Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have 2 usb hd's (a lacie and a western digital) that work fine with cios rev 10, but both fail to be recognized at all by any of the loaders when using cios 14.

regardless of what drives i'm using, is drive compatibility something thats being worked on at all? would improvements to be expected from the cios side or the loader side?

thanks!

Ozzt

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
is this harddrive avaible for usbloader? here the page is in nowiegan, but just use google.com/translate plz answear
wtf.gif

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought i'd take another chance and bought a Western Digital My Passport Essential 500gb, the exact same one that is listed on the compatibility list as one of the best drives for USB loading...and again it is not recognized when using cios 14 with any of the loaders...but works fine when i install cios 10 again...i don't understand it anymore.

Am i doing something wrong or do i have bad luck?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
harroway said:
I thought i'd take another chance and bought a Western Digital My Passport Essential 500gb, the exact same one that is listed on the compatibility list as one of the best drives for USB loading...and again it is not recognized when using cios 14 with any of the loaders...but works fine when i install cios 10 again...i don't understand it anymore.

Have you tried BOTH USB ports by any chance????? as port changes where made in rev 12 or 13 to allow peripherals aswel as USB drives and the HDD must be formated to FAT32 then using either a WBFS Manager or a USB Loader format the FAT32 partition to WBFS format

harroway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pepxl said:
harroway said:

Have you tried BOTH USB ports by any chance????? as port changes where made in rev 12 or 13 to allow peripherals aswel as USB drives and the HDD must be formated to FAT32 then using either a WBFS Manager or a USB Loader format the FAT32 partition to WBFS format

yep, tried all possible combinations, all loaders, 249,222, the merged hermes cios... nothing recognizes my drives unless i go back to cios 10. i cant imagine i have the exact same problem with 3 different drives! any suggestions besides staying on cios 10?

stewmeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
just out of curiosity are installing any games on it before you trying it
smile.gif

I was coming here to ask this question, do you have to have games installed on the drive before USB loaders will recognize it? I assumed no since in the USB Loader GX docs it says that it will ask to format the drive if needed. I have a rocketfish external enclosure with a Seagate SATA drive inside and so far both GX and Configurable cannot see the drive and yes, I have no games but it has the FAT32 partition and the rest was formatted with WBFS manager.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
stewmeat said:
BIG MOE said:
smile.gif

I was coming here to ask this question, do you have to have games installed on the drive before USB loaders will recognize it? I assumed no since in the USB Loader GX docs it says that it will ask to format the drive if needed. I have a rocketfish external enclosure with a Seagate SATA drive inside and so far both GX and Configurable cannot see the drive and yes, I have no games but it has the FAT32 partition and the rest was formatted with WBFS manager.
since you format it with wbfs why you want the loader to format it again ? and how does the loader recognize it with no games installed on it ? and check by adding a (apps) folder with (wadmanager) in it into the FAT32 partition and removing your SDCard does the HBC see the (wadmanager) or not ?? please post back results to further help you
smile.gif

stewmeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
stewmeat said:
BIG MOE said:
smile.gif

since you format it with wbfs why you want the loader to format it again ? and how does the loader recognize it with no games installed on it ? and check by adding a (apps) folder with (wadmanager) in it into the FAT32 partition and removing your SDCard does the HBC see the (wadmanager) or not ?? please post back results to further help you
smile.gif

Well I don't want to format the drive, I was just trying to troubleshoot why it wouldn't see the drive and wondered if you needed a game on it. Since you can rip games to the device I still would assume you can start out with no games on there. In the end though, I bought a WD mybook essential that was on the compatibility list, i also formatted both partitions as FAT32 then formatted the larger one with WBFS manager, copied over a game, plugged it in and it worked perfectly.

I did have one issue with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, both games would lock up at the strap warning/plug in your nunchuck screen. The only way I could get Wii Sports to work was to delete WSR, once that game was gone, Wii Sports worked again. I found that a little odd.

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Jesus, this is quite a big list. Good work on this sir.

I do have a some questions though.

I never actually booted any games from USB before, and I'm tired of all the DVD's lying around I thought I could just back them up on a HDD instead.

But which version should I use? You've mentioned so many..
ohmy.gif

I would like to know which one you like and use. I am leaning towards USB Loader CFG40 though.

Also, are there any list of Compatibility or does basically all games work from a HDD?

Thanks alot!

Pat.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
tW34k said:
Jesus, this is quite a big list. Good work on this sir.

I do have a some questions though.

I never actually booted any games from USB before, and I'm tired of all the DVD's lying around I thought I could just back them up on a HDD instead.

But which version should I use? You've mentioned so many..
ohmy.gif

I would like to know which one you like and use. I am leaning towards USB Loader CFG40 though.

Also, are there any list of Compatibility or does basically all games work from a HDD?

Thanks alot!

Pat.
good choice buddy , CFG is what I use
smile.gif

ffireflyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

My Wii currently works with my WD Passport 80GB flawlessly. I need to use this hard drive for another purpose; therefore, I like to replace it with my Maxtor One Touch 120GB. However, the Maxtor does not work. I know this Maxtor HD is compatible, I checked it against the compatible list. I tried with primary partition creating by XP Disk Manager or Partition Magic, without formatting or with WBFS Manager 3.0 formatting. None works. USB Loader doesn't seem to mount and I always get the "No Partitions found! (ret= -6)" error. I also tried with NeoGamma. It went through 30 retries then back to menu.

Thank you.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ffireflyy said:
Hi All,

My Wii currently works with my WD Passport 80GB flawlessly. I need to use this hard drive for another purpose; therefore, I like to replace it with my Maxtor One Touch 120GB. However, the Maxtor does not work. I know this Maxtor HD is compatible, I checked it against the compatible list. I tried with primary partition creating by XP Disk Manager or Partition Magic, without formatting or with WBFS Manager 3.0 formatting. None works. USB Loader doesn't seem to mount and I always get the "No Partitions found! (ret= -6)" error. I also tried with NeoGamma. It went through 30 retries then back to menu.

Thank you.
when formatting to FAT32 be sure it's set primary partition MASTER BOOT then Format with WBFS Manager 3.0 then load at least one game on it and try again please and post results back
PS: Sorry to all for the delay in answering some questions and catching up with the scene lately but it's due to very busy work time , Sorry again and Happy Holidays to ALL
wink.gif

soulfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
similar issue, i'm using the cfg (first one but i think its a higher version) My hd has two partitions on it, one is fat the other is wbfs. It finds the fat and yeilds an error because all my games are on the wbfs. Currently I have to manually select the correct partition each time. Do i need to switch them so that the wbfs is the primary? Can i edit the config file or in some other way get it to always point to the correct drive.

Question two, i thought i downloaded the channel forwarder but either i did it wrong or i d/l the wrong thing so any clues that could point me in the right direction would help, thanks
biggrin.gif

wellhole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulfoot said:
similar issue, i'm using the cfg (first one but i think its a higher version) My hd has two partitions on it, one is fat the other is wbfs. It finds the fat and yeilds an error because all my games are on the wbfs. Currently I have to manually select the correct partition each time. Do i need to switch them so that the wbfs is the primary? Can i edit the config file or in some other way get it to always point to the correct drive.

Question two, i thought i downloaded the channel forwarder but either i did it wrong or i d/l the wrong thing so any clues that could point me in the right direction would help, thanks

You should check out the cfg thread. It's linked here, you know? Use the config.txt file to target the wbfs partition. This is explained in the config options link in the thread. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

The channel forwarders are also in that thread. Pick one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok then no