Hardware Ultrawide Monitors

wennik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an ultrawide monitor, I really like it. I would use it for gaming, but a gamer computer is very expensive, I have a ps3, but the black bars persist. What is the solution to this problem? I would like a console, since in my country it is cheaper. Does anyone know of a console that has ultrawide support or some kind of console modification that allows unstretched use. :bow:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no console yet that natively supports ultrawide. You MIGHT be able to use cheat codes to force a greater render width (especially on older consoles), but I don't know about many 21:9 mods

Reactions: wennik

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"but a gamer computer is very expensive"
If you insist on running everything at the highest settings then maybe.
A more modest machine is still capable of running most of the games at more than acceptable qualities and framerates -- devs don't tend to only require the latest and greatest hardware these days as they realised there are more people than those that enjoy spending rent for several months on a rig every year. For the most part if you have a halfway acceptable CPU and enough RAM to be able to browse video sites then it is probably only going to be a graphics card holding you back.

Also
http://www.wsgf.org/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.