

The link in the nfo doesnt work (http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER_FORWARDER.rar)

don't get confused here
smile.gif
the name of the thread is Ultimate USB Loader as the #1 USB Loader cause I list all of them and test them and recommend one than the other as how many stars it presented by
smile.gif
and both "OggZee Configurable USB Loader" and "SDUSB-Loader_cfg40 (based on v1.5 by Waninkoko)". represent the same loader
smile.gif
the original ultimate usb loader has been modified by another author now and it's different than the CFG
smile.gif
if you follow the link to CFG home thread you will find the link to the forwarder
smile.gif

QUOTE(markeymark @ Aug 30 2009, 10:49 AM) hey there folks

total newbie here, i have a softmodded wii (3.4e) i think....lol

it has homebrew channel installed done via twilight hack

what im wanting to know is how can i update it so i can run games from usb stick

a simple guide would be helpful

thanks in advance
click on the first green link in my signature and follow the tutorial
smile.gif

mrmilkman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using USB Loader GX and that's pretty cool, it's not on the list? Or did I over look it having this MEGA headache... may be my last post..ever... oh and is there any USB loader that lets you quit back into the USB loader screen, and not back to the Wii menu?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
mrmilkman said:
I'm using USB Loader GX and that's pretty cool, it's not on the list? Or did I over look it having this MEGA headache... may be my last post..ever... oh and is there any USB loader that lets you quit back into the USB loader screen, and not back to the Wii menu?
GX is on the list under the authors name
wink.gif
and no USB Loader is able to reboot back to the Loader Menu unless you use it with preloader as an installed file to have it booted first
wink.gif
good luck

cfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.. is it just me or did the USB HD compatibility list go away? The link off the first post no longer works.

I looked at the last two pages of responses, and didn't see anything about it. Does anyone know where it went? I looked at the USB compatibility List in the wiki (where the link goes) but couldn't find anything about hard drives...

reginator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may not be the right thread to ask, but whats the best usb loader to pick up if you've never used any of this or cIOSes before? Do I need more than one cIOS to install, or do I just put the loader/cIOS installer on the root of my card, and run them?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Senbonzaku101 said:
USB Devices Compatibility List

URL is a bit different now.
wink2.gif

thanks for the input
smile.gif
first page link has been updated
smile.gif

QUOTE(reginator @ Sep 7 2009, 09:16 AM) This may not be the right thread to ask, but whats the best usb loader to pick up if you've never used any of this or cIOSes before? Do I need more than one cIOS to install, or do I just put the loader/cIOS installer on the root of my card, and run them?
1- cIOS202 for homebrew .
2- cIOS23 and cIOS22 by hermes .
3- cIOS38_rev14 by Waninkoko .
4- OggZee CFG USB Loader rev41 .
great setup
smile.gif
good luck .

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
tj_cool said:
BIG MOE said:
1- cIOS202 for homebrew .
2- cIOS23 and cIOS22 by hermes .
3- cIOS38_rev14 by Waninkoko .
4- OggZee CFG USB Loader rev41 .
great setup
smile.gif
good luck .
its hermes cIOS 222 and 223
wink.gif
hhahaha correct buddy , I do things fast and guess what
smile.gif
mistakes in the basics lol
tongue.gif

tojjm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for this thread, but i have a problem, i am trying to use SDUSB-Loader cfg40, it is on my sd card, & when i go in to the HBC, & select it, it starts to load up, when its loaded it ask if i want to partion my usb drive, so i do, after that you can use the loader, but i don't have any games on the usb drive, so i turned wii off, took the usb drive to my PC, plugged it in & the first thing it asks do i want to format this drive, so i did(i did select no, but then i could not access the drive), can you tell me what i am doing wrong(i very simple steps please.
Thanks John

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
tojjm said:
Hi thanks for this thread, but i have a problem, i am trying to use SDUSB-Loader cfg40, it is on my sd card, & when i go in to the HBC, & select it, it starts to load up, when its loaded it ask if i want to partion my usb drive, so i do, after that you can use the loader, but i don't have any games on the usb drive, so i turned wii off, took the usb drive to my PC, plugged it in & the first thing it asks do i want to format this drive, so i did(i did select no, but then i could not access the drive), can you tell me what i am doing wrong(i very simple steps please.
Thanks John
once CFG format the USB Drive windows will not recognize it anymore so it will ask you to format
smile.gif
and you should answer no to that and install WBFS Manager rev 3.0.1 and this program will access the drive for you and install your backed up games in ISO format into the drive
wink.gif
good luck

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow should be on the list for loaders (at the top!) There's also a Mac OSX friendly WBFS manager I don't see on the list, its aptly titled WBFS for Mac OSX. Since its really the only OSX stable wbfs manager, its noteworthy to mention.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
KiiNG said:
WiiFlow should be on the list for loaders (at the top!) There's also a Mac OSX friendly WBFS manager I don't see on the list, its aptly titled WBFS for Mac OSX. Since its really the only OSX stable wbfs manager, its noteworthy to mention.
thanks for the input
smile.gif
both will be added shortly
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?